World Tour Wifi wil backuplauncher WORKS!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sum182, Oct 24, 2008.

Oct 24, 2008
  1. sum182
    OP

Newcomer sum182 Advanced Member

United States
    So i just logged into Nintendo Wifi, accessed GHtunes, DLed a song from GHtunes, accessed the music store, and DLed The Zach Wyle guitar duel from it, so i can confirm, that World Tours Wifi with the backuploader v0.1 WORKS!!!

2. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well now that the DLC works can it be ripped off on the SD card and made portable for the rest of us sinners?

I was actually looking forward to using my Wii points on GH and RB DLC but if I can't access the Wii Store (I am not updating to 3.3) then I can't reload my account.

3. sum182
    OP

United States
    Whenever i tried to save it to my SD card it gave me an error, but thats prob cause the backup loader was running from my SD card, i'll try it with the channel l8er. It did save to my wii tho and is awsome

And also, you don't have to access the wii shop channel to DL the songs, it can be done in-game and without updating your wii. Im running 3.2u and was able to do everything fine

4. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have been so busy lately I didn't even know this was out early but I am getting it now. I'll let you know how it goes cause I will not be using a launcher to play it.

My question about the Wii shop channel was because you can't load points onto your account unless you are in the Wii shop. I just hope that these tracks are portable and then hackable for easy importing of custom tracks, but now I am really getting ahead of myself.

I am sure I will be content to rock out to Tool and Jimi Hendrix for a good while.

5. netsliderx

Member netsliderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes but when you have WiFi turned on in your Wii itself.. the fretboards are laggy. Otherwise it's quite playable. I wonder if this trick would have worked for Guitar Hero 3..? Hmmm

6. sum182
    OP

United States
    I was logged into the wifi and played the guitar duel and i didnt get any desyncing or anything, just the into vid was a little laggy. I have 200 Wii Points so i'll try to Download a song from ingame and see what it does, tho it told me i had the points ingame so i think its gonna be fine...

7. mrwulff

Newcomer mrwulff Advanced Member

United States
    I have no wii points so when i go to the gh store, it tells me to buy some at the shop chan, but i cant go to the shop, cause i'm not updating. Aren't there free songs so why would i need points?

8. sum182
    OP

United States
    I just bought Rock and Roll Band from the music store, without going to the shot channel. So, if you already have wii points, you can do it all in-game. If not, then you have to update. But you could alwasy downgrade after you add your wiipoints.

9. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    there is no downgrade fix for the 3.3b yet... since it blocks all unofficial IOS installs... you can't downgrade...

just be patient, DLC will be ripped, and available for download in a week or two...