Homebrew Working text editor for the NDS/R4?

Dark Reality

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think one of the most valuable homebrew projects out there is DSOrganize because of the text editor, but unfortunately it's broken. It works fine enough if you save every minute or so, but saving quits back to the file manager. If you don't save every minute or so, it's liable to quit back to the file manager without saving, possibly resulting in paragraphs lost. The latest DSOrganize can save without quitting, but you have to double-tap Shift or Caps Lock sometimes to get them to toggle, and that alone kills the deal.

Has anyone made a fully-working text editor? I'd like autosave and word-processor features like bold and italic, but I really just want something that "just works".

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: If you have a slot-2 with memory.. there is always DSLinux and the Nano Text editor

Still hunting, will edit again if i find anythng more.

Other non-working solutions:
blarghtexteditor.r103http://ds.spacemonkeymafia.com/txtwriter.php
DSBlue (DSOrganize type app, has notepad, but wip)
TxtWriter - wip, no file save

OHHHH.... i found an awesome new app i hadn't came across before... DSuite organiser v1.02

Popped it on my Acekard2, ran it... and all of a sudden im in a windows like interface... and on the desktop, i see a familiar notepad icon! but.. does it work... click it, then hit A to confirm (later found double click/tap worked!), then used the osk to enter "testing", clicked the floppy save icon, it prompted for a password, i gave it "test.txt", hit return on the osk, exited the app, returned to notepad, hit the open file icon, it asked what file with test.txt filled in... hit A... and bang.. there is my text file :)

This DS app looks SWEET, gonna search the forum in a sec and see if anyone here has posted about it, if not... I DEF will!

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozzymud said:
Edit: If you have a slot-2 with memory.. there is always DSLinux and the Nano Text editor

Still hunting, will edit again if i find anythng more.

Other non-working solutions:
blarghtexteditor.r103http://ds.spacemonkeymafia.com/txtwriter.php
DSBlue (DSOrganize type app, has notepad, but wip)
TxtWriter - wip, no file save

OHHHH.... i found an awesome new app i hadn't came across before... DSuite organiser v1.02

Popped it on my Acekard2, ran it... and all of a sudden im in a windows like interface... and on the desktop, i see a familiar notepad icon! but.. does it work... click it, then hit A to confirm (later found double click/tap worked!), then used the osk to enter "testing", clicked the floppy save icon, it prompted for a password, i gave it "test.txt", hit return on the osk, exited the app, returned to notepad, hit the open file icon, it asked what file with test.txt filled in... hit A... and bang.. there is my text file
smile.gif

This DS app looks SWEET, gonna search the forum in a sec and see if anyone here has posted about it, if not... I DEF will!
Im gonna have to disargree with something said here. If it looks like windows It cant possibly look sweet. still I can use a text editor and will look into it

another solution you can try is ds linux. im pretty sure that has a text editor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users