Working on a videogame site

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by xxRAG3, Jan 9, 2010.

Jan 9, 2010

Working on a videogame site by xxRAG3 at 9:27 AM (922 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. xxRAG3
    OP

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  2. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
  3. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Tripleposting is against the rules, and so is bumping...

However... You want someone to make a website for free, that can do anything...

You'll have to be more specific and maybe offer some kind of payment, else I doubt that anyone will show any interest... (apart from self taught 12 year olds who also at the same time makes 34 translations and his own mmorpg...)

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    If you're going to post before someone else, please edit your previous post. Thanks [​IMG]

5. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    For free? I never said that. I said I would offer a fair cut of the profits. It's because this isn't a fulltime job and no one working with me on it is doing fulltime. It also allows for my web deisgners to have a little more confidence. Everyone that I have told about my site and it's fair concepts and ideas have been sucked in immediately; it's just that none of them do web design. That and I plan on ranking in a ton of cash to begin with.

So far no one has really asked anything ;l

Sorry about the tripleposting.

6. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    No, you did not say that you would offer a fair cut of the profits... it's not there in the first post at all... You didn't say it was for free either, but the lack of information regarding payment can be considered "for free"...

Yes, everyone you've told about your site have been sucked in... but you haven't told anyone anything here. "a game site that can do everything" doesn't say much. Tell us more about the details. What is everything?

(just trying to help)

7. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    I can help you [​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Design-All-One-Dummi...6119&sr=8-1

Oh, also, unless you sell something from that website, you wont make any cash. If its ad-infested noone will go there anyway and adblock will deal with the rest

but since you want questions

will your dream website be able to combine the best aspects of several given games into one awesome supergame for me?

8. xxRAG3
    OP

United States
    will your dream website be able to combine the best aspects of several given games into one awesome supergame for me?

sure.

The website is free. Revenue mostly comes from a system I'm designing for tournaments to that they are completely automatic. Tournaments can be set up by anyone, paid or unpaid for. This has only been designed to work with PC games. There is also an article and review system built by users for users. There are faculty posts, yes, but most articles and reviews come from users. The hook is that they get paid a part of the money from any ads on that page.