Homebrew Wooddumper 3DS - A way to dump original DS games to 3DS sd card!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, it's about time someone did this :D
Thank you do much. Now I can dump my ds games! That old r4 I got ahold of is finally going to have some use :D
(Woodumper wouldn't work for me :/)

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've dumped the gw blue card, but I don't have a pc right now so I can't convert it to cia, I'll upload the file here, if I'm allowed.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
linking to roms is not allowed
That's not exactly a ROM, anyway if someone confirms that I must delete it, I'll delete it.
Otherwise someone could download it and create a patch for the original deep labyrinth, as it's legal to share a patch, right?

Last edited by Mazamin,

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we have the sourcecode for this please? The original Wood Dumper was licensed under the GPL, which means that instructions on obtaining the modified source are required to be given alongside the binary.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This will definitely help me back up my DS collection. Thank you @shutterbug2000.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there will be potential applications for this in terms of flashcart dumping? I know we could RE a few flashcarts now but personally I'm wondering if we could somehow inject a new kernel/fw/rom into the flashcart for patching? There's a few flashcarts out there that won't work unless you update the fw files somehow, and the sites don't host those anymore.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i think this is going to help with getting ds roms to work as this gets sd access in ds mode and wooddumper is not a dsi app it was just modded so the path it dumps to is the sd instead of slot 2

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think this is going to help with getting ds roms to work as this gets sd access in ds mode and wooddumper is not a dsi app it was just modded so the path it dumps to is the sd instead of slot 2

If you're suggesting that we could run roms through the SD to DS Mode, that won't work. (At least, not yet.) afaik this is only one-way and utilises the very limited ram that TWL_Firm has access to, so trying to run games through it is impossible at this point. IMO, I'm just happy there's a DS dumper that doesn't require old insecure wi-fi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hope you've had a good morning.