Wood4TT Pokemon White Black Screen

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by UberHast, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011
  1. UberHast
    OP

Newcomer UberHast Newbie

United States
    I have heard a lot of success stories with the 1.25 Wood4TT firmware, but I just cannot get it to work. I have switched to the new YSmenu, but I really like the Wood Firmware because of the speed and the interface. What ends up happening with is after I input my name and it goes to load the opening sequence it just hits a black screen and nothing comes of it. I am able to soft reset, but that about it. I have tried it many different way, clean rom, patched rom, but with the same results. If anyone has any info on my predicament, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Elvarg

Banned Elvarg Zyzz™

Australia
    its not a clean dump.

3. UberHast
    OP

Newcomer UberHast Newbie

United States
    Well I have also taken a clean rom and patched it myself with retro gamers AP patch, but once agian to no avail. It all works with YSmenu 6.52

4. UberHast
    OP

Newcomer UberHast Newbie

United States
    Okay, so I am half retarded, I installed wood wrong, as oppose to replacing my TTmenu.dat with the new one, I was doing a complete reformat. I just tried it with the ysmenu files still there and adding the wood firmware and replacing YSmenu's TTmenu.dat with the wood one and it works great.

5. wowmistr

Newcomer wowmistr Newbie

Canada
    Hi, I'm having the same problem as you : Black screen after choosing sex and naming my character. Could you explain how to install wood? Here is what I did : I copied TTMenu*.* to root of sdcard. Then I copied WOOD to root of sdcard overwriting TTMENU.DAT. When I boot, I'm in WOOD. I'll try to overwrite YSMenu too. If you could help..

6. wowmistr

Newcomer wowmistr Newbie

Canada
    Well I figured it out : I simply updated YSMenu to 6.52 and ditched TTMenu and WOOD. I don't see the point to start WOOD after YSMenu. If I could launch WOOD directly, it would be great.