Wood R4i Gold 3DS card touch screen unresponsive in some games, but not others?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by thatonezero, Sep 7, 2015.

1. thatonezero
    OP

thatonezero Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I have a 3DS XL, system menu 9.9, and wood 1.64. Some games, like Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and GTA: Chinatown Wars work perfectly with the touch screen. However, other games, like Super Princess Peach and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, for some reason are unresponsive to anything I do to the touch screen. What on earth is going on here? (Also, it isn't broken in any way. No 3DS game gives me issues, either)

2. q9p

q9p GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    United States
    Pensacola, FL
    Have you tried reinstalling the kernel and using the latest version that they support? That would be a recommendation of mine, which may or may not work.

3. thatonezero
    OP

thatonezero Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    I just discovered that the issue does not occur when the flash cart is loaded in the original DS resolution. (by holding Select while launching it from the 3DS menu) However, I'd still like to be able to play it at the default 3DS resolution. And, my kernel is up to date.

4. cocoPika

cocoPika GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    Canada
    are you sure the games can not touch have the touch function?

5. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Have you tried reformatting your SD or making sure that your ROMs aren't a bad copy ro trimmed?

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    this also happens on my dstwo, in some games the touchscreen is not so responsive.. but playing on the original resolution fixes them...