Hacking Wood R4 on R4iSDHC nearly working!

Tempylon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got Wood R4 nearly completely working on the R4iSDHC!
I used the Wood4TT 1.29 from filetrip and loaded it via YSMenu. The UI fully works (see picture) and it loads games.
But when a game is loaded it freezes after 5 seconds or so. And some games like Mario Kart DS don't load at all and stay at a black screen.
I also tried version 1.25 but with the same problems.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

I will release it, when it works!

Last edited by Tempylon,
Reactions: Ryccardo and Untot

Tempylon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used the Wood4TT 1.29 from filetrip and loaded it via YSMenu. The UI fully works (see picture) and it loads games.
But when a game is loaded it freezes after 5 seconds or so. And some games like Mario Kart DS don't load at all and stay at a black screen.

Anyone?????

Last edited by Tempylon,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
r4isdhc.com cards are locked (the ones using R4.dat kernels) which prevent loading other kernels properly, plus they are dstt clones, you can use apachethunder's dstt stage-2 cia on a 3ds to bypass it, which also allow loading ttmenu.dat instead of r4.dat, wood r4 will load but it cannot boot any software, just use ysmenu from retrogamefan its the only one that still gets updated (at least the most up to date)

Reactions: Tempylon

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hope it works on r4i renovations released circa 2011. It's website was r4sdhc.com (without the 'i'). Can't find a working kernel for it that works on dsi/3ds.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
He said he'd release a kernel on Sept 28... Not surprised, all r4isdhc.com cards are locked, they are dstt clones, and their kernel is modified to run from R4.dat not _ds_menu.dat, only ysmenu works on these cards, look for retrogamefan 7.06 ysmenu, It works with many clones and official cards and has the most compatibility

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: