newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
MrReaper suggested to sub title the game "Fighter-One-X" to give the word "fox" some meaning.

Working on the little details in the star field background ;

screenshot_20180413092417.png
screenshot_20180414221719.png
screenshot_20180415110356.png
screenshot_20180415114545.png

Reactions: kaisersozeh

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I read it as a rogue one reference -star fox definitely gives star wars a nod! But fighter one X works, maybe make more of the acronym in the art? Or maybe I'm an idiot for not noticing :D
I had a thought about adding variation to the sky using your planet generating algorithm to create supernova and nebulae - I was a big fan of winmpa back in the day - it quickly generated cloud like images created using the sound wave and some iterative maths. It might be simple to implement and the code might already exist. Just a thought....

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
heh, well I am not going to stop anyone from making up their own backstory for the game!

Dots are pretty much the simplest thing I can do with the CPU power I have. I am currently using 70% of the wii's power to generate everything. So I only have a little room left to add a few details before I release the game. so i make the best of the 2064 star dots. I could put 40k dots up but then I would have to sacrifice something else like explosions or bullet speed. Gotta stay within the bounds. Alot of game use images in the skybox/background but it would not work as well for this project since I am messing with colours so much. I do dial somethings back everynow and then so I can get some extra power to do something new for example when I started coding the game the explosions used to be bigger.

screenshot_20180415114717.png
screenshot_20180415114835.png
screenshot_20180415115345.png
screenshot_20180415115429.png

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Guys/Gals its been a long journey 1.0986 will be the last beta build before release tomorrow or Tuesday. but I am done, 85 game assets, 40 c files of code. Thank you all for you help and comments.

beta download has been updated for those who want to do some last minute testing. Time to start making the wiibrew.org page for the game. seeya.

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I watched the video and it looks great - really sweet polishes - i was literally laughing out loud with the joy of how cool it is, not kidding - Er, if you're going to do a bug fix anyway ^^^^ could I just add a couple of observations you may want to consider? - I am Mr Downer- it's good - i'm just whiny!
There's deffo a music bug - in the video, the music - which is a great call btw - ends and is not replaced with a newtrack - when the user goes to the menu at the end - the music volume is down, but he hasn't changed the volume in the video - unless its an edit?
I'm a bit sensitive to these things but the click from an empty bomb is really scritchy on my ears - it's a bit fingernails on a blackboard. I realise its designed to inform you of you lack of bombs, perhaps even irritate a nag you've blown all your bombs, but could we have a 'pop' or something?
Final moan - I realise the red colour is hardcoded in - but they're both red - could you not edit a hex somewhere and have one blue or purple or not red?
Final thought - Obelisks are really phallic, i never realised how much.
I've been really tied up with that project but im looking forward to firing this up, and my thing too, to be fair, but definitely also this. It's great mate, beautiful piece of work.

Last edited by kaisersozeh,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I watched the video and it looks great - really sweet polishes - i was literally laughing out loud with the joy of how cool it is, not kidding - Er, if you're going to do a bug fix anyway ^^^^ could I just add a couple of observations you may want to consider? - I am Mr Downer- it's good - i'm just whiny!
There's deffo a music bug - in the video, the music - which is a great call btw - ends and is not replaced with a newtrack - when the user goes to the menu at the end - the music volume is down, but he hasn't changed the volume in the video - unless its an edit?
I'm a bit sensitive to these things but the click from an empty bomb is really scritchy on my ears - it's a bit fingernails on a blackboard. I realise its designed to inform you of you lack of bombs, perhaps even irritate a nag you've blown all your bombs, but could we have a 'pop' or something?
Final moan - I realise the red colour is hardcoded in - but they're both red - could you not edit a hex somewhere and have one blue or purple or not red?
Final thought - Obelisks are really phallic, i never realised how much.
I've been really tied up with that project but im looking forward to firing this up, and my thing too, to be fair, but definitely also this. It's great mate, beautiful piece of work.

whining can be a feature when debugging code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr