Hacking Working Bailkal Linux Kernels for PS4pros on 6.72 and distros

Miky289

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all I have not received an answer I would like more information on how to install Linux on internal hdd, I suppose you have to extract the eap key before you can do the installation wrong? I have a ps4 SLIM 2016A firmware 6.72, I created the folders entered all I boot the internal loader, but when I give the command fdisk -l it does not see anything, now I wonder what can I do? Thanks in advance

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I created the folders entered all I boot the internal loader, but when I give the command fdisk -l it does not see anything, now I wonder what can I do? Thanks in advance

Try specifying a device, like "fdisc -l /dev/sdsomething", that command only lists a disc partition table...

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would guess on the PS4 the command should be "fdisk -l /dev/sda" assuming the internal disk is connected to the first SATA port.

BTW this was streamed yesterday, maybe it could came useful...

Miky289

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would guess on the PS4 the command should be "fdisk -l /dev/sda" assuming the internal disk is connected to the first SATA port.

BTW this was streamed yesterday, maybe it could came useful...

Thanks for the answer at the end I was able to see the partitions and everything else the problem is to install the system on the internal hdd the commands are wrong I have a guide that says to put the files in the boot folder and the install l-hdd file. sh in the usb disk in fat 32 then says to write these commands
- mkdir USB
- mount / dev / sdb1 / usb
- /usb/install-hdd.sh
These are the commands but I stop on mount because I can't go on the problem according to me something is missing in the mount command then I don't understand I still don't understand how the command mounts the partition inside the usb folder? Can anyone help me better? Ps I saw the video but I don't understand it well

valandys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello can someone help, i install linux in 7.02 and after 10 min i have not wifi on ps4 like hardware proplem, if i try to restore ps4 fix this problem or dns or somthing.Thanks.

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello can someone help, i install linux in 7.02 and after 10 min i have not wifi on ps4 like hardware proplem, if i try to restore ps4 fix this problem or dns or somthing.Thanks.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-permanent-wifi-in-linux-catjaro-fedora-32.581116/

Hi all I have not received an answer I would like more information on how to install Linux on internal hdd, I suppose you have to extract the eap key before you can do the installation wrong? I have a ps4 SLIM 2016A firmware 6.72, I created the folders entered all I boot the internal loader, but when I give the command fdisk -l it does not see anything, now I wonder what can I do? Thanks in advance

Currently, only some versions of the PS4 are compatible with internal storage PS4 Linux.

Last edited by bbqtool,

Miky289

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-permanent-wifi-in-linux-catjaro-fedora-32.581116/

Currently, only some versions of the PS4 are compatible with internal storage PS4 Linux.

Hi thanks for the answer at the end I understood where the problem was was in the files that I put in the internal boot folder, I changed the files and in the end I was able to see the partitions but not being an expert I do not know the commands to enter, maybe doing the procedure correct I would see if it works or not

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi thanks for the answer at the end I understood where the problem was was in the files that I put in the internal boot folder, I changed the files and in the end I was able to see the partitions but not being an expert I do not know the commands to enter, maybe doing the procedure correct I would see if it works or not

This might help.

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/inst...-ps4-hard-drive-hdd-5-05-loader-payload.6800/

It's for 5.05 so the files will be different, but the ideas are (probably) mostly the same. I don't have it installed on my internal drive because my model doesn't support it, but try:

1. Run the internal HDD Linux boot payload for 6.72
Wait for terminal to load

2. To install:
install-hdd.sh

if that doesn't work try:

exec install-psxitarch.sh

3. Once it has installed:
start-psxitarch.sh

or

exec start-psxitarch.sh

For me, USB is better anyway because you can easily make an .img file to make a backup after you have it working how you want then if you break something and need to reinstall, just write it back to your USB storage. I would play around with USB Linux first so you know what works and what will break your Linux install for PS4. It's a bit more limited than running it on a PC. Unless someone who knows better says otherwise, it sounds like the internal hdd install is a lot harder to recover.

Last edited by bbqtool,

Miky289

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you so much I'll try this too, but in my opinion there is something to do with criptmount I believe, I have a text guide for 7.02 and it is different from 5.05, it says to put everything in the boot tray and the install-hdd.sh file on a pendrive, I tried to run it but I stop on the mount point and I think there is some more command to run, I will try to do like 5.05 even if it seems difficult for me to work

BioHaZarK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi every one, I'm a little bit lost with this PS4 Linux, and I cannot manage to install it on my PS4 Pro (from external drive) resulting black screen

From I understand (correct me if I misunderstood) there are 2 methods/kind of linux installation:

1) psxitarch based (i.e. ITm-Fedora32-Tron-edition.tar.gz) installation :
a/ put these 3 files on the root of a Fat32 (not exFat) formated drive : image renamed to psxitarch.tar.xz, kernel renamed to bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz (???)
b/ loading the payload from psxita.it/linux-loader and PS4 reboot
c/ type "exec install-psxitarch.sh"

2) Gentoo linux (i.e. ps4gentoo01-2020.img) installation :
a/ create bootable disc with Rufus/balenaEtcher
b/ mount 200Mo partition and replace the kernel (bzImage) unmount
c/ loading the payload from 7.02 exploit host (i.e. hakkuraifu.github.io ) OR load PS4-Linux-Loader_normalEDID.bin payload thx to "PS4 Payload injector" and the previous repo (port 9021)

I failed to 1b (payload didn't load with psxita host, the hakkyraifu one gave me blackscreen) and 2c (black screen with "no signal" message from my TV...)

AFAIK I have a Baikal kernel, and I need a different kernel than PHAT/SLIM PS4.
I tried these two methods with differents kernels (sized : 7 471 664 bytes, 7 500 336 bytes, 6 571 056 bytes)

What did I wrong !?

