Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I ordered Persona 3:FES and Persona 4 from Amazon.ca last week, since it was the cheapest I could find.

I'm surprised at Amazon, for delivering my orders in exactly a week. Fastest delivery I've seen in Canada, yet.

As for the game, I already got about 5 hours into the game, and is already grinding and grinding...... I need to study for my midterms, but I can't stop playing....... DESPITE THAT YOU HAVE TO GRIND, IT DOESN'T GET BORING. FIRST TURN BASED RPG THAT DOES THIS TOO.

Well, I hope I'll stop playing soon....

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tropicana said:
Well, I ordered Persona 3:FES and Persona 4 from Amazon.ca last week, since it was the cheapest I could find.

I'm surprised at Amazon, for delivering my orders in exactly a week. Fastest delivery I've seen in Canada, yet.

As for the game, I already got about 5 hours into the game, and is already grinding and grinding...... I need to study for my midterms, but I can't stop playing....... DESPITE THAT YOU HAVE TO GRIND, IT DOESN'T GET BORING. FIRST TURN BASED RPG THAT DOES THIS TOO.

Well, I hope I'll stop playing soon....
Wouldn't you have to stop to write this blog post?

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forgot to "Jibun" in your title.

And it actually doesn't get boring when you grind? That's almost unbelievable. Anyways, enjoy your life vacuum. :yayps2:

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Was thinking of getting this, but the last thing I need is a time-consuming RPG. Fallout 3 destroyed my life during the Christmas holidays it was that addictive, so I gotta stay off the RPG until exams are over at the end of June really. Then I can waste life away in the holidays
biggrin.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can't stand P3:FES, too repetitive for me
unsure.gif
I can't belive you're not bored with that repetitive gameplay, just exactly what happened with The Sims series, you do the same thing everyday. There's not enough story to hooke me up, add to that the fact that the main character is voiceless. Nothing new can be seen (the advertisement that you can change your clothes is almost a lie), and all I saw is some random shits fighting me. Too bored...

Well, everyone got their own taste I guess....

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's hard for me to believe it myself. Heck, I got so bored with FF4, I cheated to beat the game after I beat Golbez with Rydia's reappearance. Turn based games never really make me interested, but I play them for the story most of the time.

The gameplay of P4 can be repetitive, but there's so many choices on what you can do. For example, right after school,

1. You can go and join a club, and do something to increase stats
2. You can hang out with your friends to increase bonds
3. GRIND GRIND GRIND
4. Study to increase your stats
5. Talk to people around town to improve your social link (Which is pretty important)
6. Find a part time job

And when you come back home, you can

1. Sleep
2. Study
3. Build something
4. Watch TV for info.
5. Make food for the next day

Then there's events on certain days, you can choose what to do on weekends, etc. The list of choices are pretty good, and the game itself lasts extremely long, since the game actually forces you to grind.

Personally, if you don't mind that it's a turn based and that it has a very anime feel, it's a game worth playing. However, this game is damn addictive, so you really gotta play it when you have enough time to play/kill.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
It's hard for me to believe it myself. Heck, I got so bored with FF4, I cheated to beat the game after I beat Golbez with Rydia's reappearance. Turn based games never really make me interested, but I play them for the story most of the time.

The gameplay of P4 can be repetitive, but there's so many choices on what you can do. For example, right after school,

3. GRIND GRIND GRIND
5. Talk to people around town to inprove your social link (Which if pretty important)
6. Find a part time job

1. Sleep
2. Study
3. Build something
4. Watch TV for info.

Then there's events on certain days, you can choose what to do on weekends, etc. The list of choices are pretty good, and the game itself lasts extremely long, since the game actually forces you to grind.

Personally, if you don't mind that it's a turn based and that it has a very anime feel, it's a game worth playing. However, this game is damn addictive, so you really gotta play it when you have enough time to play/kill.

Can't you do that in real life as well?
rofl2.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yikkyon said:
Tropicana said:

3. GRIND GRIND GRIND
5. Talk to people around town to inprove your social link (Which if pretty important)
6. Find a part time job

1. Sleep
2. Study
3. Build something
4. Watch TV for info.

Can't you do that in real life as well?
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Makes me feel like I have no life now :/

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That's just the exact same gameplay found in P3:FES :\ which is why I was hooked up for the first 3 days (in real life I mean) after 3 days playing, it's so fucking boring. I go to school, look for buddies to trigger events, go to a coffee shop (or ramen shop, or whatever), go to sleep, the next day I did the same thing, except I go to that tower, and fight a bunch of lousy bastards (which were so fucking easy), go to the next floor, search for items, mix Personas, equip Personas, take a card, AWW SHIT!! Even fighting Hydras in GTA: San Andreas is so much fun compared to it (if only there were more hydras and less clouds)

I never get to the part when you can change your clothes (I heard there's a bikini with awesome defense, but I think that's all there is to it), since I never played the original one, I don't know which one is new (can change your appearance) or not.

Well, heck, at least Dawn of Mana is even more boring that that
wink.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:
That's just the exact same gameplay found in P3:FES :\ which is why I was hooked up for the first 3 days (in real life I mean) after 3 days playing, it's so fucking boring. I go to school, look for buddies to trigger events, go to a coffee shop (or ramen shop, or whatever), go to sleep, the next day I did the same thing, except I go to that tower, and fight a bunch of lousy bastards (which were so fucking easy), go to the next floor, search for items, mix Personas, equip Personas, take a card, AWW SHIT!! Even fighting Hydras in GTA: San Andreas is so much fun compared to it (if only there were more hydras and less clouds)

I never get to the part when you can change your clothes (I heard there's a bikini with awesome defense, but I think that's all there is to it), since I never played the original one, I don't know which one is new (can change your appearance) or not.

Well, heck, at least Dawn of Mana is even more boring that that
wink.gif

In the 4th game, you can choose the difficulty at the beginning of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?