Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~UPDATED~

What you should use for Cheats:

-USRCHEAT.DAT

Instructions on Getting and Moving the Cheats

0) Get Wood for R4 Firmware and replace your old R4 Firmware.

1) Download the latest USRCHEAT.DAT here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/.

2) Move the USRCHEAT.DAT to the "cheats" folder of the _rpg folder.

Getting the Cheats to Work

0) After moving USRCHEAT.DAT to the "cheats" folder of the _rpg folder, open up your DS with the R4.

1) You should be in the Wood R4 Menu. Press the "START" button.

2) Go to "SETTINGS." You should see "System Settings" on top of the pop-up. Just set any random Settings and then press "OK." Press "OK" again to ensure that you saved the settings.

3) Now restart your DS (don't use soft reset ---> turn off your DS then turn on your DS).

4) Go to "Settings" then press "R" until you see "Cheat In Game (AR)".

5) Turn "Cheat In Game (AR) ON" or else it will not work. Press "A" to confirm the Settings.

6) Go to any game and press "Y" to bring up the information about that highlighted game.

7) Press "X" to bring up the Cheats List.

8) Tick/Untick the Cheats that you want and don't want.

9) Then press "X" to Generate the .CC file (file for Cheats).

10) Press "A" and you're all set to go.

This is what I did to make the cheats work, for the final time. I'm sure that this method will work now, as I've upgraded Wood Firmware each time.

(LITTLE NOTE: If you cannot bring up the Cheats List after all these steps, then it's possible that the Game ID for a game does not match up. Please make changes with R4CCE. Also...if the Cheats List do not show up, then the little Micro SD card icon on the top right of the Touch Screen will flash. This may be useless information, but it's just to let you know.)

Have Fun!

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
that's what your suppose to do.....

that's an obvious tutorial.

Did you not see the "Overwrite" part? Some people just move the USRCHEAT.DAT to the "cheats" folder only without Overwriting and does not work for some reason.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Wood R4 came with a folder called cheats.
its obvious you add the cheat DB in there.

also, it's empty. so there's no overwrite.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea this tutorial would be no help, because people would do it and it might still not work and people wouldnt know what to do, you didnt say that they should go to settings, then patches and make sure that the cheat in game patch is on, because its off by default

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
the Wood R4 came with a folder called cheats.
its obvious you add the cheat DB in there.

also, it's empty. so there's no overwrite.

Okay, get this straight:

1) I KNOW that the "cheats" folder is empty. That's why I said you should move the USRCHEAT.DAT to it first and then get the same copy of the USRCHEAT.DAT and overwrite the one in the "cheats" folder.

2) The Second Method is a just-in-case-the-first-method-doesn't-work option because I put both the USRCHEAT.DAT in the _rpg folder and the "cheats" folder.

Easy to read now? If you think this is stupid then don't post. Simple.

EDIT: Oh yeah...forgot the Settings. I had set the Settings...so that's another possibility for the Cheats working.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
Ok I'll do that... but why is it necessary? Doesn't copying the thing once work?

No, I don't think so, because when I first copied the USRCHEAT.DAT and plugged it into my DS, there were no cheats to display for any game at all. And then when I updated my USRCHEAT.DAT and overwrited the one in the "cheats" folder, it worked...for some reason.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just placing the USERCHEAT.DAT in the folder works fine, no need to overwrite or anything, at least no need for me, the only problem i had was with the cheats not working, which i fixed by going into the settings

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
davidsl_128 said:
Ok I'll do that... but why is it necessary? Doesn't copying the thing once work?

No, I don't think so, because when I first copied the USRCHEAT.DAT and plugged it into my DS, there were no cheats to display for any game at all. And then when I updated my USRCHEAT.DAT and overwrited the one in the "cheats" folder, it worked...for some reason.
Yours could be a bad copy the first time, nothing is perfect
lecture.gif

andychs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I still can't get it to work...

got 1 copy in the _rpg cheats folder, 1 copy in the _system_ folder

The cheats appear in the menu, selected them, created a *.cc file, but yet the cheat doesn't work.

i tried using the same cheat file with r4i(on another cart) with the same game and the cheats work...

STRANGE!

am i doing something wrong? is there a way to enable the .cc file?

nemrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've copied several different cheat files to the cheat folder as USRCHEAT.DAt, but i still can not see it or access it while in the DS.

I've got the show hidden files on. i've got the cheats in games on.

any ides?

talesmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
@andychs
have you set the cheat to on at patches setting? press start at rom list and go to settign and toggle R 'till you find it )

then try to generate the .cc file again, if it's still doesnt work i suggest you re-install your wood

nemrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried that..still nothing.

I'm going to try and reload wood.

can some one give me the steps to follow in order to reload wood. I'm going to start from a formated memory card.

thanks

nemrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nemrac said:
i tried that..still nothing.

I'm going to try and reload wood.

can some one give me the steps to follow in order to reload wood. I'm going to start from a formated memory card.

thanks

Who's flaming? i just asked a question.

PandaPinoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my prob is that when i load up the game the cheats wont work, all the cheats worked on the regular menu but on wood no, also when theres a dot next to the cheat name does that mean its on or off?

talesmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
@nemrac
have you try to redownload the cheat? this time make sure the one that you download is USRcheat.dat

maybe the reason it didn't work because you just rename other cheat file to usrcheat.dat

you said: "I've copied several different cheat files to the cheat folder as USRCHEAT.DAt"

@pandapinoy
beside you generate the .cc file you also need to turn on the cheat in game ( AR ) mode

How to use cheat
1. download the latest USRcheat at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/files/TEMP
2. extract it and place it in the cheat folder
3. start the NDS
4. press start at rom list menu ---> setting
5. toggle R button until you see patches menu
6. turn on cheat in game ( AR ), press A to save the setting
7. Highlite the game you want to cheat, press Y then X to go to cheat list
8. mark the cheat you want to use then generate the .cc file
9. start playing

if that still doesn't work.....then I don't know what is wrong

Site & Scene News