wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekardlogo.gif
WoodRPG v1.01
Update
[6530]AKRPG1_crop.jpg

The Yellow Wood Goblin has updated his opensource Acekard R.P.G. firmware. This update adds custom icon support, soft-reset fixes, compatibility fixes, and more. Please see the change log for more information. Remember this firmware is just for the Acekard R.P.G. and includes support for the 3in1 expansion kit.

Change Log for v1.01 said:
Compatibility Updates:

• puyo puyo 7 (japan) - FIXED
• bokujou monogatari - FIXED
• kirakira taiyou to nakama-tachi (japan) - Correct FIX
• blood of bahamut (japan) - FIXED
• tsukibito (japan) - FIXED
• spectral force - genesis (korea) - FIXED
• princess bakery (korea) - FIXED
• hwansangsuhojeon - tierkreis (korea) - FIXED

Firmware Updates:
• speedup of some file operations.
• tahome font replaced by liberation font.
• games for ique works on common ds.
• custom icons support: place in nand:/__rpg/icons/name. example: "nand:/__rpg/icons/Pokemon - Fire Red Version (USA, Europe) (Rev A).gba.bmp" format: 16 bit per pixel bmp image 32x32 sized.
• 'show icon' option added. now you can select how to draw game icons personaly for each game: transparent use 0-index color as transparent. as is use 0-index color as common color. firmware: use 0-index color as transparent. but before fill icon area by "white" color.
• softreset and dma core improvements.
• softreset fixed in some games.
• softreset no longer breaks download-play in some games (mario kart, nsmb, mario basket...).
• downloadplay fixed in some games from v1.00

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Homepage
discuss.png
Discuss

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ONLY for the Acekard R.P.G. which has a built-in memory core (instead of using a flashmemory chip). This is NOT for the Acekard 2(i) card series. There were only so many of these flashcarts made. For those that still have one at least somebody is still giving support since Acekard has not supported it for some time.

I don't have own one though because they were rather expensive back then.

From what I've heard it is pretty good for the Acekard R.P.G. card.

samurayjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
phoenixclaws said:
This is ONLY for the Acekard R.P.G. which has a built-in memory core (instead of using a flashmemory chip). This is NOT for the Acekard 2(i) card series. There were only so many of these flashcarts made. For those that still have one at least somebody is still giving support since Acekard has not supported it for some time.

I don't have own one though because they were rather expensive back then.

From what I've heard it is pretty good for the Acekard R.P.G. card.

Is it possible to use at least the WoodRPG loader in AKAIO?

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome stuff!

@AnotherWorld
Tell mr goblin to keep up the good work!

On a small side note (not meant to deter the flow of this topic)
AKAIO team is beginning to develop again for a new release?

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
yellow wood goblin has shared some of his rpg compatibility fixes with norm. they will be in akaio 1.5. with that said, no you can't use this loader with akaio.

I am unfortunately aware that this update was in 1.00, so it's silly to ask this in 1.01, but is the Wii Connectivity a thing that can be implemented in AKAIO?

Also, these WoodRPG updates, they're so beautiful. I mean...

QUOTE• custom icons support: place in nand:/__rpg/icons/name. example: "nand:/__rpg/icons/Pokemon - Fire Red Version (USA, Europe) (Rev A).gba.bmp" format: 16 bit per pixel bmp image 32x32 sized.

It's like yellow wood goblin heard the cries of those who needed help the most.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This guy could target an excellent niche if he added those few features that both Acekard and AIO refuse to implement like save states and slow motion. I would definitely install it on my RPG in that case.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean if I load this onto my RPG I can play Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64? Maybe I'll check it out and see what happens.

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Does that mean if I load this onto my RPG I can play Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64? Maybe I'll check it out and see what happens.

Nope

Unless you mean play the games running on the Wii

If so, then no.

QUOTE(Da-Bomb1 @ Aug 13 2009, 06:19 AM) I think the Wii connectivity is, in fact, planned for AKAIO. Don't take my word for it though.

I am going to take your word for it. And if your word fails, I am going to your home and whine and complain until you go mad.

Forget the fact I am too old to whine and complain, I'd do it. Forget the fact that I probably don't know you, I'd find a way to find you, just to whine and complain. Kicking and screaming and all.

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the RPG is the "ignored child" of the family and it's good to see the card still being supported, for those who made their choice and don't want to be stuck with AKAIO (no offense to AKAIO)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM