Wood R4 on the R4i Gold?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Flippinpony, Jun 24, 2010.

Jun 24, 2010

Wood R4 on the R4i Gold? by Flippinpony at 12:50 AM (1,552 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Flippinpony
    OP

Newcomer Flippinpony Newbie

United States
    Sorry if I'm a bit uneducated on this topic, I've done a lot of poking around but haven't found a definitive answer on this.

I'm using the R4i Gold. The address on the front is www.r4ids.com and I'm aware that it is a clone, but I needed something to work on my DSi and didn't realize it wasn't "official". I'm trying to get Jam with the Band to work, and I saw that Wood R4 supports it. There was a version specifically for clones, but I couldn't get it to work. Hung at the loading screen every time. I saw mention of renaming files to make the clone version work, but tried 7 or 8 different things and had no luck. Anyone get Wood R4 to work on the R4i gold? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    WoodR4 for Clones doesn't work. It was a work in progress and as far as I'm aware the people working on it have dropped it. No amount of fiddling will get it going I'm afraid.

3. Flippinpony
    OP

Newcomer Flippinpony Newbie

United States
    Arg, fiddling around with the Japanese version of the game is quite frustrating. Oh well, thank you for the reply.