Hacking working Mortal Combat, Call of Duty 3 and others

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TITLE IS WRONG,,, COD3 DOES NOT WORK! SORRY

I looked through this forum and the wii hacking forum and didnt find anything about this.. Check it out!
I got this info from someone off of usbloader gx irc channel.

thomas83lin
thomas83lin said:
Take the Mortal Kombat.iso and using Wii Scrubber, I use Wiiscrubber 1.3 but any of the newer versions should work just fine.

Heres what the game looks like in wii scrubber
75599940.jpg

1. Now what you do is Right Click on MK7.dol and extract it to your Desktop and rename it Main.dol

2. Go back to your Wii Scrubber and Right Click on Main.dol in the data partition and Replace it with the Main.dol you just renamed on your Desktop

3.Copy Game back to the Usb Loader Hard Drive and Enjoy

Tested this myself game seems to be working prefectly

LIST SO FAR THAT DOES?DOESNT WORK

Mortal Kombat - Works - extract mk7.dol and rename it main.dol and replace main.dol

COD3 - Not working - YET

Redsteel - Not Working - YET

Medal oh Honor 2 - Not Working - YET

SSX Blur - Working - Extract ssx.dol and rename it main.dol and replace main.dol

Indiana Jones Staff - Works - Extract fateatlantis.dol and rename main.dol and replace.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice find.lol I posted that on another well know site, I guess info on the net gets around. But i dont think it works on Call of duty 3 which i may be wrong.

edit: Sorry i think i read your post wrong, did you get Call of duty 3 working using this.

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
Nice find.lol I posted that on another well know site, I guess info on the net gets around. But i dont think it works on Call of duty 3 which i may be wrong.
COD3 works fine for me,, read above how.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the COD3 fix and it didn't work for me - I must be doing something wrong?

I extract frontend.dol, rename it main.dol then right click on frontend.dol and replace it with main.dol - when done the file is still called frontend.dol and the game still freezes while loading the campaign..

I thought perhaps I was supposed to replace main.dol with the one from the desktop... that didn't work, either... it lets you get as far as loading the campaign then freezes.

Mortal Kombat works great, though!

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
I tried the COD3 fix and it didn't work for me - I must be doing something wrong?

I extract frontend.dol, rename it main.dol then right click on frontend.dol and replace it with main.dol - when done the file is still called frontend.dol and the game still freezes while loading the campaign..

I thought perhaps I was supposed to replace main.dol with the one from the desktop... that didn't work, either... it lets you get as far as loading the campaign then freezes.

Crap,, your right. Mutha%*#$(%.

First post edited

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very interesting find mr 'dude. Now, here is a question for you all, and maybe something to try as well. How about using this method with the patched jap version of Metroid Prime NPC. Dont have time to test this myself, as it is bedtime for me, but if anyone has some spare time, this would be awesome.

Something tells me that when I buy my shiny new copy of the Metroid Prime Trilogy, its not going to play nice with USB Loader, and thats a shame too. I love USB loader because when I go somewhere with my Wii, I dont have to drag all my discs with me. Also, its nice to have access to my Wii library without having to get up and change discs all the time.

Hopefully I wont have to drag a whole one disc around with me :}

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
BlindDude said:
dexter222 said:

First post edited

Are you not supposed to replace the main.dol in the iso?
This reads as if your replacing the frontend.dol and not the main.dol?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL I just tried this with indy and replaced the main.dol with the Fate of atlantis one - Game boots straight into Fate of atlantis game.......cool. Je reminds me of when I was a little nipper. Graphics are amazing
cool.gif

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jarock said:
BlindDude said:
dexter222 said:

First post edited

Are you not supposed to replace the main.dol in the iso?
This reads as if your replacing the frontend.dol and not the main.dol?

Yeah, I have my doubts that Call of Duty will work properly (it reloads the IOS in a really awkward place), but assuming this is a valid fix you should definitely be replacing the main.dol with one of the other .dol files.

MK crashes after the various intro screens, as it reloads the IOS to bring up the main menu. This fix, from reading the method in the first post, basically makes the game skip right to the main menu .dol (mk7), by renaming it main. Presumably, then, the game just reloads the right IOS from the beginning and doesn't try to reload.

I have SSX and Red Steel, and I'd be happy to test them whenever I get the chance (in the next day or two) if no one beats me to it. It seems like they'd have a better chance of working since if I remember right they reload the IOS really early on (before menus).

If it does work it's a nice fix. Really simple once you see it, lol.

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my specs:
wii 3.2e
cios 13b
tested via usbloader gx

ssx blur works fine after replacing main.dol with ssx.dol
metroid prime 1 works

it would be nice if you could edit your first post in an more organized way to keep up the list thanks
smile.gif

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mateyo said:
my specs:
wii 3.2e
cios 13b
tested via usbloader gx

metroid prime 1 works

it would be nice if you could edit your first post in an more organized way to keep up the list thanks
smile.gif

so wait you did it in reverse for ssx you replaced the main.dol with the ssx.dol?

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeoNight said:
mateyo said:
my specs:
wii 3.2e
cios 13b
tested via usbloader gx

metroid prime 1 works

smile.gif

so wait you did it in reverse for ssx you replaced the main.dol with the ssx.dol?

no, thats the same way the first poster did it. He replaced main.dol with mk7.dol

Kingherb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried this fix with Red Steel Pal and i get a black screen in latest Coverfloader Cios 36 Rev 10, i'll try some other loaders later but i don't think this fix works for it.

donni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi, lets make a list of working games with this method and the file we need!

Mortal Kombat works! tested!

someone get redstell to work? i testet with redsteel.dol but don't work. i can't find the .dol in the homebutton 2 part!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: