WOODR4 for R4i pro gold v1.22

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by AlanJohn, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011

WOODR4 for R4i pro gold v1.22 by AlanJohn at 6:37 PM (1,491 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Get it HERE. Game updated to 5573...
    You can get the guide for installing here I'll make a easier guide later...

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    You shouldn't really post them if they don't provide the source as it's a violation of the terms of Wood being open source (all changes released must be accompanied by a COMPILABLE copy of the altered source).

The recent influx of sourceless builds could also be why http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/ is no longer accessible?

3. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I second. If people keep doing this YWG might get pissed off and stop WOOD altogether.

4. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I'm pretty sure that they just take the __rpg and only a encrypted DS_MENU.DAT for there version... NOTE: I didn't make this, it was made by www.r4-pro.com

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Wood itself doesn't seem to be distributed with a copy of the license (which is required for GPL-licensed projects, last I checked), nor is it accompanied with the source either.

Waiting to see what he says.

6. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    Did they respond to your letter to them? Nice job.

7. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    They actually asked me why in the world I need wood (google translate FAIL) Then I responded and then they made a specific one... But I already had one but it was still v1.21 Those lazy's upgraded only by 0.01 [​IMG]

8. twiztidsinz

United States
    <!--quoteo(post=3495343:date=Mar 4 2011, 03:52 PM:name=Rydian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 4 2011, 03:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3495343"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3495268:date=Mar 4 2011, 01:12 PM:name=twiztidsinz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Mar 4 2011, 01:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3495268"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You shouldn't really post them if they don't provide the source as it's a violation of the terms of Wood being open source (all changes released must be accompanied by a COMPILABLE copy of the altered source).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Wood itself doesn't seem to be distributed with a copy of the license (which is required for GPL-licensed projects, last I checked), nor is it accompanied with the source either.

Waiting to see what he says.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Wood source code is distributed with a GPL license.txt file:
    license.txt

And maybe "accompanied" was the wrong word... it must be made available, which is true for the versions made by YGW from his site (which is locked now apparently).
    I cannot say the same for the versions put out by tranfeer, I haven't particularly looked hard but I did not see the sourcecode on the site he links. And I'm pretty sure that the WoodM3 and WoodDSTT versions do not have sources provided at all.

9. z.g

Member z.g GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    there is some misunderstanding about licensing. wood source code released under gpl3. there is license.txt in root of sorce tree and there is a banner at start of each source file.
    but oficial wood binaries not released under gpl3. this possible because ywg is copyright holder and can use own sources as he wants.
    but any 3rd party wood derivative must release source, except case then they got wood source under other license from ywg.

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    We'll see if he honors requests for the source, then?

11. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Belive me or not, but this is what they replied to me-
    "?????????" Which translate's as-
    "Wood from the trees we can" I can't belive it myself though...

12. twiztidsinz

United States
    1). Google Translate isn't perfect.
    2). Wood shouldn't be translated because it is a name.
    3). Try this: "??????WoodRPG?" or "We can build from the WoodRPG".

But it still doesn't change the fact that they're modifying it in SOME way and not releasing the source.

13. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    But the most interesting thing of all is... Since I destroyd this cart by my anger I never realized what clone is it... A Acekard clone--- No, AKAIO Doesn't work. TTDs Clone?--- No, YSmenu doesn't work. 1:1 Clone--- Hell no. Qeustion remains... WTF IS THIS???