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi every one, I'm a little bit lost with this PS4 Linux, and I cannot manage to install it on my PS4 Pro (from external drive) resulting black screen

From I understand (correct me if I misunderstood) there are 2 methods/kind of linux installation:

1) psxitarch based (i.e. ITm-Fedora32-Tron-edition.tar.gz) installation :
a/ put these 3 files on the root of a Fat32 (not exFat) formated drive : image renamed to psxitarch.tar.xz, kernel renamed to bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz (???)
b/ loading the payload from psxita.it/linux-loader and PS4 reboot
c/ type "exec install-psxitarch.sh"

2) Gentoo linux (i.e. ps4gentoo01-2020.img) installation :
a/ create bootable disc with Rufus/balenaEtcher
b/ mount 200Mo partition and replace the kernel (bzImage) unmount
c/ loading the payload from 7.02 exploit host (i.e. hakkuraifu.github.io ) OR load PS4-Linux-Loader_normalEDID.bin payload thx to "PS4 Payload injector" and the previous repo (port 9021)

I failed to 1b (payload didn't load with psxita host, the hakkyraifu one gave me blackscreen) and 2c (black screen with "no signal" message from my TV...)

AFAIK I have a Baikal kernel, and I need a different kernel than PHAT/SLIM PS4.
I tried these two methods with differents kernels (sized : 7 471 664 bytes, 7 500 336 bytes, 6 571 056 bytes)

What did I wrong !?

When you get black screen, does it stay on? What colour?

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Black screen of my TV, no source signal, and the color is...black.
I have to force shutdown the ps with physical button.

Sorry, bad post. I meant the colour of the LED on the PS4. If it is successful, the LED will change to a blue/purple colour. If it stays white and you get no signal on the TV, you gotta unplug your PS4 and try again. If the PS4 just turns off and you can still turn on your PS4 but you're best off just unplugging and starting again anyway. I use a wifi powerboard connected to my Google Home which cuts the power when I want it to without being near the power outlet. If I shut down my PS4 properly, either from Linux or Orbis then unplug it from the powerboard via wifi and plug it back in again, I get 0 kernal panics. (This is on 6.72 by the way so they happen a lot, especially booting into Linux) Not sure if 7.02+ is like that for Linux.

From the sounds of it, it could be for a few reasons. Here are the checks I would do.

Make sure on your PS4 it's set to display at 1080p with all the graphics options set to minimum in the system settings. If they already are, that's good.

You might also be using the wrong combination of bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz

https://1fichier.com/?j0dg6ehiye4jeonwl7g9

This is what I use with my PS4 Pro. For some reason, the combination is a bit finnicky. Use these with your version of psxitarch.tar.xz on the root of your fat32 drive.

If it's not that, try using different payloads even if you think you are using the right one. I use what's on https://darkmoddervc.github.io/PS4JB but people are reporting different success and failures with different models.

Let me know if this works.

Last edited by bbqtool,

BioHaZarK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, I'm triying to yse your files with the host you gave me.
I cannot manage to start the linux payload with this one, after the exploit gave me a success I get the payload list, I select Linux loader then hit the "run selected payloads" button and I get an insufficent memory message, after some try I get back to the payload list menu.

Just to be sure, did you put bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz on the first partition (that's a 200 Mo fat32 partition) of the drive prepared before with balenaEtcher or you put this on a whole formated fat32 drive in addition with the psxitarch.tar.xz image file ??

EDIT : to fully answer you, running the linux payload from night-king and hakkuraifu hosts makes me a black screen, PS4 LED stays white, removing the drive (from right hand slot) at this moment makes shutting down the LED, but I have to (short) press power button to fully shutdown the ps. In graphics settings, I disabled HDCP, HDMI CEC, HDR and fixed the resolution to 1080p

Last edited by BioHaZarK,

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, I'm triying to yse your files with the host you gave me.
I cannot manage to start the linux payload with this one, after the exploit gave me a success I get the payload list, I select Linux loader then hit the "run selected payloads" button and I get an insufficent memory message, after some try I get back to the payload list menu.

Just to be sure, did you put bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz on the first partition (that's a 200 Mo fat32 partition) of the drive prepared before with balenaEtcher or you put this on a whole formated fat32 drive in addition with the psxitarch.tar.xz image file ??

EDIT : to fully answer you, running the linux payload from night-king and hakkuraifu hosts makes me a black screen, PS4 LED stays white, removing the drive (from right hand slot) at this moment makes shutting down the LED, but I have to (short) press power button to fully shutdown the ps. In graphics settings, I disabled HDCP, HDMI CEC, HDR and fixed the resolution to 1080p

Yeah, you don't make partitions. Just the whole drive formatted to fat32, no other files or folders on there. You put bzImage initramfs.cpio.gz and psxitarch.tar.xz on the root of the drive. The install will make the partitions for you.

BioHaZarK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, you don't make partitions. Just the whole drive formatted to fat32, no other files or folders on there. You put bzImage initramfs.cpio.gz and psxitarch.tar.xz on the root of the drive. The install will make the partitions for you.

On my PS4 PRO CEH-7116b :

Put bzImage (7 325 Ko), initramfs.cpio.gz (3 986 Ko) you gave me and psxitarch.tar.xz (psxitarch V2) on the root of a FAT32 drive
Plugged into right hand usb port (well reconized), plugged a keyboard on left hand usb port
Disabled HDCP, HDR and HDMI link, set to 1080p
Loaded the Linux 1GB Payload from hakkuraifu (darkmodervc gave me low memory error)
Unplugged/reppluged the end of the paylolad loading to wake up the drive
Rebooted and got a black screen / white LED
Restarted TV, try an other TV didn't help

What did I forgot or poorly made ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple