working on a quick little wii shooter

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by newo, Dec 30, 2017.

1. newo
    OP

newo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    Jamaica
    I actually have no idea how to get homebrew to run in dolphin as my machine cant handle dolphin. Filiph managed to get it to the loading screen but I have no idea what is required.

2. newo
    OP

newo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    Jamaica
    Spend most of last week on other projects but manage to clean up bugs and messed with the graphix. managed to get 4 snakes bosses on the stage at once if you play on hard mode, the water is now smoother, the fog thicker. Everything should still run at 60fps. I am still thinking about how to implement a new type of boss and how to discourage people from just holding down the shoot button FOREVER - maybe have some kind of weapon charge mode or something. anyway beta download updated with new build.

screenshot_20190209005925. screenshot_20190209005919.

sindrik likes this.
  3. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Nice changes, downloading!

newo likes this.
  4. newo
    OP

newo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    Jamaica
    Ok how about this; when you reach max bombs (which also means your fire rate is the highest) if you keep holding the shoot button for 3 seconds you will unleash all your bombs in one huge explosion. Resulting in you losing all your bombs and your fire rate will slow back down.

This should discourage the habit of constantly holding down the fire button.

5. newo
    OP

newo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    Jamaica
    Gonna release the update into the live tommorow on wiibrew but for today the beta has a last minute change;
    - when you have 10 bombs your fire rate will be the fastest but if you hold the first button for more than 4 seconds you will fire all your bombs at once dropping you fire rate back down to the slowest level. this is to discourage players spamming the fire button.
    - messed with the water shading.

screenshot_20190215005435.

Sinon likes this.
  6. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Will there be a powered up shot in the future?

7. newo
    OP

newo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    Jamaica
    everything in the game can pretty much be 1 shot killed(except for the bosses) so a more powerful shot would not help much. Unless it would be inthere to look pretty. With bombs and the final blast what would you do with a powered up shot?

8. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    I understand. I keep thinking in Star Fox :D. Guess we need more powerful insistent enemies :hateit:

9. newo
    OP

newo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    Jamaica
    yeah, its not an exact clone. in fact it is much easier than any of the starfox games. I just want people to have fun blowing stuff up without having to worry about enemies shooting them down over and over. And if you are a pro then there are leaderboards where you can attempt to beat the high scores. I try to not be too ambitious with my homebrew because if you set your goals too high you most likely end up not finishing anything at all. But thanx to everyone who took time out to test it. I hope it brings joy to people at least for a couple minutes.