Worst Gaming Related Thing You Ever Bought

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all seriousness though, anything made my Sony. They're money grubbing fools.

I've had so many problems with Sony consoles it's ridiculous! My Playstation I got back in 96/97 had to be replaced after a month due to a clicking drive, only for the replacement to not work at all.

The PS2 I grabbed on launch, first console didn't work. Second console overheated and the third one needed replacing as the controllers didn't repsond at all after two months.

PSP, the first one I had a upside down screen! Ok I got that used but whatever at least I got a refund and a proper working used PSP. :P

Never had a PS3, I'd like one as the exclusives do seem a lot better and fresher.

No problems with the two 360 consoles I've had or the Xbox either (I know a few people who are their 2nd or 3rd 360). Nintendo...never had a problem with anything apart from some carts on the NES not working straight away. Sega and all the others...no issues...I just had terrible luck with Sony products, not just gaming ones! Not ratting on Sony products, outside of controllers breaking no one I know personally have had issues.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Tony Hawk:Shred...
The strange thing is that I bought it for myself...

A knock-off charger for wii-motes+two battery packs, charged both of them and after five minutes they died. Charged them again, same thing. Threw the charger and the battery packs away in the end.

And my old PSP 1003. One year since I've bought it, the analog stick glitches and always goes left.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hHkVE.jpg

Nah not really. I got mine for free.

In all seriousness just some shit controllers and bad games. Nothing too bad like spending a small fortune on a shit console.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi

I sold my Wii and used the funds to get a DSi a couple years ago... What a fucking waste. Ended up selling that and getting a PSP (which I slightly regret getting rid of...). Preferred my black DSlite to my DSi by leaps and bounds. Handheld gaming just seems like a joke to me. I play games for immersion, and that just doesn't happen on a 4" screen... The only thing they're remotely good for are puzzle games (puzzle quest, bejeweled, etc...) and mind-numbing RPGs (when you'd like your mind numbed...). I can get all of that from my iPod when I want it...

At least the PSP has good emulators.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a few things.
#1: Accidentally paid money for a Descent II DEMO instead of the full version because of the asshole way PC games in Jewel Cases were all piled together at game/software stores in the late 90's.
#2: Bought the wrong Code Breaker trying to get FMCB installed by myself, cost me $45 at ebgames or gamestop, and it didn't even work with cheats for the one game I wanted to beat with cheats, much less have any kind of elf launching workaround (it was supposed to come with the USB device, but it came with a max memory card).
#3: An R4i Gold before Wood existed from a company that didn't release updates (but at least I found the 'temp as a result) (and it also got perma-blocked by a DSi System update)
#4: The iPlayer flashcart for GBA emulation on my DSi XL before the DStwo was released; I don't want to watch videos on my DSi XL nor use it as a music player, and it was severely overpriced. i could never get rid of the thing. I've used it once or twice this year as I've found more homebrew for the DS that I like but there's no point in keeping the thing set up when I have a DStwo.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I regret buying a Wii on launch day. It was not worth $250. Poor me, I bought into all this "Revolution" hype.

I searched for two months after release to find one; they were completely sold out in my area...
Played Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, and Mario Galaxy...let it sit until Metroid Prime 3 came out...let it sit until Silent Hill: Shattered Memories came out...Never touched it again.
Spent 100x the amount of time testing homebrew/compiling USB Loader GX than I did actually playing games on the thing.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? Why is everyone's MadCatz GC controllers going haywire? I've had one since 2007 and still works perfectly. On the other hand, the Official Nintendo ones died after 4 months!

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously? Why is everyone's MadCatz GC controllers going haywire? I've had one since 2007 and still works perfectly. On the other hand, the Official Nintendo ones died after 4 months!

I think someone swapped the labels around on your controllers.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think someone swapped the labels around on your controllers.
Heh, that'd be pretty funny... but it is so odd that I have good lock with madCatz. My bro has a PS2 controller by them also, and he is a ragey gamer (he throws controllers down and stuff) Still working.
Maybe this is the Japanese MadCatz.....

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, that'd be pretty funny... but it is so odd that I have good lock with madCatz. My bro has a PS2 controller by them also, and he is a ragey gamer (he throws controllers down and stuff) Still working.
Maybe this is the Japanese MadCatz.....
Usually they don't really "break" but the buttons just stop working properly. Like, the control stick veers slightly to one direction/the A button gets stuck down occasionally.. small things like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)