Hacking Wood R4 + Cheats + Pokemon White = Fail

SinRival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah well I am having some bother with my Pokemon White rom which I am guessing is the official european one but of course my source seems to know it's official. Anyway, I have Wood R4 have updated it to the latest firmware. V1.28 and well I want one cheat, the rare candy one and well when I go to the file info of Pokemon White and press X nothing happens. I am sure I have done it right but really I am a confused person with this stuff.

I got help from a friend getting Wood R4 on it,

This is an official R4 says my friend so I am kind of believing him.

The only reason for the rare candies is so I can level up my Pokemon a little faster so I can beat the Elite Four.. as it's taking agessssss. I have no money too on it but I'm not cheating on getting money so..

Just help me get cheats working. Please.. I beg of you. .-.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
do you use the patched rom? if so it changes some number on the rom ( cant remember the name) and then you have to change the cheats... dont ask me how... just read this on a similar thread

SinRival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
>.< Sorry for this very stupid question but.. how do you know if it's a patched rom?

I think mine might be but I am not sure.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
SinRival said:
>.< Sorry for this very stupid question but.. how do you know if it's a patched rom?

I think mine might be but I am not sure.
Well, it depends on the name of the zip you downloaded. If its (patched) or (cr4ck3d) than its not a clean rom. And it depends on where you download it.

SinRival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's patched because it actually said it was..

>.> I am not really trying to say where it's from as I am sure I am not allowed to.

Anyway it's patched so any ideas?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SinRival said:
Yeah well I am having some bother with my Pokemon White rom which I am guessing is the official european one but of course my source seems to know it's official. Anyway, I have Wood R4 have updated it to the latest firmware. V1.28 and well I want one cheat, the rare candy one and well when I go to the file info of Pokemon White and press X nothing happens. I am sure I have done it right but really I am a confused person with this stuff.

I got help from a friend getting Wood R4 on it,

This is an official R4 says my friend so I am kind of believing him.

The only reason for the rare candies is so I can level up my Pokemon a little faster so I can beat the Elite Four.. as it's taking agessssss. I have no money too on it but I'm not cheating on getting money so..

Just help me get cheats working. Please.. I beg of you. .-.

yeah well, if you press X and nothing happens, that means that there's no cheats for that game.

Or am I wrong?
mellow.gif

SinRival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yet I downloaded cheats for it. .-.

I got like loads of cheats and put it on and still nothing and at one point the cheat option wasn't there.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
usrcheat.dat is the supported cheat data file for wood r4.
make sure that the cheat file is usrcheat.dat and that it's in x:/_rpg/cheats

also, something else you can try, as MaxNuker said, is to get a clean ROM from somewhere since the patched/cracked ones have altered binaries, which can conflict with cheat files.

I found a guide that might help (go to step 9 for guide on cheats):
http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SinRival said:
Just one thing how will I get my save data to work on this clean rom..?
I'm pretty sure the save file will work as long as the region and the file name is the same as the save file. for example, if your save file is "Pokemon White.sav" and is USA version, you will need to get a clean USA version of pokemon white and name it "Pokemon White.nds" to make it work.

EDIT: I just remembered something. Is the region of the cheat codes same as the region of the ROM? If you have a USA pokemon white, then only USA pokemon white cheat codes will work. Just make sure that the region is correct.

SinRival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. o.o Well..

I have got a "supposed" clean rom and cheats and stuff..

But my save data isn't working with this rom..
frown.gif

I hope I haven't lost it. If I have I am probably going to be angry.

EDIT: MY SAVE DATA IS GONE so I am wanting this back.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SinRival said:
Oh. o.o Well..

I have got a "supposed" clean rom and cheats and stuff..

But my save data isn't working with this rom..
frown.gif

I hope I haven't lost it. If I have I am probably going to be angry.

EDIT: MY SAVE DATA IS GONE so I am wanting this back.
I'm not sure about the save data being gone. There's no way that a save file just disappears because of changing from a patched to a clean rom.
unsure.gif

did you look into your micro SD card?

SinRival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well actually I am extremely lucky.. I have my save data now but it is a few days old but really it doesn't matter considering I didn't do much in the last few days except get new pokemon.

So.. any ideas as I do have a clean rom but I feel if I risk data I could end up making it go poof.

Also if this clean rom isn't working with my data then what should I do?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SinRival said:
Well actually I am extremely lucky.. I have my save data now but it is a few days old but really it doesn't matter considering I didn't do much in the last few days except get new pokemon.

So.. any ideas as I do have a clean rom but I feel if I risk data I could end up making it go poof.

Also if this clean rom isn't working with my data then what should I do?
You can just copy your save file into somewhere (wherever you want) in your computer if you want to back it up, just in case the one in your micro SD goes "poof".

By "not working" what do you mean? can you clarify it? (game itself not loading, save file not loading, etc)

SinRival

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The clean rom doesn't seem to come up with the data it just has the new game and the other items no

Continue adventure thing.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That means that your flashcart is not reading the rom and save file together. You have to have the same region (USA pokemon rom and a USA pokemon save will work, but a EUR pokemon rom and a USA pokemon save won't work) so make sure the region is the same. Also, you will need to have the same file name for the rom and save file. If your save file is "Pokemon White.sav" then your rom file has to be "Pokemon White.nds" in order to work.

shihomt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Hello, I'm having the same problem..

I think I have a clean version of Pokemon White.. and usrcheat.dat is already on my micro sd.

the cheats works perfectly on my games, but not in pokemon white.. so I read all the posts you guys made in this thread.. and I noticed that SinRival said he/she downloaded "cheats for it".. assuming it's for pokemon white..

so thus this mean I also need the "cheats for it" he is talking about so I can make the cheats works on Pokemon white?

where can I find that thing?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
That means that your flashcart is not reading the rom and save file together. You have to have the same region (USA pokemon rom and a USA pokemon save will work, but a EUR pokemon rom and a USA pokemon save won't work) so make sure the region is the same. Also, you will need to have the same file name for the rom and save file. If your save file is "Pokemon White.sav" then your rom file has to be "Pokemon White.nds" in order to work.
Blatantly wrong. People have been using cross-region saves for ages. Many people who used the English translation patch on the J version can and have been using the same save file for their US or EU version. As long as the sav file has the same title as the rom, it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE