Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In pretty much every single way. Sure I prefer Goldeneye on the N64, but when it comes to Perfect Dark, then N64 version had the fun factor all behind it that the XBLA version lacked severely.

I really don't see what having better graphics, a better controller, more maps, more weapons, and a wealth of online options makes it worse?

I mean it has online splitscreen for Christ's sake.

You can screenlook.

Using different screens.

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In pretty much every single way. Sure I prefer Goldeneye on the N64, but when it comes to Perfect Dark, then N64 version had the fun factor all behind it that the XBLA version lacked severely.

I really don't see what having better graphics, a better controller, more maps, more weapons, and a wealth of online options makes it worse?

I mean it has online splitscreen for Christ's sake.

You can screenlook.

Using different screens.

Maybe that's it, maybe I hated the controller for the game. Or maybe the game just didn't hold up well over the years. Who knows.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I may be one of the few who actually enjoy sports games. The only ones I played were MLB and NBA. I always enjoy 360 dunking on people when I am too lazy/out of shape to do it myself.

S

SixSenseEagle

Cod fans don't take this the wrong way, but I hate Cod and it is making me hate Fps. They use the same engine each year probably a new map in each game, but overall same engine and they make commercials acting like this time its is going to be a good refreshing Fps, but it Doesn't it be the same-thing as before and some of my friends and people on youtube says it the best cod ever??? grow up you don't see halos fans arguing abouts what's better probably because they have a mature fan-base and if it wasn't for Catacomb 3d, Counter-strike or doom it probably wouldn't be no Cod at all (sigh) That's all I have to say bye lol.

Ps. Hl3 hurry and come-out before its to late for me and the world.

adamshinoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Interactive Movie"

ie Nighttrap, Sewer Shark, Dragons Lair.

Totally agree. What's the point of making a game that you must watch a movie nearly all the time? If you want to watch movie, go watch a damn movie. If you want to play the game, go play the game that based on that movie.
Sega was a dumbshit back then when they invented that Sega CD Shit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey why can you forget one genre?
EDUCATIONAL GAMES.

Remember the old days with Mario Teaches Typing, Mario's Time Machine, Mario is Missing?

I vote it the WORST genre of video games ever.

69965183_8c13b83727_o.png

I disagree.

Reactions: 3 people

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really don't understand what's so fun about Sport and Racing games.
You can practice all those sports in real life and fighting games are just button-bashing.
Also I don't understand what's fun about driving laps as fast as possible, not even in real life and yes I can drive.

Have to agree with some people around here that most FPS are getting dull. Nothing fresh and new anymore these days.
To me it feels like I'm playing the same game over and over again, just put into a new jacket.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand what's so fun about Sport and Racing games.
You can practice all those sports in real life and fighting games are just button-bashing.
Also I don't understand what's fun about driving laps as fast as possible, not even in real life and yes I can drive.

Have to agree with some people around here that most FPS are getting dull. Nothing fresh and new anymore these days.
To me it feels like I'm playing the same game over and over again, just put into a new jacket.

Fighting games are hardly button bashing if you know how to play them at all.

And racing, I agree to an extent with like realistic racers but anything from Mario Kart to Burnout is really quite fun.

As for the constant FPS hate train, outside of modern war games (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Homefront), there's a lot of variety. From Borderlands to Half Life 2, FPS games have been the best this generation than ever before.

4-leaf-clover

SHSL LUCKSTER :/
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sports. Just... Why play something that you could do outside...

Like F1 Racing and Street Racing? Seems legit.

Hey why can you forget one genre?
EDUCATIONAL GAMES.

Remember the old days with Mario Teaches Typing, Mario's Time Machine, Mario is Missing?

I vote it the WORST genre of video games ever.

But doesnt that fall under the category "Racing" .......?
And yes i know that F1 Racing is a sport .... But with Sports games i think of Football, Tennis, Golf, Etc

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some sports games suck but only if they're EA and a football game or if it's 2k and a baseball game.
Really only people who like sports play sports video games.

Fishing is a terrible genre mostly because I've never heard of a good fishing game.

For some reason I can't play through an entire RPG unless its like Valkyria Chronicles so that's probably my least favorite actual genre.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why am I not surprised sports has a good lead? Perhaps because outside of some unique unlicensed bits of genius it's full retail rehash-o-rama every year paying for a roster upgrade and minor other stuff. It's greedy, it's stupid, and it's played out...also typically the AI is a joke that can be figured out and once it has been, it's over unless the game is designed around intentional rubber band AI cheats like some racing titles to so called keep it competitive.

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why am I not surprised sports has a good lead? Perhaps because outside of some unique unlicensed bits of genius it's full retail rehash-o-rama every year paying for a roster upgrade and minor other stuff. It's greedy, it's stupid, and it's played out...also typically the AI is a joke that can be figured out and once it has been, it's over unless the game is designed around intentional rubber band AI cheats like some racing titles to so called keep it competitive.

for a moment i thought you were talking about FPS, then i reread and apparently you talk about sports

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

for a moment i thought you were talking about FPS, then i reread and apparently you talk about sports

OH HO HO SO FUNNY.

Seriously people, hating FPS games doesn't making you cool. It just makes you sound like a hipster twat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs