World of Final Fantasy TGS 2016 trailer

At this year’s Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix Ltd., released a new WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY trailer that follows the journey of siblings Reynn and Lann as they enter the world of Grymoire.
Bound by prophecy to lead the world to salvation or ruin, they encounter a multitude of familiar FINAL FANTASY beasts and characters, including Faris and her pirate moogles (of FINAL FANTASY V), Rydia and her companion mist dragon (FINAL FANTASY IV) and the young summoner Eiko (FINAL FANTASY IX). The trailer also features the opening theme song “Innocence2” performed by Mizuki.

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY will be available for the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita system on 28th October 2016.

:arrow:World of Final Fantasy Official Site

Reactions: takeya yuki

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It reminds me of kingdom hearts. Looks like it could be fun but i wish they'd show some gameplay. If this game lets you capture all those cute chibi monsters i'l definitely want it. (even though i have no PS4 D:)

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it looks cute and it's obviously got a fairly high production value, but Final Fantasy's turn-based brand of combat is one of the most vapid, unengaging systems I've ever had the displeasure of being influenced to partake in. While this looks like a game I could get behind in terms of looks, if the gameplay is still the same-old-same-old, it's an instant pass.

EDIT: Oh, well there you go.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I mean, it looks cute and it's obviously got a fairly high production value, but Final Fantasy's turn-based brand of combat is one of the most vapid, unengaging systems I've ever had the displeasure of being influenced to partake in. While this looks like a game I could get behind in terms of looks, if the gameplay is still the same-old-same-old, it's an instant pass.

EDIT: Oh, well there you go.
Personally i'm overjoyed it's turn based and single player :) It's a genre that's sadly dying and it's a damn shame. Screw those action RPGs, it's turn based ones for me <3

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I met the Game Director of this game (who was also the Scenario Writer on VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII) at PAX West. He's a really cool guy! The trailers they showed at the PAX panel were also pretty funny. They had the voice actors for the game there as well, who are funny in their own way. It seems like just a trip down memory lane with all your favorite FF buddies. Pretty cute. I implore you to give it a look-see before throwing down yer verdicts!

Reactions: dimmidice

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really a fan of the character designs. I've always disliked those chibis and the main/original characters all have the same face.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all