Review World's first iSmart MM FULL Video Review

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice review but you failed on the main thing.

THIS IS NOT A COPY/CLONE OF THE DSTWO.

The iSMM is based on the iPlayer hardware, i repeat, iPlayer hardware.

If you still think it's a copy/clone then proove it properly !

Try to run dstwo plugins on the iSMM. try to use the last dstwo game patch on it.
And overall compare the two pcb and proove me both hardware are identical.

I'm waiting ...
tongue.gif

Ps : the iSMM is able to play mkv file. read my complet test of the movie player here.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
by copy/clone I just think it is "similar" that is it lol, I did not mean that its a EXACT copy but all the features are similar that's it. cuz the iSmart MM has all the feautres the DS2 has and that is why i said copy lol\

So is it right to say this?

QUOTE said:
"The iSmart MM use's the same hardware as the iPlayer and has all the features of the Supercard DS2"

Umm... Should I re-do the review 0_o??

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's fine, the way it is
most people who see the iSmart MM will call it a clone too..
like jurassicplayer said, just make a note of it

I was sent one of these for a review, and I'm trying my best not to call it a clone..
smile.gif

a note to mbmax
I've decided to order an iSmart premium..again..so I hope that something special you talked about happens soon

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We can call it a clone for sure ! But not a clone of dstwo !
iPlayer clone with dstwo feature this is the right way to say that in my opinion .

The hardware of the iSMM is exactly the same than the iPlayer one (except the firmware of course).
Mean the CPU is a little lower (frequency) than the dstwo CPU.
We can't boot the dstwo OS on it and can't run any dstwo plugins on it.

Now you guys still call it a dstwo clone ? i really don't understand why.

it's like canada dry. Looks like whisky but it's not.
tongue.gif

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mbmax said:
We can call it a clone for sure ! But not a clone of dstwo !
iPlayer clone with dstwo feature this is the right way to say that in my opinion .

The hardware of the iSMM is exactly the same than the iPlayer one (except the firmware of course).
Mean the CPU is a little lower (frequency) than the dstwo CPU.
We can't boot the dstwo OS on it and can't run any dstwo plugins on it.

Now you guys still call it a dstwo clone ? i really don't understand why.

it's like canada dry. Looks like whisky but it's not.
tongue.gif

Why do u get so mad when we say its a clone of the ds2?
glare.gif
By clone we mean cuz ALL THE FEATURES that the ds2 has, the iSmart MM has excpet the snes emulator

Lol, I am not even gonna make a note of it cuz I thought about it and I think IT IS a "clone" of the ds2 (by clone I mean all exact same features)

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
Warrior522 said:
...it's just a DStwo/iPlayer knockoff...

its not a knockoff, and while i appreciate your opinion its based on an outside perspective. it is OEM. supercard coded the menu. will anyone ever admit to that in public, probably not. but i have my sources and i'm confident about what i've just typed.

think of this project as fixing the 4mb homebrew limitation of the iplayer, adding a revamped video player, and adding commercial rom support. instead of doing all of that for free as a homebrew project for the iplayer they created a business plan to make a bit of money. buying tested designs and official support is an excellent business plan that requires little "know how" from those who are investing. pretty much the way all business plans work. you can’t fault them for that. its not a clone, its not reverse engineered, its not a knock-off, its not fake, etc.

i would appreciate it if everyone stopped classifying it as such. ismartds is not the next “r4” company.

with that said, let the full review speak for the quality of the card when it is published.

-another world

Stop calling it a clone.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gariscus said:
Another World said:
Warrior522 said:
...it's just a DStwo/iPlayer knockoff...

its not a knockoff, and while i appreciate your opinion its based on an outside perspective. it is OEM. supercard coded the menu. will anyone ever admit to that in public, probably not. but i have my sources and i'm confident about what i've just typed.

think of this project as fixing the 4mb homebrew limitation of the iplayer, adding a revamped video player, and adding commercial rom support. instead of doing all of that for free as a homebrew project for the iplayer they created a business plan to make a bit of money. buying tested designs and official support is an excellent business plan that requires little "know how" from those who are investing. pretty much the way all business plans work. you can’t fault them for that. its not a clone, its not reverse engineered, its not a knock-off, its not fake, etc.

i would appreciate it if everyone stopped classifying it as such. ismartds is not the next “r4” company.

with that said, let the full review speak for the quality of the card when it is published.

-another world

Stop calling it a clone.

Do u know why alot of people call this flashcard a clone? Cuz it has ALL the features the DS2 has EXCEPT the snes emulator, lol, how much times do I have to repeat myself

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
The DS homebrew term "clone" refers to a flashcart that has the same hardware and software(with some modifications) as another flashcart without permission.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, you do what you want haddad and i'm not getting mad.
tongue.gif

Do my post seemed to show that ?
unsure.gif

Gariscus said:
The DS homebrew term "clone" refers to a flashcart that has the same hardware and software(with some modifications) as another flashcart without permission.
+1

Exactly what i wished you to understand haddad. But you seems to not understand.
wink.gif

Nevermind. call it like you wish to call it. Every noobs will continue to think it's a dstwo clone which is as powerfull as the dstwo.
[ironic]Good to know we can use all dstwo plugins on iSMM.
grog.gif
[/ironic]

You are awesome quick in your conclusions.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mbmax said:
Well, you do what you want haddad and i'm not getting mad.
tongue.gif

Do my post seemed to show that ?
unsure.gif

Gariscus said:
+1

Exactly what i wished you to understand haddad. But you seems to not understand.
wink.gif

Nevermind. call it like you wish to call it. Every noobs will continue to think it's a dstwo clone which is as powerfull as the dstwo.
[ironic]Good to know we can use all dstwo plugins on iSMM.
grog.gif
[/ironic]

You are awesome quick in your conclusions.

by clone I meant it has all same features

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Homebrew plugins are ok of course, it's just nds files launched directly from the plugin menu.
I mean real plugins .plg, like the iReader or the Snes emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.