Hacking Wood for R4SDHC Clone only (Not R4 original)

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Aurionfox said:
@magicksun

A lot of things, first, wood for clones doesn't works (some flashcards works but don't save), the same thing happens for wood original, also, i don't know if there's gonna be an update for this because it's a little tricky

but the original how update the filmware? , but if is like ys menu maybe work =)

sstomouth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aurionfox said:
@sstomouth

Don't worry about the themes that was my mistake, i don't know why the images become corrupted, i have that problem too but you can put new themes

Also do you turn off cheats and reset in woodr4dldi?, strange it didn't work for other games, when one game works with woodr4dldi and save, you have good chances to make pokemon black/white work, format your sd (backup first) and see if the problem it's still there

PD Off topic: hey do you use Prize Rebel too??? i use it long time ago and i got a loooooot of games for steam and Wii points (you can see my steam page on my profile) but i don't know if the site still works because now they have more strict rules

I did format my card first. Both times. (I've tried a lot of different methods) I've turned off cheats and reset in woodr4dldi, in WAIO, turned off soft reset in the first menu. (the R4 firmware one)

I haven't used Prize Rebel before... >_> This is a friends account he's letting me borrow. =\ But reading it, and having someone say it's valid makes me think I should check it out.

Can you think of anything I should try to get White working? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks.

Aurionfox

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@magicksun

well, you can use the last version of waio from Xenon++, it also fixes the C-Gear problem with our flascards, but for the original firmware you need to format your only if you don't want problems with the Moonshell installer

@sstomouth

You can try too the new version of Waio/woodr4dldi, i think it have more compatibility with more flashcards

OFF topic again: yeah try prize rebel, 70+ free games for steam and 100+ purchases from the wii shop channel for me make a good proof

Demonic Ice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that firmware from r4sdhccn.com...?
Anyways I load it and there's a white screen... D=
Is it because I have to use the R4 SAV Converter on the sav in the folder? Or is it already the SAV patched?

alphafour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
hey guys I managed to get this working, Thanks alot AurionFox for this!

But I didn't use the 1.25 firmware that he provided as it didn't work.

I'm using the R4 Upgrade (sdhc) (ie not the DSI one, I have a DSLite) and my firmware is 1.13 and you can get it here! (from the downloads section on this website)

http://filetrip.net/f11430-R4-III-Kernel-3-13-(English).html

so basically I did everything that he said in the list and I got Pokemon White working, I'm not sure about Black but I guess it probably works just the same!

You have to go through the waio.nds and the woodr4dldi thing everytime you play the game but that's a small price to pay if you get to actually play the game!

I have not tried it for very long! I haven't had any battles at all so far because I had to restart and try it on hiragana because I'm a n00b.
Before this woodr4 thing I couldn't even get the game to load at all, so I'm gonna play it more and update this post, and also I'm gonna try out some other games I originally couldn't get to work
such as Taiko no Tatstujin 4 (Yokaissen) DS and also Kamen Rider Ganbaride DS and see if the WAIO and R4DLDI thing make any difference and then I'll make an update here!

I saw some people said this stuff was from another person originally but of course I have no idea, Whoever you are, thank you very much
yaynds.gif

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
hello hello , well i see in my flashcard there is no sav.nds there is olnly .sav , its rare . and i have a problem with last window , with unknow save i have a box say restar the ds , and with 512k i can play it a bit and then a white screen , i can't found the waio , and when i fond it , there isn't a r4woodldi =(

alphafour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Just to update from my last post, the game is working fine! I've been able to save and my Pokemon have gained experience as normal, I have not run into any problems whatsoever so far!

