Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Working DLDI patch for EZ-V created!

Increases homebrew compatibility

cory1492 has created a working DLDI patch for the EZ-Flash V that you can apply to homebrew projects that require FAT access to make them work correctly. For example the recently released beta of DSOrganize.

cory1492 said:
Here is a patched kernel so that it uses "####" to detect homebrew instead of "PASS" (works with DSOrganize 1.41b).
Before anyone asks, patch the .nds version of DSOrganize with Chishm's DLDI tool using the DLDI I made, update your kernel with the one I patched and it works great.

For those that don't know chishm's DLDI (Dynamically Linked Device Interface) project is a brilliant way to make sure homebrew that used to be compiled for only certain flashcarts can now work on every flashcart that has a DLDI patch available. You just apply the DLDI patch for your specific flashcart to the homebrew app or game of your choice (as long as the homebrew has DLDI support).

download.gif
EZ-V DLDI patch

download.gif
EZ-V Unofficial Kernal Patch

Source

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
DLDI is great, and it's great to see many homebrewers pick it up. Heck, even DragonMinded picked up DSOrganize again, though that has probably nothing to do with DLDI
tongue.gif
Still, thanks to DLDI and DragonMinded using it, DSOrganize finally works properly on my SC Lite Rumble.
smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Great work by cory1492
smile.gif

I hope the EZ-Team accommodates his change to the loader and it makes it into the next official update.

Good news that this comes out now, as I'm writing the GBAtemp.net EZ-V review
wink.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why cant the kernal check for both #### or PASS, i see no reason why it couldnt check for either
It should actually be checking for the same thing that ndstool does when it says "homebrew" wrather than using a gamecode... at least then it would also leave them the option to differentiate srl and other multiboots for future implementation along with the standard that has been in place in all homebrew all along. They must have been thinking about ds.gba and the PASS gba gamecode (and confusion ensued?). If the complete kernel source had been there it wouldn't have been a hexedit
wink.gif

Thanks for mirroring and the post here Opium, it is appreciated
smile.gif

A quick tool that patches homebrew to work with the default EZV kernel:
DLDIFixV_v1.zip
-Changes the gamecode to "PASS"
-fixes header crc
-attempts to find DLDI section, if found patches it to EZV
Drag and drop .nds homebrew onto the .exe, make a backup though if you don't trust easily as it will write the file in place wrather than make a new file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: