Hacking Working game forwarder channel for vWii (with WiiGSC)

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
(post edited with a better method)
For those who are interested, I figured out how to use WiiGSC with vWii.
FIX94's Convert2vWii didn't work because it replace 00000001.app instead 00000002.app (Which is the nand loader in those wads)

I took FIX94's nand loader and added it as a new nand loader for WiiGSC.
So if you want to build wad, download the attached file, extract it in WiiGSC 1.06b folder (replace files if needed). Open WiiGSC, go to Configuration->Settings, choose vwii-base.wxd as nand loader, and Save Settings.
Now you can build WADs that are working on vWii (you can install them with WiiModLite for example).

I tested it only with WiiFlow.

Please beware of a possible banner brick (shouldn't happen since WiiGSC blacklist those games), but still, there is a risk.

Attachments

• WiiGSC-vWii.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,287
Last edited by EyeKey,

Robertuxo

Trophies
XP
Country
with this i can install the homebrew channel in vwii or homebrew how nintendont? (i cant install homebrew channel in vwii with exploits for a wii u error I dont understand what happen and I search alternatives)

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
I saw this today and tested it.

But it doesn't work for me, neither with cfg USBL-Mod (v70 r78.11) nor with Wiiflow Lite.

When clicking "Start" I just a get black screen and the Wiimote+ disconnects...when I tried it with wiiflow I see the wiiflow animation but then a black screend and Wiimote+ disconnection

PeterBravestrong

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't been able to get this to work either. WiiGSC lets you test the forwarder over the network and the game loads that way. When the forwarder is installed on the Wii U the console just freezes when you try to launch the game. I'd really like to get this working but I can't find a solution anywhere online.

Reactions: M tha MaN

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I saw this today and tested it.

But it doesn't work for me, neither with cfg USBL-Mod (v70 r78.11) nor with Wiiflow Lite.

When clicking "Start" I just a get black screen and the Wiimote+ disconnects...when I tried it with wiiflow I see the wiiflow animation but then a black screend and Wiimote+ disconnection

I haven't been able to get this to work either. WiiGSC lets you test the forwarder over the network and the game loads that way. When the forwarder is installed on the Wii U the console just freezes when you try to launch the game. I'd really like to get this working but I can't find a solution anywhere online.

same here.

Would be great if @EyeKey or @FIX94 would/could find a solution.

Sorry guys I don't really remember what I did back than. I tried to give a quick look. If I would have to guess, my first method was to create WAD the regular way (with the default nand loader) and than to use modified Convert2vWii.
If someone want to try this, modify conert2vWii by renaming 00000001.app to 00000002.app and replacing 00000001.app with 00000002.app inside Convert2vWii.bat (should appear twice).
Try to give it a shot.

Kngihtstorm15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry guys I don't really remember what I did back than. I tried to give a quick look. If I would have to guess, my first method was to create WAD the regular way (with the default nand loader) and than to use modified Convert2vWii.
If someone want to try this, modify conert2vWii by renaming 00000001.app to 00000002.app and replacing 00000001.app with 00000002.app inside Convert2vWii.bat (should appear twice).
Try to give it a shot.

Hello EyeKey,

I know it's been a long time since you wrote this post. If I summarize well, To create the wad, you say that you have to create it with the default nand loader (I think it's Wii GSC) to use it with Convert2vWII. Ok, To create the Convert2vWii, you have to rename 00000001.app by 00000002.app then replace 00000001.app by 00000002.app inside Convert2vWii.bat.

What I do not understand is where do we find the 00000002.app to use it inside Convert2vWii.bat? Is it the same as the one we renamed (00000002.app) before that must be used ?

Thanks for your reading and please respond to my message.

Last edited by Kngihtstorm15,

EyeKey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello EyeKey,

I know it's been a long time since you wrote this post. If I summarize well, To create the wad, you say that you have to create it with the default nand loader (I think it's Wii GSC) to use it with Convert2vWII. Ok, To create the Convert2vWii, you have to rename 00000001.app by 00000002.app then replace 00000001.app by 00000002.app inside Convert2vWii.bat.

What I do not understand is where do we find the 00000002.app to use it inside Convert2vWii.bat? Is it the same as the one we renamed (00000002.app) before that must be used ?

Thanks for your reading and please respond to my message.
Beside what I already wrote you in private, I think that I am still missing something. I will check the files on my old PC when I will have an access to it and report back. If someone want to help me to find the solution please contact me in private and we will figure it out. I have working forwarders on my old PC.

Mafisss1

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
(post edited with a better method)
For those who are interested, I figured out how to use WiiGSC with vWii.
FIX94's Convert2vWii didn't work because it replace 00000001.app instead 00000002.app (Which is the nand loader in those wads)

I took FIX94's nand loader and added it as a new nand loader for WiiGSC.
So if you want to build wad, download the attached file, extract it in WiiGSC 1.06b folder (replace files if needed). Open WiiGSC, go to Configuration->Settings, choose vwii-base.wxd as nand loader, and Save Settings.
Now you can build WADs that are working on vWii (you can install them with WiiModLite for example).

I tested it only with WiiFlow.

Please beware of a possible banner brick (shouldn't happen since WiiGSC blacklist those games), but still, there is a risk.
hi! i tried your method, i installed the channel under wiiflow, and then when i opened it it showed the wiiflow loading screen, and then there was an "ERRGAME 1" is there any fix?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 191

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...