Working...then not?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Chaosblade, Mar 8, 2008.

Mar 8, 2008

Working...then not? by Chaosblade at 6:32 PM (920 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Chaosblade
    OP

Newcomer Chaosblade Newbie

Canada
    Hmmm, well, long story short. I got Pokemon Diamond, played offline due to tha lack of knowledge of the USB WFC; I was thinking we could only connect with a wireless router, but my dad is a nub and abhors networking. Now, I moved out and learned of the USB WFC thingamajig and when I got that, I also got Pokemon Pearl along with it so I could trade Pokemon and battle with my friend in the US, etc etc (I'm in Canada). I downloaded v1.06 of the software so I could use it on my comp and it worked fine for the first night (This is Thursday night, about 3 nights ago). Well, my friend was too busy to test it out with me, but everything checked out fine for my Diamond version.

Then on Friday, I tried to get my Friend Code on my Pearl version. Suddenly, I was getting an error that I couldn't connect with the USB WFC and instantly I was ranting at myself. Silently. I checked with Nintendo and all that stuff, but it didn't help at all. Now, today, a classmate that plays on WFC tried to help me and he decided to just reset all the connections manually. So he went into the WFC Settings on my Diamond and erased all the setting and tried to reconnect to establish a new WFC ID. When I returned to the room, he was in his own panic mode and explained that not only can we not connect to WFC through the USB connector, we now can't even FIND the USB WFC even though we're sitting right next to my comp.

Any ideas how to fix this?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i have no experience with the usb adaptor for the nds but i do know that it has some issues. i have read complains when using it with different operating systems, and problems with it dropping the signal. i know there are hacks for it to make it function more like a router, and hacks to make all wifi (including homebrew) run with it.

your best chance is to call the toll free nintendo number on the back of your nds. the call is free and they will help you to debug your problem. my advice to you is to sell that usb thing and buy a router with wireless access for 75-85$. you will get much better results for something that cost 50$ more than the nds usb stick, and it has more use than just connecting your nds up to the net.

oh and call your dad up and say your sorry for calling him names. he is the reason your alive to play with your nds =).

goodluck,
    -AW

3. mikagami

Member mikagami GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hack it as a soft ap.

4. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    what firewall software are you running?

5. Chaosblade
    OP

Newcomer Chaosblade Newbie

Canada
    I've already enabled the USB connect through all my firewalls, that shouldn't be the problem.

No idea how to hack it. XD Any tutorial sites?

I'll try the 1-800 number, the problem with returning it is I've already thrashed up the package and I got it from EB...[​IMG]" As for my old man, he's a step, and I hold very little respect for him. He has yet to do anything to earn it.