• Does't matter! Sticky this post!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lassic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can 100% confirm that OpenDNS was blocking most USB Helper downloads. Using default settings eliminated the issue. In fact, I changed the DNS settings on the modem / router several times, but completely forgot that I was using OpenDNS in the Windows setup.
My VPN software probably forced the system to use a different DNS, so it also helped.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys!

It has been a while since I've been away (Sorry about that) it was nice to see Developer drop by and leave his comment about the RAT concern. Anyways, I'm seeing a trend with a couple questions:

FAQ 1 - USB Helper is not Installing/Connecting to the Internet? Well this is not an easy fix. Each PC has a different setup, whether that is your Firewall, Router Security, Internet Provider or Admin Permissions. I recommend downloading the Alternative Package I included, Disabling Router Firewall Settings, Messing around in your PCs Firewall settings and pinpointing your loss of packets. Unfortunately, this is probably 100% a PC problem and not a USB Helper problem. Also, YOU NEED TO RUN the Installer and USB Helper AS ADMIN.

FAQ 2 - How do I transfer to Wii U/Do you use SD Card? USB Helper should guide you through getting your SD setup. I have not used a USB and I recommend you stick with a 64GB SD card. After the games have been placed in the sd:/install folder (Whether that's a USB Helper Title or MoonTecon vWii Injected Title) you need to put that in your WiiU and start Haxchi. Then Load CFW Mocha (Just start getting in that Habit). After Mocha loads, open Haxchi and choose your WUP Installer Mod Y. Highlight your titles and Install them to your USB Drive (You should have an External USB Drive) or Install them to your system. If you wish to play the game, just load into Mocha first to alleviate any issues.

FAQ 3 - Installing just DLC/Updates? Yes, you can do that! Just look into the additional options on the Right hand of the USB Helper installer after clicking on a title. To install, it does the same thing, I personally would just make sure the main game title is installed first.

This might be a dumb question but why do I have to load Mocha first? All of my games seem to play just fine immediately after turning on my WiiU. It does some funky stuff with the DS game hack or whatever but what's the point in loading Mocha first exactly?

dcx6723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a dumb question but why do I have to load Mocha first? All of my games seem to play just fine immediately after turning on my WiiU. It does some funky stuff with the DS game hack or whatever but what's the point in loading Mocha first exactly?
It's mostly required if you play some N64/VC titles but games are fine.

Reactions: Hammyface

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This worked great for a while, since now downloads do not start, anyone else got this issue? If no, I know I have to fiddle with my firewall and all that, but might be just a temporary thing, hence my asking.

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
This still works. I uninstalled and then reinstalled to get the latest Usb Helper Launcher. Run setup again and point the app to the existing download directory to display all my previously downloaded games.

In future is there a way to update USB Helper Launcher without having to reinstall and download the program again? Every time the app reports there is a new version of USB Helper Launcher on startup? Currently version 0.17c

Last edited by g12345567,

WhosThisGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works just fine. These game files are so big that I have to do them in batches. Wasn’t paying attention to the sizes at first and quickly “crashed” (probably wrong term) my computer. Filled 500G in two hours. Started over and currently have over 200 working titles on my wiiU. Working on dlc now.

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello every one,

I downloaded some backups but they do not appeared in Cemu. those backups are in weird structure (for example : there is a title.tik inside the folder : no .prx file), what should I do with to be playable within Cemu ?

Thanks

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello every one,

I downloaded some backups but they do not appeared in Cemu. those backups are in weird structure (for example : there is a title.tik inside the folder : no .prx file), what should I do with to be playable within Cemu ?

Thanks
This thread is about real hardware

UAT44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i really need help, USB helper was working for me yesterday. I go to download today and the download does not start and in a few seconds tells me my download is done. Nothing has been downloaded at all. I have tried every fix, is there something I don't know or a way to fix this issue?

Reactions: JamesDees28

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so i really need help, USB helper was working for me yesterday. I go to download today and the download does not start and in a few seconds tells me my download is done. Nothing has been downloaded at all. I have tried every fix, is there something I don't know or a way to fix this issue?

Hello,

Try to launch it in "administrator" mode, or uninstall it and reinstall it correctly.

Reactions: Alexander1970

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, so I blew up my Wii U drive that had everything from USB Helper on it, was stupid and plugged by laptop charger into my external hard drive.

Can someone tell me the size drive needed for all the Wii U titles? Will a 4TB cover it or do I need something larger?

JamesDees28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I can’t seem to get my game to download it just says ETA acquiring data when you add to download..
Also it pops up at the bottom that the download is done after 2 seconds of starting download!

And then says something like “checking integrity of files etc” bellow
Any ideas please guys? Any reply would be much appreciated thank you

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You need to extract the game once you've downloaded it - WUUHelper downloads files installable with WUP Installer; you need the format they get converted to when installed (also used by Loadiine and Cemu). There should be an option somewhere in WUUHelper to do this.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there I can’t seem to get my game to download it just says ETA acquiring data when you add to download..
Also it pops up at the bottom that the download is done after 2 seconds of starting download!

And then says something like “checking integrity of files etc” bellow
Any ideas please guys? Any reply would be much appreciated thank you

Sounds to me like you have some partially downloaded files, that's why you're getting "checking integrity of files etc".

I suggest you either delete the files from the sub-directory and re-download them or just let the checking finish. Depending on which file or files and their size they could take a bit to check.

Just add one or two games and select YES for any update file or DLC file if asked, then click the start downloading file along the bottom flashing in green. You should get a status graph showing the estimated times. If not look to the top right where written sideways in orange it says download manager and the status graph will open up for you. If all goes well with the download you can add more files and continue, but I usually limit my download que to no more then 200GB at a time as to not overload the download manager.

You might add the USB Helper exe and subdirectories to your anti-virus as an exception if it does not look to be downloading. Another issue could be that you don't have enough space on your hard drive to download the files to, make sure you have enough room.

Last edited by ca032769,
Reactions: jeannotte

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, so I blew up my Wii U drive that had everything from USB Helper on it, was stupid and plugged by laptop charger into my external hard drive.

Can someone tell me the size drive needed for all the Wii U titles? Will a 4TB cover it or do I need something larger?

After about a weeks worth of (from time to time here and there) downloading and to answer my own question incase it's helpful to anyone else, looks like all of the 1,115 displayed & available US Wii U titles including the injections take up a little under 1.5TB.

This does not count the 20 titles that show up with 0.000 KB and thus can not be downloaded, but it does include their Update or DLC if available, however just the latest update available not all of them listed.

This is of course to a standard hard drive used for storage and not a Wii U formatted drive. I'll use a different drive formatted by the Wii U as an actual working drive, probably a Western Digital Passport with a Y Cable, keeping the above mentioned as a backup.

Last edited by ca032769,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night