Hacking Working Acekard 2i on DSi 1.4 but

caredbl84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys,

I am new to this forum and I want to thank you for at least reading this to try and help me. here is my problem:

I have a working Acekard 2i running on a DSi 1.4u which I got to work after I did the update to the Acekard 2i firmware using a DS lite because I had accidentally updated to 1.4u on my DSi before I got my Acekard 2i...

now I am trying to update my Acekard 2i to use the AKAIO 1.5 loader on a DSi 1.4u to play Zelda but the problem is that I dont know if its safe to just follow the instructions in this website http://www.acekard.com/news.php#73 when i click on the download link to get the files.

is there a firmware update for the Acekard 2i I have to do again with a DS lite which I dont have and cannot get now?
do I just have to update the AKAIO loader to 1.5 and will it work on my DSi 1.4??? can you please help me guys?

Like i said, my Acekard 2i is perfectly working on my DSi 1.4u now and I dont want it to stop working... can you help me and tell me how to update to the latest AKAIO 1.5 using a working acekard 2i on a DSi 1.4u??

thanks and cheers!

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
man, you are a little confused...
so... AKAIO doesnt depend on your DSi FW... FLASHCARD (ak2.i) does! So if your card is working with oficial acekard OS, on your DSi with FW 1.4, there is no reason to be afraid of NON WORKING WITH AKAIO...

AKAIO is a better OS than oficial ACEKARD.

Backup your nds files, sav files on card, then format your microSD card (many people recomended panasonic formater), and copy there AKAIO files...

On the site of akaio loaders http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/index.html donload the AK2/AK2i loaders and copy them to __aio/loaders on your microSD and DONE...

YOUR FIX WILL BE STILL THERE, BECAUSE IT IS CONTAINED IN YOUR FLASHCARD (ACEKARD) - NOT ON YOUR MICROSD :D

caredbl84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so basically you are saying that if I delete all the files from my micro Sd card and then put in the AKAIO files for version 1.5, it will be working again? then what was the Acekard 2i update for? I mean... i thought the update was kept in the micro SD card... so then i can delete everything and then put it in the micro sd card again with the latest AKAIO 1.5 and i will still be able to play?

can you explain to me what was the DSlite needed for when I had to update the acekard 2i to be able to run in DSi FIRM 1.4u???

there is no relationship between the Acekard 2i and the micro sd.... thats odd

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
There are many diferences between FW and OS... Flashcards has a small chip with somekind of BIOS=flashcard FW, which need to be updated to work on DSi 1.4. So it doesnt matter if you use microSD with any OS-like software...

GUY DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MICROSD AND FLASHCARD? :D

And the explanation - DSi with FW 1.4 CANT SEE ANY FLASHCARDS. You can update flashcard FW on DSi with FW 1.3 (or lower) and DS Lite, which can see all flashcards :D So it is impossible to fix the card with DSi 1.4 - and thats why you need lower FW or DS Lite...

MicroSD is like a HDD in PC. Contains files, but if you change Operation System (OS) from Windows to Linux, there is still the same BIOS (software on motherboard which comunicates with all items in PC and allows PC to work)... And if the BIOS get trouble - you need to update his FW, which still stands in motherboard - not on HDD -- So imagine that the flashcard is MOTHERBOARD and microSD is HDD...

EDIT: AKAIO 1.5 is latest version of AKAIO SYSTEM - ACEKARD SYSTEM HAS version 4.18...
THE REASON THAT ACEKARD ON THEIR SITE WRITE TO UPDATE AKAIO is -> AKAIO GOT NEW LOADERS...

caredbl84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks so i can then save all the files in my micro sd and reformat it, then put the updated Akaio files in there and then it will be able to run Zelda Spirit Tracks because it has the ability to do it right? Akaio Ver 1.5

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:
There are many diferences between FW and OS... Flashcards has a small chip with somekind of BIOS=flashcard FW, which need to be updated to work on DSi 1.4. So it doesnt matter if you use microSD with any OS-like software...

GUY DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MICROSD AND FLASHCARD? :D

And the explanation - DSi with FW 1.4 CANT SEE ANY FLASHCARDS. You can update flashcard FW on DSi with FW 1.3 (or lower) and DS Lite, which can see all flashcards :D So it is impossible to fix the card with DSi 1.4 - and thats why you need lower FW or DS Lite...

MicroSD is like a HDD in PC. Contains files, but if you change Operation System (OS) from Windows to Linux, there is still the same BIOS (software on motherboard which comunicates with all items in PC and allows PC to work)... And if the BIOS get trouble - you need to update his FW, which still stands in motherboard - not on HDD -- So imagine that the flashcard is MOTHERBOARD and microSD is HDD...

EDIT: AKAIO 1.5 is latest version of AKAIO SYSTEM - ACEKARD SYSTEM HAS version 4.18...
THE REASON THAT ACEKARD ON THEIR SITE WRITE TO UPDATE AKAIO is -> AKAIO GOT NEW LOADERS...

you can update Ak2i cards on a 1.4 DSi just put the updating fw file in it and put a real game in the dsi boot it remove it with the dsi on and put the ak2i with no Msd and pop the msd in and it updates.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it best when installing updates to start with a freshly formatted microSD card, prevents corruption on the micorSD card. How many times have I updated moonshell only to get corrupted app that doesn't work. So now whenever updating firmwares and apps I copy, all the stuff I want to keep, to my computer and reformat my microSD card then reinstall all that I copied. More than once I found corrupted roms on the microSD while doing this.

pliu48

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem

I have V 1.4 and there are no updates to get my acekard to work
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
. I don't have a DSL either. I tried everything, but all of them need a DSL or version 1.3. Somebody please help me, I really want to play my acekard.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't you borrow a friends NDSL for a few minutes? takes about 1 minute to update... Or as someone said a while ago... Go to a store and see if you can test a NDSL for a while since you may want one. When they are not looking put your acekard in and start the update...
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: just found out theres osu for nintendo ds