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
magicksun said:
hello hello , well i see in my flashcard there is no sav.nds there is olnly .sav , its rare . and i have a problem with last window , with unknow save i have a box say restar the ds , and with 512k i can play it a bit and then a white screen , i can't found the waio , and when i fond it , there isn't a r4woodldi =(

In your Flashcart, you need a save file which is "THE GAME's NAME.sav". Make sure you patch the game. Also, try using 2M save or 64M save. Also, you need to load WAIO.nds then once you load it, go back to the ROOT of the microSD card and look for R4WOODDLDI.nds

alphafour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Just as a note, you can change from kana to kanji and vice versa in the settings menu 設定(せってい)

I'm not sure how I can delete the save file and save my own game without it stopping me so I decided to just use the one provided and change the 読み方文 to 漢字 since im primarily playing this game to learn japanese in addition to my uni work

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all I can't believe Wood is actually working and saving on me R4 clone. This is incredible. I want to thank the person or people that came up with this workaround. I'm not playing Pokemon on it but have managed to get other games to work on it.

I do have a quick question though. Will Wood be updated for R4 clones?

alphafour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
evening said:
First of all I can't believe Wood is actually working and saving on me R4 clone. This is incredible. I want to thank the person or people that came up with this workaround. I'm not playing Pokemon on it but have managed to get other games to work on it.

Hey dude could you please tell me what games you got working on it?

Care to give a small list?

if it's too much effort don't worry
smile.gif

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alphafour said:
evening said:

Hey dude could you please tell me what games you got working on it?

Care to give a small list?

if it's too much effort don't worry
smile.gif

Last Window is working without freezing and Etrian Odyssey 3 is running but still being hit with AP. At the moment those are the only new games I've tried on there. The others are older games that didn't have AP. I can't wait to try Final Fantasy and Lufia on it next month.
biggrin.gif

Edit: I should have mentioned also that Ivy the Kiwi? and Rooms: The Main Building are also working...

Aurionfox

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@evening
@alphafour

Yep, almost every game works with this wood version, like the original one, except for the new ones but is a fully functional wood for us, Wii conection/saves/compatibility but not cheats (sorry for the cheaters but i didn't care so much for that), so the compatibility list to big

@alphafour

You can create a new save from Desmume and use it on your flashcard, and yes, Xenon++ make an update for this, you can found it on his threat here at GBAtemp

LobiAlkon

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys.

I think im doing this wrong because when i turn on my DS it gets me the "Loading..." Black screen whitout moving.

I formated the Micro SD (That is from 8gb) and i put the 1.25 firmware whit the SD folder (not the SD folder, the files inside i mean) and it doesnt work.

Yes, im using a R4 SDHC (that the actual kernel is the 1.34).

Goodbye!

DrakeTheRealist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything listed except the firmware part due to the fact that my R4 would not not start since those files matched the Kernel files. I have tried the Firmware 1.25 without the Kernel 1.34 files and it wouldn't operate.. so that didn't work. The game loaded very well, but the save file made both screens black. I tried to use the SAV file from Aurionfox used (Character name is in Japanese.. Female, Kanoto Town.. 0 Badges, 0:00 Time) I have no idea what to do to fix it... Oh and to point out something.. I barely got the R4 3 days ago so I may not have some files? I think I have everything down... I just need the little help.. Please if someone knows the answer help me out.

Aurionfox

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@LobiAlkon

Im not sure if this will work on a SDHC, if someone else can confirm this please, meanwhile, can you try it on another SD card?

@DrakeTheRealist

Yes, that's my save file, and it works fully (im using the same save and i almost reach the last gym, c-gear, Victiny, etc...), try the new version of WAIO from Xenon++, it improves the compatibility on other flashcards

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@LobiAlkon
Please give me the URL. r4sdhc.com one, on which I have tested Pokemon SoulSilver, accepts only 4GB TF.
Because the R4 protocol accepts 2**32 physical bytes, 4-8GB area cannot be accessed.

LobiAlkon

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello again. It worked... The thing was that it didnt work the firmware 1.25, but using the last firmware (v 1.34) it worked perfectly... I can load the game, save and without bugs or black screen. Thank you for the tutorial.

PD: Xenon, you are my hero!

DrakeTheRealist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sooooo the game worked with what you suggested AurionFox. The thing now is that when my Yooterii evolves, the Rom freezes.. but the Yooterii still moves.. what is wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.