• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 9,459
  • Replies 121
  • Likes 4
D

Deleted_171835

OP
The world will run out of cocoa - the basic ingredient of chocolate - within the next seven years due to pressures of rising global demand, experts have warned.

Industry experts who met at the British Library in London last week have even predicted the exact date of the impending meltdown - October 2, 2020.

"There will be a chocolate shortage and there isn't a solution to the problem. Seven years is what we think we have left," chocolate taster and expert Angus Kennedy said.

They warned that world would need the equivalent of another planet Earth to fill the gap needed to keep the chocolate industry going.

"We need another Earth basically if we carry on at this rate. We are destroying the whole thing. The problem we've got is that much of the space that was used for cocoa plantations is no longer there," Kennedy said.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/c...-world-will-run-out-of-cocoa-by-2020/1179482/

Shit, time to stockpile on Hershey before the Chocapocalypse.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution: Eat less chocolate.
It's only going to make you fat anyway.

Personally, I don't care much about it tho.
Dun like it anyway.

How Dare YOU! :angry: How would you feel of their was a world shortage on [insert your favorite food here] Femboys shit i cant think of right now. Chocolate isn't a choice it's something your born with! Tbh im more affected by this then the government shutdown.:cry:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How Dare YOU! :angry: How would you feel of their was a world shortage on [insert your favorite food here] Femboys shit i cant think of right now. Chocolate isn't a choice it's something your born with! Tbh im more affected by this then the government shutdown.:cry:

The only things that have chocolate on them is Jaffacakes.
And that's teh only thing I really really love.
Seeing that their only sold in the UK, I can't miss then due to being unable to get them.

And yeh I agree.
Government shutdown is an perfectly valid excuse to party c:

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Uhm, what's to stop people from growing more cocoa? From what I can tell this is a space issue and not a matter of cocoa suddenly disappearing.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm, what's to stop people from growing more cocoa? From what I can tell this is a space issue and not a matter of cocoa suddenly disappearing.
"They warned that the world would need the equivalent of another planet Earth to fill the gap needed to keep the chocolate industry going."
So in a way, you're completely correct. If they had the space, they would have no worries supporting the demand. As it is now, they can grow it, but not at a rate that will keep the shelves stocked.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In recent news: Meteors of flaming red chocolate have plummeted towards the earth and caused grave damage to residential neighborhoods. A large meteor landed in the Great Lakes and produced a massive wave of chocolate that flooded Chicago and is continuing to devastate eastern Iowa, northern Indiana, and some parts of Ohio. Rescue crews are busy at work hauling out survivors out of the mess that scientists are saying is the worse catastrophe to ever befall the earth.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is seriously crazy. To know that such natural resource will be extinct is just as bad as certain animals will be extinct.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just get rid of rainforests - all they really are is a breeding place for murderous, poisonous animals that want you dead. You take care of'em and all they can pay you back with is death by means of venom injection. Cocoa on the other hand... :tpi:

//Le Master Ruseman

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1