bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
It's taking quite a long time for this update...
Seriously, I don't know how many people have suggested to use .sav instead of .nds.sav
.nds.sav? What were they thinking?
blink.gif

Anyway, are they actually working on this? As I see it, it's just a matter of renaming so it should take 2 seconds to update it. (Plus other little tweaks)
Because I thought it was meant to be updated 'regularly'... plus updates aren't always AP updates, but can be tweaks like this one.

bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
Well there was a HUGE fuss about Wood being so awesome... but if we can't at least use .sav then I seriously doubt it's that awesome.
wtf.gif

Seriously, it must take a couple seconds to just replace .nds.sav in the code to .sav
Remember, it's just renaming the file, so it will obviously work.

bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
tKo HaXoR said:
Give them time to get that working. It was only released a few weeks ago. Don't bash on the shiny new firmware!
smile.gif
I'm sure they will change it soon enough.

It literally must take them 2 seconds to just use .sav instead of .nds.sav
rolleyes.gif

I seriously hope they change it tho

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bekar said:
Seriously, it must take a couple seconds to just replace .nds.sav in the code to .sav
And how long would it take you to rename your savefiles to .nds.sav?

The source code is open source, if it's that easy edit it and the compile it.

I have a batch file which will rename all the .sav files on the MicroSD card to nds.sav, including all those in subdirectories. http://filetrip.net/f10322-Wood-R4-Save-Ba...enamer-1-0.html there's also another in My acekard thread which will do the opposite, and also back them up.

QUOTE(bekar @ Apr 26 2010, 01:56 AM) Well there was a HUGE fuss about Wood being so awesome... but if we can't at least use .sav then I seriously doubt it's that awesome.
wtf.gif
You should give the YWG some respect at what he's done for the R4. It could give them a lease of new life, and he's not asked for anything in return.

bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
bekar said:

I have a batch file which will rename all the .sav files on the MicroSD card to nds.sav, including all those in subdirectories. http://filetrip.net/f10322-Wood-R4-Save-Ba...enamer-1-0.html there's also another in My acekard thread which will do the opposite, and also back them up.

QUOTE(bekar @ Apr 26 2010, 01:56 AM) Well there was a HUGE fuss about Wood being so awesome... but if we can't at least use .sav then I seriously doubt it's that awesome.
wtf.gif
You should give the YWG some respect at what he's done for the R4. It could give them a lease of new life, and he's not asked for anything in return.

I know, I AM giving him respect. It's a suggestion
lecture.gif

I'm just saying that using .sav should be on his list for when the next Wood comes out.

Plus I don't know how to code, but for people who do I bet it wouldn't take to long, seriously.
wink.gif

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your saying the firmware isn't awesome cuz of the save extension? It takes 2 seconds to rename them with a batch file...

gamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
tk_saturn said:
bekar said:

wtf.gif

+1

moreover, since the 1.04, everybody (who has not..?) has changed his save files in .nds.sav.
so the the problem doesn't exist anymore, since the new games are automatically created with the new extension.

if the developper changes the extensions name now, we will all have to rename all our .nds.sav in .sav^^

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You could just try out Xenon++'s edited version since it supposedly changed the save files to .sav and he added the autoboot latest rom feature (for moonshell2 linking xD) if you are THAT impatient...I'm fairly certain it works, but meh its not like I've personally tried it yet.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well all I would ask for was support for .nds.sav, .gba.sav, .SAV, and .sav files and not to have the whole save file support switched to only .sav again like most other firmwares have..... Since a lot of my backup saves aren't switched from .sav or .SAV to .nds.sav or .gba.sav yet.

Yeah, it's inconvenient, but by now most people who have switched to Wood R4 don't need to do that any longer.

Well, except for me. Since I have backup saves that don't yet work with Wood R4. XD

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it makes sense to standardize it.

I myself have many different firmwares on my card - the original R4 firmware, Moonshell 2 (with YSmenu) and Wood R4. With Wood R4, I can't continue off a game that I started on, say, Moonshell. It wouldn't work the other way either.

Just my two cents.

NeoDraven

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
algols-place.chatango.com
XP
Country
United States
Bekar, entitled little kids like you make my knuckles itch for teeth. Instead of sitting around complaining about what it would take one of your superiors "seconds to do", perhaps you could have been researching how to add that "simple" bit of coding yourself.

You just take advantage of other people's hard work, then cheapen it by saying it only takes seconds, and then you have the audacity to be impatient, on top of everything else?

You, sir, are a twatflap.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoDraven said:
Bekar, entitled little kids like you make my knuckles itch for teeth. Instead of sitting around complaining about what it would take one of your superiors "seconds to do", perhaps you could have been researching how to add that "simple" bit of coding yourself.

You just take advantage of other people's hard work, then cheapen it by saying it only takes seconds, and then you have the audacity to be impatient, on top of everything else?

LOL....you're killing me

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:

I myself have many different firmwares on my card - the original R4 firmware, Moonshell 2 (with YSmenu) and Wood R4. With Wood R4, I can't continue off a game that I started on, say, Moonshell. It wouldn't work the other way either.

Just my two cents.
Well, technically you could use your Moonshell2 saves with woodR4 if you rename your saves and edit the YSMenu.ini to take .nds.sav instead of .sav

As for Bekar, don't be like Goncalodoom, its bad enough with one person as it is (and dam do I want to bash his head in).

bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
v8powered said:
bekar said:
Plus I don't know how to code, but for people who do I bet it wouldn't take to long, seriously.
wink.gif

Then you don't really know jackshit, huh?

I'd sit and wait if I were you.

jackshit? haha... perhaps you need to review the rules again. and of course I AM sitting and waiting.

NeoDraven said:

Once again, I have no disrespect for all the work that has been put into Wood. It's an astonishing firmware, much much better than the 1.18 firmware.
I've yet to understand how I'm cheapening it. All I'm saying is, on the next update that should probably be changed. I'm not saying Wood is bad, in fact it is awesome.

You sir, did not understand what I meant.

QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Apr 27 2010, 06:14 AM) QUOTE(BakuFunn @ Apr 26 2010, 06:32 PM)

Just my two cents.
Well, technically you could use your Moonshell2 saves with woodR4 if you rename your saves and edit the YSMenu.ini to take .nds.sav instead of .sav

As for Bekar, don't be like Goncalodoom, its bad enough with one person as it is (and dam do I want to bash his head in).
Neither do I know Goncalodoom, nor do I understand why you'd want to back someone's head in
rofl2.gif

Read above. You've obviously jumped to conclusions like someone above as to what I am trying to say.

Wow. A magnificent performance
grog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol