Hacking Wood R4 Save Problem

Sharkcheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, First off, Hi! I have lurked here a while, And I needed to make an account because I have no clue on how to solve my problem!

Okay so I have an R4 and WoodR4 Firmware. The first thing I noticed using WoodR4 is the .nds.sav extension on the save games So In the options I just told it to read them as .sav Before you ask, Yes other games seem to load the .sav just fine. Now heres the problem I want this Gamesave And its A .duc so no issue right? Just use Shuny's Online converter yea? So I do that I open the save and then set the source to ARMaxDS and the target to RAW 512kb, put it on my card and... It doesn't works
frown.gif
I have been at this for 2 days trying All I can think of so now Im asking a much larger knowledge base. I've tried different converters setting targets to just R4/M3 types, trying other save games, renaming, etc I just don't get why something is not just working :/ Thanks for reading!

Sharkcheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
z.g said:
Sharkcheater said:
Just use Shuny's Online converter yea?
problem is here. converter broke savefile. here is good one.

That file seems to be 64kb I was under the impression that WoodR4 used 512kb, Looks like when I chose RAW I should have stuck with the original size. Thank you so much for your help. Now I did set the save type to 64k on WoodR4 before launching and it seems to have worked flawlessly-But ALAS, When I went to load the save it said it was corrupt!
frown.gif
Im going to try formatting my MicroSD card And starting fresh!

Sharkcheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
z.g said:
Sharkcheater said:
Now I did set the save type to 64k on WoodR4
save sizes in wood is in bits not bytes. so you need set it to 512k.

You rock man, seems to working fine! Now I can get back to where I was before my save corrupted in the first place! So from now on when converting saves for woodR4 just let it autodetect the size on the target .sav file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended