Gaming worried you might get one of the unflashable liteons?

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
no need to worry now Liteon 83850-v2 and Liteon 93450 DVD Key Can Now Be Dumped

here have been several news reports on Xboxhacker.net of users having success in dumping the keys of the newest un-moddable Liteon DVD drives. The methods posted so far are not for the beginner so do so at your own risk. The method seem crude at the moment, no doubt some easier methods will surface shortly. Remember with that DVD key you can install any flash-able DVD drive to that once un-moddable Xbox 360. Good job to all involved !

-Lift pin 101 and 122 (The MT Chip)
-solder a cable to pin 100, pin 101 and one to 3,3V
-use a 2-way switch which either connects 101 to 3,3V or to 100
-put the switch into the position so that it connects 100 to 101
-power drive
-start Dosflash, it will recognise the SPI with Status x72
-if you read it out now, it will just give you a .bin full of FFFFFFFF, but thats OK, this is how we tricked the Flash Controller to think the SPI is empty
-put the switch in the other position (so that 101 is connected to 3,3V)
-now read the flash

_http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12956.0

btw i didnt write this
rolleyes.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Joy, it was bad enough just teaching people how to use a probe on the 7 series and I managed to dodge most of the earlier hacks like this (MS28 VCC and the like or even just the two wire hitachi) from a teaching people perspective anyhow.

On the other hand: whoo hacks.

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stupid question: how do you know if your lite-on can could not be be flashed or not? Is it with the yellow wire thingy?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Purely to be pedantic it was not the drive could not be flashed but the key that could not be dumped.

The yellow wire was just used to tell the drive models apart as the liteon and benq drive to tell liteon drives apart from benq (they have the same tray and fascia).

Which version of Liteon drive you have can only be found out by looking at the sticker (and even then in the case of the 8 series it is not a certainty):
7xxxxxx you need a probe.
8xxxxxx and from made before late August* and you just need a compatible sata setup. They first appeared in late June 2009.
8xxxxxx and from a 360 made after the dates and it was "undumpable", the general consensus is that they are the 9xxxxxx but without the sticker.
9xxxxxx was undumpable.

*I am not 100% sure on this but it was late summer, repair shops were the first to send them out so there was a bit of a lag before they hit retail.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does this cover all the 360 units to date, including the CODMW2 LE one that's going for $400, which is what I was considering getting, unless there's a better value to be had?

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
So, does this cover all the 360 units to date, including the CODMW2 LE one that's going for $400, which is what I was considering getting, unless there's a better value to be had?

yes every single xbox 360 as of right now can be flashed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning