Wood R4 v1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
jwcgator said:
How do you add things to the "Favorites" menu?
I also want to know. someone has the answer?
unsure.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mysterio said:
Azlan Uchiha said:
Umm I Cant Use My Ysmenu Sav File..When I play My Game it started to rename my Save to PHG.nds.sav. Why?
Rename all your ysmenu savefiles from .sav to .nds.sav .

and we have all explained this many times.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
amaro said:
jwcgator said:
unsure.gif
Highlight the game you want, press start, select copy and then go to the favourites folder, then press start and then choose paste. It won't actually copy the file to the folder, because the folder doesn't really exist, but it'll create a shortcut.

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
will there become future updates from the wood firmware for R4??
if they come i would buy an r4 from the shoptemp

got now an DSTT but R4 wood looks better
tongue.gif

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Freudian Lemur said:
amaro said:
jwcgator said:
unsure.gif

Highlight the game you want, press start, select copy and then go to the favourites folder, then press start and then choose paste. It won't actually copy the file to the folder, because the folder doesn't really exist, but it'll create a shortcut.

Thanks!

QUOTE(videtonator @ Apr 11 2010, 11:10 AM)
Does it work with SDHC cards, like this one?
r4sdhc3.jpg

There's no harm in trying, it may just be a near or exact clone of the r4 with an sdhc module thrown in.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
basher11 said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
Azlan Uchiha said:
Umm I Cant Use My Ysmenu Sav File..When I play My Game it started to rename my Save to PHG.nds.sav. Why?

Sigh! If only people read the first post properly.
closedeyes.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mysterio said:
basher11 said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
Azlan Uchiha said:

Sigh! If only people read the first post properly.
closedeyes.gif

thats a big IF.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
EJames2100 said:
@Another World, is there a chance you could open an Improvement/Features you'd like to see thread ?

I don't mean asking for ports and the whole rts stuff.

I mean stuff like Soft reset, it Auto restarting when changing skins.
I know you said these would be fixed, I just mean other features that could be implemented ?

Also would it be possible to have Cheats Auto-Turned on in settings instead of Global(off) ?
Just for those who don't fiddle around and wonder why their cheats aren't working and ask the question someone asked about 3 posts above.

I also noticed that to save the cheats you select, you have to generate a new .cc file, isn't is possible to Press a button(Say Start or something) and save them ?

Also when you choose a Save Slot on Settings, does the *default auto save to Slot 1 or not ? Just asking in-case I accidently overwrite if I start another game on something.

here is the thing about suggestions. YWG is coding a fork of glue's opensource rpg firmware. he codes a firmware for himself and happens to release it to the internet. if there is a feature he wants, he adds it. if there is a feature someone else wants, he provides the source code. so if you want to start a thread in the r4 section i will link him to it, and it will be up to him if he wants to follow it. personally i would like to see some features added as well, but i know better than to ask for them =P.

as for softreset - it has been fixed in the beta build. this will include it happening after skins are changed.
i haven't toyed with cheats all that much, are you saying they have to be set on a per-rom basis to "on" but you can set all cheats to "off" globally? that doesn't make much sense to me, i'll have to check that out. when you turn cheats on, the setting should get saved. right now there are still a lot of bugs which is why i started the bug thread. find things that don't work as they should and report it. i'll do my best to get all of the bugs fixed before "bugging" him for more features.

-another world

RalphUp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:
Does he plan to have slot 2 loading fixed in the next build? Is it working in the BETA? Thanks for any info.

Yes that would be real nice, I have a M3 slot 2 and a REAL GBA Expansion neither of which will load GBA games from Wood v1.04

but other than that, this firmware is AWESOME! thanks to the coders who made it! plays Sonic Classic Collection without the tearing I get from the M3 Real 4.8 firmware.

Cheers Guys for YWG your Hard Work!!!

Thanks for helping everyone out here too Another World!!!

Jepeto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Just passed to say THANK YOU YWG!!! The R4 deserves a firmware like this, because is not just a shitty card like all the new kids say all the time, its a big piece of history, and a great piece of hardware better than all the new carts.
And of course THANK YOU Another World for making all this for Us the R4 owners and lovers.

YWG, Another World, please continue your work, BIG THANKS!!!

JPM
Montevideo, Uruguay, South America.
Old School Gamer, The Atari was my first love
rolleyes.gif

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Yellow Wood Goblin, been testing this all weekend, and no problems at all (because I had the common sense to read and understand the first post). Had R4 recommended to me last year, so bought one for the wife. Then got myself a DSL and R4 for christmas, and R4s for 3 of my kids and my sister. Didn't know any better at the time. Now I don't feel quite so dumb
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...