Gaming World's biggest Wii U game collection

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
"Hi, I'm Bond....James Bond and here, check out my WiiU collection!" "There has been a total of 141, unique physical games and I have 136 of those, my penis will grow a further 2 inches over night when I find the last 5 Japanese exclusives". Why?, please I luv it, funny! :lol: OMG, 43 minutes of it as well to boot :rofl:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Going by the thumbnail pic he has a lot of doubles which begs the question why? I guess he likes having the same game with slightly different covers.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice video. Glad to find someone who actually likes the system enough to support...well...EVERYTHING (I guess that's the soler buyer of Zumba fitness? :P ). I skipped over most of the individual games, so I might have missed it, but...does he have all individual games from the eshop as well? :unsure:

The hardware is spectacularly lacking in comparison, though. I can somewhat understand the balance board not being there (somewhat...as a non-collector, I'd say it's madness to get wii fit u without it)...but not a single amiibo? Ouch. It's almost as if he's just collecting the covers rather than the actual games. :P

@Wiicube: true...he collects both the PAL and NTSC versions if they have different covers.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The blue label Wii U games look a lot more organised & cleaner, imo, whereas the US Wii U labels are all white just like the Wii which doesn't really separate the two.

I too found that odd and I'm really not surprised that consumers in the US have a hard time realizing the Wii U is not a Wii.

The video is OK, though hardly worthy of anything. If someone gets a kick out of this that's cool, but the Wii U hasn't had many game releases and it's been out for only 3 years. Anyone who got the Wii U at launch with deep pockets could easily get these games. Let's see about this collection in 2-3 years when the Wii U is at the end of its cycle. At that point it'd be almost impossible to find copies of launch games like Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper or obscure crap like Barbie: Dreamhouse Party.

EDIT: The worse part is that I know the guy personally. Lives not far away from where I live. :)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The only Wii U games worth owning are solely the exclusives and nothing else, as long as you've got a PS4/PC so with that you get superior multiplatforms.

Wii U has amazing multiplatforms like Monster High: 13 Wishes and PS4's got Shadow of Mordor (looks like an AC clone but I love AC's gameplay so I don't mind).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wii U has amazing multiplatforms like Monster High: 13 Wishes
Okay everyone, calm down. Wii U has now had its U-turn, the amazing multiplatforms have arrived. This is what we've all been waiting for.

iu.jpeg

:wtf:

finngamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
the Wii U hasn't had many game releases and it's been out for only 3 years.

2 years and 3 months, to be precise.

Anyone who got the Wii U at launch with deep pockets could easily get these games.

Sure, deep pockets will get you anything, but the trick is to collect without paying top dollar. But even using lots of money doesn't necessarily make it easy. I've done countless hours of research online just to verify the existence of some physical games, or what region they were released in, and not all of them are on eBay at any given moment. Like with the Japanese exclusives, it's not like you could walk to a store in Finland and hand over money to get them all.

But the hunt is half the fun, of course.

The worse part is that I know the guy personally.

Uh, no you don't?

Here's my full release list for the Wii U, in case someone is interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lOOHpkN1h3TDZob1R0VGs4c1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

finngamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
We met 6 years ago. I'm tall and used to listen to techno back then. You don't recognize my nickname, but I recognize you Janne. :)

Not sure if it qualifies as "knowing personally", but okay. :) I don't live in Espoo anymore, though, but still in the capital area.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not sure if it qualifies as "knowing personally", but okay. :) I don't live in Espoo anymore, though, but still in the capital area.

We're cool. I still live in Espoo, though.

I recognize the work you've put into finding stuff like an Amazon Germany exclusive version of Mario Kart 8. And you probably have the world's biggest Wii U collection. Knowing you, it'll keep growing. My problem is only with the fact the Wii U, other than having obscure titles and the occasional Nintendo releases, doesn't really have a library worth collecting. If you discount multiplatforms and iterative editions, what are you left with?

EDIT: I should add that games like Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition don't qualify as a unique Wii U title. TTT2 was released for other consoles as well. I also wouldn't count the three different "versions" of SoulCalibur II as unique versions just because the GameCube version had Link while the PS2 and Xbox versions didn't. Same principle applies to episodic games like Dragon Quest X, which receive expansions, but aren't new games in their own right.

finngamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My problem is only with the fact the Wii U, other than having obscure titles and the occasional Nintendo releases, doesn't really have a library worth collecting. If you discount multiplatforms and iterative editions, what are you left with?

Actually it's quite the contrary. Thanks to being a commercial failure, the Wii U has minimal amount of shovelware. The percentage of fantastic exclusives of the whole library is higher than other consoles for sure. It also has only three sports games to collect, which is of course bad for the console but good for me.

EDIT: I should add that games like Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition don't qualify as a unique Wii U title. TTT2 was released for other consoles as well. I also wouldn't count the three different "versions" of SoulCalibur II as unique versions just because the GameCube version had Link while the PS2 and Xbox versions didn't. Same principle applies to episodic games like Dragon Quest X, which receive expansions, but aren't new games in their own right.

Ummm, by that logic the GameCube had zero Soul Calibur II games, as it was released on other consoles as well. :lol: You must be mistaking the word unique with exclusive. Of course TTT2:WUE should be counted in the unique games the Wii U has, it's the only game of the series on the platform.

Every release with a different name and a different release date is a unique game for a collector, but naturally people can have any principles they want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...