worried aoubt my g6real 16gig bit order

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by cribby08, Oct 21, 2007.

Oct 21, 2007
  1. cribby08
    OP

Member cribby08 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just ordered a g6 real 16 gb (2 gigabyte) a few days ago. Before I ordered I checked a lot of reviews and they all seemed good. Now the more I read and do research I am finding that there may be a systemic problem with most of the g6 real 16 gig cards and that may be the reason that they may not be producing them anymore.

Has anyone else heard this? Is there any truth to this?

I have always known g6 to be a quality card. I'm just kind of worried now because the card was pretty expensive. With shipping and getting it from an official reseller it cost me almost $100. I don't want to have an expensive card that has problems.

If anyone has any hard evidence that this is true or untrue please respond to this thread [​IMG]

I emailed the g6 team about this but I haven't got a response yet.

Hopefully there is a g6 staff on this forum to clear this up? Or a gba temper that really knows their stuff.

Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. I probably should have done more research before buying. I didnt think much about it because I always thought g6 was a quality brand with good support.

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    As I have read. There is nothing really wrong with the G6DS Real cards except minor bugs & for the none production part I have heard that they are looking for some NAND Flash Memory sellers I guess.

3. cribby08
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the response. I was just a bit worried especially b/c its an expensive card.

4. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    No prob anytime man

5. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't be worried. It's an excellent cart. You're going to be very happy with it.

The only gripe I have with it right now, and it's very minor, is that Zelda doesn't have soft reset right now. I know they'll get it fixed, but it should have been fixed by now.

Besides that, it is an excellent cart.

6. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    You shouldnt worry about the G6 at all. Shortage has nothing to do with any 'technical' issue from the G6 itself. We are just working something out with parts supplier.

[​IMG]

7. cribby08
    OP

United States
    Thanks alot for posting. Nice to see that someone from the g6 team checks these forums.