Hacking working Mortal Combat, Call of Duty 3 and others

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Switching around .dol files does not work on some titles as the .dol file maybe too big for the Partition, even if you resize the partion it won't work. Only other option is to extract the Partition, change the main.dol then rebuild it and import it to the ISO overwriting the old partition. I did try a few times but my builds seem to be bad even after using all correct .bin files etc.
Maybe someone could help tell me what I am doing wrong!

Nice work on the new NeoGamma, WiiPower your a star, also noticed GX current build has implemented the alternate .dol loading.
Let us hope The Conduit has same thing and does not bring anything new to the table next week
wink2.gif

puxxi2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
hello,

i have a problem with "mk armageddon"/pal (RKMP5D)
the game starts fine, when i change the .dol
the videos are runninng

but
wacko.gif

i see the menu greyed out, the only thing that i can choose is "moto armageddon"
mad.gif

thats a stupid race game like mariokart

i can load a profile, but that changes nothing

i hope someone could help me or must i download the ntsc-version

thanks
puxxi2003

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
puxxi2003 said:
hello,

i have a problem with "mk armageddon"/pal (RKMP5D)
the game starts fine, when i change the .dol
the videos are runninng

but
wacko.gif

i see the menu greyed out, the only thing that i can choose is "moto armageddon"
mad.gif

thats a stupid race game like mariokart

i can load a profile, but that changes nothing

i hope someone could help me or must i download the ntsc-version

thanks
puxxi2003

You need a Gamepad. Wiimote on it's own won't work this way. Only for the karting game.
Plug in your gamepad and boot it again it will be fine.

Also WiiPower replacing the .dol in this game and running as normal in Gamma works but running from alt .dol and leaving the main.dol alone does not work. Boots but freezes on loading screen.
PAL WII - NTSC Game

mojtaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird . I cant find ssx.dol in partiton 1 ! but there is one in partition 2 . and there is 2 boot.dol in partition 1 and 2 . boot.dol in partition 1 can't be replaced and boot.dol in partition 2 can be replaced but when I loaded it in wbfs it reads it 0.13 g instead of 1.xx g !!!

I appreciate it if someone uplaod his/her ssx.dol in partition 1 .
btw did you say after patch it I can't save ? if so i think it's very bad .

tnx ...

axledentaldj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm, the Metal Slug Anthology .dol fix with Wiiscrubber and USB Loader GX r531 works.
I tried it both ways and prefer the Alt Dol boot with USB Loader GX r531 method is better.

I did the same with Indiana Jones Staff of Kings and that works both ways too.

In Metal Slug Anthology, there are: main.dol, emu.dol, and m6.dol. Incase anyone needs to know.
Wondering if the emu.dol can be modded to run any other NEOGO/Playmore or Atomiswave games, since Metal Slug 6 is an Atomiswave (aka NAOMI) rom cart arcade game?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
axledentaldj said:
[...]
In Metal Slug Anthology, there are: main.dol, emu.dol, and m6.dol. Incase anyone needs to know.
Wondering if the emu.dol can be modded to run any other NEOGO/Playmore or Atomiswave games, since Metal Slug 6 is an Atomiswave (aka NAOMI) rom cart arcade game?

Which .dol do you need to load to be able to play the game?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experiences:

Madden 08 NTSC:
Works using alternate dol in USB Loader GX r533

SSX Blur NTSC:
Graphical Glitches using alternate dol in USB Loader GX r533 (polygons are all wrong on character - unplayable)
Replacing using WiiScrubber - works, but now the game is 4.14GB and not 1.04GB like it was before?
frown.gif

Sometimes fails to load (freezez on black screen) - I think this might happen when nunchuck plugged in but not sure

Boogie NTSC:
Fail using alternate dol in USB Loader GX r533 (black screen)
Haven't tried WiiScrubber method yet

Nutrition Matters PAL:
Second partition contains game.elf
frown.gif

Fail using alternate dol in USB Loader GX r533 (black screen) (Tried it as an elf and tried elf2dol)

Medal of Honor Heroes 2:
Works using alternate dol in USB Loader GX r533 (It did freeze on first mission in Arcade though - might have been a one off)

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
For me using UsbLoader GX Rev528 works for both House of the dead and Medal of Honor 2 using Alt-Dol method. However Medal of Honor Freezes randomly so i can't call it playable (at least on my experience). Off-topic: Is there a way to make Monster Hunter G (Japan) work? I tried Cios233Mload and Cios249Rev13a but i get stuck at the first screen with Japanese characters. Thanks in advance.

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wilsoff said:
Nutrition Matters PAL:
frown.gif

Fail using alternate dol in USB Loader GX r533 (black screen) (Tried it as an elf and tried elf2dol)

works without an alternate dol with 002 fix enabled

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mateyo said:
wilsoff said:
Nutrition Matters PAL:
frown.gif

Interesting would be if the game works with cIOS rev9 or 10 via the alternate .dol feature.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilsoff said:
My experiences:

SSX Blur NTSC:
Graphical Glitches using alternate dol in USB Loader GX r533 (polygons are all wrong on character - unplayable)
Replacing using WiiScrubber - works, but now the game is 4.14GB and not 1.04GB like it was before?
frown.gif

Sometimes fails to load (freezez on black screen) - I think this might happen when nunchuck plugged in but not sure

Weird... SSX Blur works great for me both ways.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mateyo said:
wilsoff said:
Nutrition Matters PAL:
frown.gif

Thanks for the info, it's working now. Went back to cIOSrev13a and enabled the 002 fix in USB Loader GX and everything is good.

On another note... I replaced the main.dol in the boogie iso, and in the ssx blur iso using WiiScrubber. But now the images are 4.14GB in WBFS, and they were 0.8GB and 1.04GB. Are there any settings I can change in WiiScrubber to avoid this? I've tried 1.31 and 1.4. Thanks.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
wilsoff said:
My experiences:

SSX Blur NTSC:
frown.gif

Weird... SSX Blur works great for me both ways.

I had the exact same experience with SSX Blur. Installed through USB Loader GX and through WBFS Manager. Both had the polygon issues... Replaced the dol using WiiScrubber and now it plays perfectly aside from the change in size.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mojtaba said:
It's weird . I cant find ssx.dol in partiton 1 ! but there is one in partition 2 . and there is 2 boot.dol in partition 1 and 2 . boot.dol in partition 1 can't be replaced and boot.dol in partition 2 can be replaced but when I loaded it in wbfs it reads it 0.13 g instead of 1.xx g !!!

I appreciate it if someone uplaod his/her ssx.dol in partition 1 .
btw did you say after patch it I can't save ? if so i think it's very bad .

tnx ...

First, you need to replace main.dol in partition 2, not boot.dol. Second, I have experienced no save issues with this method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol