Hacking Worried about this acekard I just got

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a DS lite and I got the Acekard 2i today, I booted it up in my DS Lite and noticed the following

1) I saw on a YouTube video that the Acekard Logo is supposed to be the launch animation but instead its some japanese name saying DORASU or something in english at the bottom center
2) It failed the anti clone check on acekard site and there are 4 series of number on the back, i tried those numbers in every possible patttern in singles doubles triples and even quads all of them leading to the same result of a fake.
3) I downloaded the 1.8.8 firmware and before putting it in the sd card did a fresh format with Panasonic SD Formatter but it still shows the Acekard is running at 1.8.7 no matter how many times I put it in.

Please DO NOT tell me this is a fake card, even though all the signs point to it I think I might be doing something wrong if so can someone please help me out? I bought the acekard form this guy on eBay whose page has now vanished ... Please guys tell me I am not completely screwed.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1) The ak2i icon appeared on a previous update, only on ds phats/lites (not on dsi/3ds). The current ones are shown as actual games' icons, which are determined by whichever game it fakes as in order to make it seem like a legit game. iirc, the DORASU icon is the latest one, supporting dsi v1.4.3 and 3ds v2.1.0-4

2) Dunno about this, but I doubt it's fake, since it's updated to the latest bootstrap + akaio works fine on it.

3) The theme just wasn't updated, thus akaio 1.8.8 says 1.8.7. You can press start, 'more ->', and then 'help' to see the actual akaio version (towards the bottom left).

loco365

Trophies
XP
And to boot, the anti-clone check has only been implemented on newer cards, and are on a small oval, silver-colored sticker. If it doesn't have it, then
A. It's an older version of the AceKard 2i, or
B. It is a fake.

AKAIO won't run on a fake card, so we can eliminate B. Therefore, your card should be a legit card. If you are still unsure, you can also check your card's HWID (Hardware ID), found on Start -> more ->help. There is a list on the AceKard wiki (or was it AKAIO?) page here and it will have a list of HWIDs that you can compare to.

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the acekard Wiki page and my HW is 81 on the yellow and black PCB. THANK GOD. =D

Can you guys tell me how I can play the newer games as they come out? Like with RetroGameFan I download the newer dat files for the new games but suppose Game A comes out tomorrow can I run it on my Acekard or not?

Also How I do soft reset in games? i have enabled it from the options but L+R AND A+B+X+Y don't take me back to the main menu

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If the AP bypass doesn't fix compatibility issues, you'll have to wait for a firmware update or an update on the akaio loader (replace the files with the files in _aio\Loaders)

Just have some patience; I believe Normmatt is holding off on releasing an update until another decent game comes out (or maybe he's waiting 'till every single ds game is out).

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot guys, I was beginning to think I bought a fake. =D My previous card was an R4i Yes / Advance which I used in combination with Retro Game Fan, should I still keep the old card given that it can run RGF files with no problems or sell it? I am a HUGE noob with the acekard and will need a lot of time to figure it out =/

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for telling me that, so can someone answer my previous question regarding my old flashkard vs keeping acekard? that's the last question I have.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for telling me that, so can someone answer my previous question regarding my old flashkard vs keeping acekard? that's the last question I have.
I don't think it's that much worth selling flashcarts. Just keep both of them, one as a back-up. If you happen to brick your ak2i by any chance, you can unbrick it by running the updater on another cart and swapping before going through the update process.

plus, YSmenu is amazing, being my favorite firmware since I became interested in flashcarts. ^_^

SoftKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my DS lite doesn't have firmware like DSi and beyond how can I possibly brick the acekard? and should I make my Acekard my primary now?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
my DS lite doesn't have firmware like DSi and beyond how can I possibly brick the acekard? and should I make my Acekard my primary now?
dsi/3ds's causing bricks is just a misconception. They don't, as well as lites and phats. ;)
You can brick your ak2i if you forcibly shut the power off while updating your ak2i. But you can swap/unbrick. It's not such a common occurrence, so it's not really something to worry about, but a back-up flashcart isn't really bad.

I've always used both my ak2i and dstti as primary. I have two 8gb msd cards, each with different games, one on my ak2i, the other on my dstti. It depends on your expectations for what you want a flashcart to accomplish.

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States
Just keep your R4i as a back-up. AceKards tend to have a lot of contact issues and if the simple paper trick doesn't work for you, then it'd be handy to have another flash cart to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...