Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Created a new guide, check new topic. Any further questions about the guide go there.

Thank you.

Ama®ok

New Topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183064

Old post below

Do not update your wii to 4.2 unless you really want to!!!! If you haven't update with the hackmii installer the update will completely erase all your homebrew software and does not add any extra features to your wii besides fcking it up!!

If you ARE going to update to 4.2, please use the hackmii 0.5 installer first to update all components! HBC,DVDX,Bootmii boot2 AND TO INSTALL Bootmii IOS!!!

DO NOT USE METHODS IN OTHER POSTS THAN THE FIRST POST (THIS POST) IN THIS TOPIC !!!!

THE OTHER POSTS WERE EXPERIMENTS AND CAN/WILL BRICK YOUR WII!!!

Since I got tired of reading all pages (and probably tons of other ppl) I decided to make a checklist for 4.2 and what has been/what has to be done to run a fully modded Wii with 4.2 firmware.

Disclaimer: If you brick your Wii by doing something stupid or by not following instructions it is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible for this!

I now present you the: OHNOES !! I FCKING UPDATED MY WII TO 4.2 FIX!!!

So you updated your wii to Firmware 4.2 using nintendo updater?
This is what to do:
Current Wii Firmware Version 4.2:[*]Run Indiana Pwns hack or run SmashStack Exploit[*]Run Hackmii 0.5 Installer and Install HBC,DVDX,Bootmii boot2 AND BOOTMII IOS[*]Download IOS249 with NUS Downloader (00000001000000f9 v65280 to download the IOS249 from NUS
wink.gif
) - thanks to kovani

To get the full database for NUSD go here:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader/database

then open your database.xml and copy over everything from the database code section and paste it over everything, then save and your nus should show everything that you can download.

[*]Use cboot2 to run Wad Manager 1.4 and delete IOS249 (if you dont do this you'll get error at next step)[*]Use cboot2 to run cIOS38rev14 installer and choose "Do not reload IOS" following Network install.

For all other ppl experiencing problems getting a working cboot2.
cBoot2 can be obtained by emailing the following email address (you will get an auto-reply): [email protected]

[*]Run DOP-IOS MOD v5 and Trucha Enable IOS36. (for future preloader installation, not needed yet)

Update!! Don't install preloader just yet, it will brick your Wii!! SO SKIP STEP 7,8 and 9!
[*]Install Preloader (0.29 for now let's hope crediar comes with an update soon)

(current Preloader hacks: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks#Systemmenu_4.2)

Note: Preloader will stop autobooting HBC due to the change of title ID.
In order to get it back to autoboot:
[*]Download http://www.mediafire.com/?jjjnbmtzygz (thanks to giantpune)[*]put the dol on the root of your SD card. start preloader. click load/install file. select the dol you want. go back to preloader settings. put "autoboot" to "file". now you can delete the dol from your sd. (thanks to giantpune)

[/color]
Update!! Don't install preloader just yet, it will brick your Wii!! SO SKIP STEP 7,8 and 9!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\(Optional)//////////////////

[*]Run AnyTitleDeleter MOD (click here)[*]Delete IOS 222/223 (for Hermes' cIOSes)[*]Run Hermes' cIOS installer (download here), select IOS249.[*]Install IOS 222 and 223

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\(Optional)//////////////////

[*]Run Wad Manager 1.4 and install preferred launcher wads (NeoGamma, USB Loader GX, etc etc)

Congratulations, you have now modded your Wii again after being very retarded (like my friend) or have some other retard update your wii to 4.2
Special thanks to:

panzeroceania, testing all workarounds
FenrirWolf, assistance
TeamTwiizers for their quick update
All creators of applications/tools used in this guide.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hackmii installer can install bootmii, which allows the use of cboot2. You can use cboot2 to run the cIOS installer, and then use the cios installer to get whatever you want back on the wii.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
it is useful information, if you still want to boot into HBC via preloader then dont update HBC till preloader gets an update

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
it is useful information, if you still want to boot into HBC via preloader then dont update HBC till preloader gets an update

hbc will be deleted if you update to 4.2 unless you update hbc

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
The hackmii installer can install bootmii, which allows the use of cboot2. You can use cboot2 to run the cIOS installer, and then use the cios installer to get whatever you want back on the wii.
even when bootmii is installed as an IOS?

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
s3phir0th115 said:

has this been tested?

Btw maybe a stupid question, what is DOP-IOS used for? Has been a while I modded wii's and a bit outdated.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amarok said:
s3phir0th115 said:

has this been tested?

Btw maybe a stupid question, what is DOP-IOS used for? Has been a while I modded wii's and a bit outdated.
wiibrew

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dop-IOS is used to update specific IOSes or downgrade specific IOSes. It also has the option to apply the fake signing (aka Trucha) bug to any of the IOSes (just need it on 36 and 60 or 70), among other things.

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:

when running the cBoot2 Installer that wiigator posted here on GBATemp, I get this output

IOS Version: 00240d17
from Internet: ....Done!
net_gethostbyname failed: -6
Error making http request
Bad tik signature!
Error: failed to load SDI module.

The discription of the installer says that you need to extract BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad before installation but that was not included in his package, what can I do about that?

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
panzeroceania said:
s3phir0th115 said:

when running the cBoot2 Installer that wiigator posted here on GBATemp, I get this output

IOS Version: 00240d17
from Internet: ....Done!
net_gethostbyname failed: -6
Error making http request
Bad tik signature!
Error: failed to load SDI module.

The discription of the installer says that you need to extract BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad before installation but that was not included in his package, what can I do about that?

appearently only wad manager will run with this?

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does anyone know how to get the cBoot2 Installer to work?

maybe the cBoot2 installer which is launched from the homebrew channel is being blocked, so if you already have it installed then you can use it because it loads with bootmii and has complete access/control of the console, but perhaps 4.2 blocked the installer.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
panzeroceania said:

maybe the cBoot2 installer which is launched from the homebrew channel is being blocked, so if you already have it installed then you can use it because it loads with bootmii and has complete access/control of the console, but perhaps 4.2 blocked the installer.

shouldnt matter when you reinstall boot/ios from hackmii installer if im correct

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:

Yes. The application doesn't care. It utilizes the low level access you get to the Wii when you launch bootmii, regardless of which way you installed it.

Amarok said:
has this been tested?

Not on the new wii firmware version, but it should still work. The architecture for bootmii applications has not changed.

QUOTE(Amarok @ Sep 30 2009, 07:04 PM)

Any program made what to work with cboot2 will work with cboot2. It is to my understanding the cIOS rev14 installer was one of the apps made to work with it.

All you need to do is get a cIOS installed. Everything will work then.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
s3phir0th115 said:
xzxero said:

Yes. The application doesn't care. It utilizes the low level access you get to the Wii when you launch bootmii, regardless of which way you installed it.

Amarok said:
has this been tested?

Not on the new wii firmware version, but it should still work. The architecture for bootmii applications has not changed.

Any program made what to work with cboot2 will work with cboot2. It is to my understanding the cIOS rev14 installer was one of the apps made to work with it.

tomorrow ima buy indiana and test this, I guess we need to use dop-ios > 36 to enable preloader to be installed?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
xzxero said:

Amarok said:
has this been tested?

soo who has a nintendo updated wii to try this on?

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amarok said:
panzeroceania said:

shouldnt matter when you reinstall boot/ios from hackmii installer if im correct

I think we have a misunderstanding.

I already have bootmii reinstalled and working, but for some reason I am having trouble with the cBoot2 installer. I can't get it installed so I can't then proceed to use it to install cIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte