Hacking Working clearlooks skin for the 2013 EZ-Flash IV

MartinAugustsson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys! I'm an owner of the 2013 EZ-Flash IV. I really want to change my skin to the clearlooks one, including the font on the firmware that has the NOR fix.
I've tried using this ezfla_up.bin
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...ion-premade-loaders-ez42013norfix-f32647.html

But it's not transparent, just pink. The font is not getting flashed. The transparent issues is not that of a big deal, since I can color them like the background.
LgC7CFSl.jpg

But I really want to flash the hideous font to what it looks like in this picture
JPx4n.png

I've read that FAST6191 said that the font location has changed.
Does anyone have a solution or a working ezfla_up.bin that will work for the 2013 version?

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the clearskin was the reason for giving me freezing problems with my flashcard iv but I just downloaded that one in the link below and its working okay but think I have a contact issue with my cartridge because its a bit loose and I sometimes have to clip it back together on the right hand side of the cartridge and when playing games it might freeze randomly allthough weirdly happens more often and faster with some particular games.

MartinAugustsson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try downloading the version from the original forum post
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17257

The one you have is actually an outdated version

The problem with that one is that I can not write games to the NOR. It does not have the 2013 kernel.

But is there a way to "extract" or export all the files in the 2013 kernel? If I could get the location for the font I would be able to do this myself

MartinAugustsson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
here is the link for the updated clearlooks skin (v5) that the same guy made
download link is in post
http://ezflash4.tumblr.com/
make sure to use the 1.74 version as the 1.72RESET version is for the older model

IT'S WORKING PERFECTLY! I can't thank you enough man! This was absolutely the ONLY thing I needed to make my flash card perfect. :yaysp: Much love to you! :lol:

Fish17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update the 1.75 firmware with clearskin but failed:( can someone please create a 1.75 version of the ezfla_up.bin with clear skin?

I created a bin with the custom pack downloaded via EZflash.cn but it keeps locking up at 45% when I try to flash to the cart. When I compiled the bin I got 2 errors 1 for EZPDA1.0.txt and one for tmp.htm.

I wonder if it's an error in the Custom pack. I also had to add 2 additional bmps to the skin folder Larrow and Rarrow.bmp. They are slightly larger arrows 14 x 14 pixels in addition to the 12x12 pixels of arrowL and arrowR.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to update the 1.75 firmware with clearskin but failed:( can someone please create a 1.75 version of the ezfla_up.bin with clear skin?

I created a bin with the custom pack downloaded via EZflash.cn but it keeps locking up at 45% when I try to flash to the cart. When I compiled the bin I got 2 errors 1 for EZPDA1.0.txt and one for tmp.htm.

I wonder if it's an error in the Custom pack. I also had to add 2 additional bmps to the skin folder Larrow and Rarrow.bmp. They are slightly larger arrows 14 x 14 pixels in addition to the 12x12 pixels of arrowL and arrowR.

It is more likely that the skin making tools want the DS side of the loader which 1.75 removed to be there. We saw similar similar things with the nonds versions of the loader that modulo made (the same guy that made the reset loader many favoured using).

Now you can probably slice it apart as I seem to recall the loader is GBFS based ( http://pineight.com/gba/#gbfs )

Fish17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not use any skin making tools. I just downloaded the last version of clearlooks replaced the bmp files in the Custom Pack and recompiled the bin file. But it hangs up during install I think do 2 the error I referenced above. But I know the kernel bin file works fine just can't uncompile and add the skin.

I don't know how to use GFBS to slice the working bin apart. I'll try to figure it out but I don't know much about code.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"and recompiled the bin file"

What did you use to pull that off? Most people would have used the skin making tools (be it cory1492's stuff or the later frontend that cracker made) to do it, however it is still possible to go back to basics and do it that way.

The GBFS stuff was appended if memory serves so you would have first had to find that blob and then use whatever tools needed using.

Fish17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded the Custom Pack from Ezflash.cn. Overwrote the bmp files is he a custom pack with the clearskin files and compiled the bin using EZPDAbuilder which was included with the Custom Pack on ezflash.cn.

I did not using any skin making tools.

I think the problem is in the Custom Pack the files that errored during compiling were no related to the skin.

Fish17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when I compile the Custom Pack from EZFlash.en site with EZPDABUILDER without any changes it hangs up at 45%.

So it's either the Custom Pack files or EZPDABUILDER.

Is there another program that can compile a custom bin?

Fish17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried EZSkin cory1492's program. Its not compatible with the new 1.75 kernel. I get an error opening the bin file with the program.

Sounds like I'm stuck with the original skin :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol