Hacking Wood for R4SDHC Clone only (Not R4 original)

Aurionfox

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone, this tutorial is for R4 SDHC users only (www.r4sdhc.com), if you have a different card you can try it but I’m not sure if it’s going to work

First download this package with all the necessary tools

4Shared: Click Here

Megaupload mirror: Click Here

Mirror Mediafire (Thanks shineaway) Click Here
ONLY R4SDHC USERS

1.25 Firmware: http://www.4shared.com/file/R7aUyDAq/R4_OS.html

Now that you have all the files we are going to patch Pokemon Black or White (get a clean rom first, google it!!)

We have these files in the package

img001r.jpg

Follow these steps carefully

POKEMON BLACK ONLY

1. - Decompress the “Patch Black Fix.rar”

img002cq.jpg

2.- Drag and drop your rom on the Patch.exe and wait for it, you are going to get two files use the “Pokemon Black.nds”, “Pokemon Black.bak” is your backup so you don’t need it

img003cm.jpg

3. - Now move your fixed rom to the “EXP patch Blach White” and open “Lunar IPS.exe”

img004ww.jpg

4. - Select “Apply IPS Patch” and search for “fix-blackJULIAN6732.ips”, next your Fixed Rom and Accept, wait for the patch

img005dd.jpg

5. - You have now a fixed rom for EXP and Freezes (except the C-Gear but that’s a minor problem)

POKEMON WHITE ONLY

1. - Decompress the “Patch White Fix.rar”

2.- Drag and drop your rom on the Patch.exe and wait for it, you are going to get two files, use the “Pokemon White.nds”, “Pokemon White.bak” is your backup so you don’t need it

3. - Now move your fixed rom to the “EXP patch Black White” and open “Lunar IPS.exe”

4. - Select “Apply IPS Patch” and search for “fix-whiteJULIAN6732.ips”, next your Fixed Rom and Accept, wait for the patch

5. - You have now a fixed rom for EXP and Freezes (except the C-Gear but that’s a minor problem)

The images are the same as black

Now we are going to the micro SD

1. - Format your micro SD only if you can’t get it to work and follow this instructions carefully don’t miss any step

ONLY R4SDHC USERS

X. - Copy the 1.25 Firmware to the root of your micro SD

2. - Copy all the files from the SD folder to your micro SD root, you are going to get something like this (only the marked files are needed but as you can see, everything with this Wood can work)

img006tu.jpg

3. - Copy your Fixed Pokemon Black or White Rom to your micro SD

4.- Copy the save files from the “R4 Save Converter” folder and rename it from “Pokemon Black.nds.sav” to “Pokemon Black.sav”, “Pokemon White.nds.sav” to “Pokemon White.sav”, or the same name as your roms but remember the extension “.sav” only not “.nds.sav”

Optional and recommended

XX. - If you want a personal save use the Desmume to create a new one and save it before you choose your first pokemon, drag and drop your .dsv file to the “R4 Save converter.exe” and then rename it to “romname.sav”

5. - Now we go to the DS

imagen001tc.jpg

6. - Open WAIO.nds

imagen002fr.jpg

imagen003uh.jpg

7. - Press B button and search for woodr4.dldi.nds

imagen004fs.jpg

8. - You are going to get a blue screen don’t worry it’s ok, do not reset your DS, it's a vital step

imagen006g.jpg

9. - Search for your pokemon rom

imagen007j.jpg

10. - Press Y button two times and select this options
Select a save type = unknown/auto
Cheat in Game (AR) = off
Reset in Game = off

imagen008im.jpg

imagen009vi.jpg

11. - Press A button and save settings

12. - Load your game

13. - Now enjoy!!!

imagen010o.jpg

imagen011q.jpg

imagen012a.jpg

imagen013t.jpg

imagen014ps.jpg

imagen015fv.jpg

imagen016cm.jpg

imagen017k.jpg

No Freezes, EXP Fixed, Wi-Fi and most important SAVE!!!!

C-Gear now works with the new version of Waio with 1.14 core

You can try any other rom and it saves and works fully, if you have a wii you can connect it too!!

Remember this was created for R4SDHC only, if you can get it to work for other flashcards tell us

Credits:
Rudolph
Xenon++
Julian
Lloydx
abel009
konakona-chan
finalworld2012
Me Aurionfox
And everyone who makes this patches

Tested and works on:

R4SDHC With 1.25 Firmware 2gb microSD AData

Im going to update this post if necesary but for now its a little late see you later

shineaway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! How did you manage to fix Wood R4 up so it works on clones?

Now I can save in every game, whereas I could not before using the previous WoodR4 for Clones release.

Night_Jesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i was playing pokemon BW on Desmume and ive copied the sav data file and used it to convert with the converter and once ive run it on my R4 to select the game, i get a blue error screen, please help.

Night_Jesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Shinaway
Once i get the game running, ive restarted my DS and put in my converted sav file and when i try to run it again, the blue screen says like...
error, cannot read moonshl2 folder.

Is anyone else getting the blue screen error after you get the game working once then restart your ds?

Also, a quick Q for the dsv. savefile to R4
I've dragged the dsv file to the converter and if i try to change the ".dsv" file name to ".sav" it'll say something like this file wouldnt work properly if you rename it.

But the problem is the blue screen, why?
frown.gif

ALSO
Can we change the firmware to english instead of spanish?
tongue.gif

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, he didn't fix Wood for clones at all. That's just the Wood firmware GUI, it's not wood. I mean, there's clearly WAIO written there, and as far as I'm concerned, that was something Xenon+ created.

shineaway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Night_Jesus Load up the R4 Menu, select WAIO.nds, then load the file called woodr4dldi, then run pokemon. I think this is what AurionFox means.

@.psyched Just realised that this is the works of Xenon++, but I can get zelda spirit tracks (clean) loading with train controls, and the club penguin game that only works on certain cards loading with this. So it must be using the Wood's game loading somewhere.

Night_Jesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that worked on the 1st try, the game loads and after i restarted my DS and try to load it up again, i get the blue screen error.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
shineaway said:
@Night_Jesus Load up the R4 Menu, select WAIO.nds, then load the file called woodr4dldi, then run pokemon. I think this is what AurionFox means.

@.psyched Just realised that this is the works of Xenon++, but I can get zelda spirit tracks (clean) loading with train controls, and the club penguin game that only works on certain cards loading with this. So it must be using the Wood's game loading somewhere.
Both of them were already originally fixed by the R4SDHC firmware.
And you can't possibly load the wood on an R4 Clone. It wasn't designed for that.

Aurionfox

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:

Thanks, i didn't know who make waio so i put it on the credits now, i just compile everything that works on my flashcard so everyone can try, because i try many different wood versions, but only this can work and save without problems

Fixing images too

QUOTE said:
Can we change the firmware to english instead of spanish?

hahahaha i didn't realize that until now, thx for the advice im going to search for a english version

And you can't possibly load the wood on an R4 Clone. It wasn't designed for that.

Yeah you're right, wood has never been fixed for clones but that happens when you use a simple wood r4 original or wood for clones version, they can't save, but i think this time WAIO patch a dldi file (you can see it on the blue screen) and works fine, WAIO is just a patch, you cannot launch any game from there, thats why you must use woodr4dldi, its the only way to fix it, it's a loooog way to fix the game but hey it works!!! and every game works too, im playing Ivi the Kiwi (U) (not the japanese with english patch) and works, that doesn't works normally even with YSMenu

Fer476

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Aurionfox, I have a problem. When I use Desmume to create a save file, the file created is .dst and not .dsv. How can I get a .dsv save file?

Thanks =)

Aurionfox

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Fer476 said:
Aurionfox, I have a problem. When I use Desmume to create a save file, the file created is .dst and not .dsv. How can I get a .dsv save file?

Thanks =)

That's easy, take your dst file and drag/drop on the r4saveconverter.exe, then rename XXXXX.dst to XXXXX.sav (XXXX is the name of your rom)

Fer476

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I have tried that already, but when I do so, the file is still in dst format (shown on the properties screen), and I have also tried the save included there, but I get the white screen if I use the unknown/auto setting. It only works on 512K =/. What do I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn