1. Schicksalsheld

Schicksalsheld GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Still no SourceCode...

2. syrusch

syrusch GBAtemp Regular

Swaziland
    I'm looking for the sources too. Maybe someday...

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ Attention! T~T

Antarctica
    The source will not be opened due to people not releasing their source with their update.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    It was GPL'd, all derivatives must also be GPL'd.

YWG, if you're not willing to re-open the google code I'm sure we'd be willing to host the source on filetrip. This of course would be read-only, but it would go along with the GPL's demands that the source must be available.

5. Another World

OP Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    your opinion is yours alone. the r4i gold from the .cn team is a great card. its based on the designs acekard sold to the public, and is not an exact copy/clone of the ak2i or the r4 ultra (which was designed, built, supported, and released by team acekard). if chrysler makes a few dodge vehicles based on chrysler plans, are all dodge vehicles clones of chrysler? its a ridiculous idea to consider that something built from plans is a blatant clone especially when you consider the negative impact the word "clone" has in this "scene."

yes, they were the first team to contact me stating they had a card working on the 3ds. why not release an updated version of their card and bank on that? any business person would do the same thing. chrysler releases cheaper versions of their cars under different names to make more money! making money is the reason the .cn guys released a flash kit. additionally they took the smart route and partnered with YWG to develop the firmware. i really don't see the problem with their smart business choices. wood is great, the r4i gold is a well built card, and it does what it should -- it plays roms and homebrew with high support.

based on your comments i will have to assume that you have never used the r4i gold from the .cn team, furthermore that you have never contacted to team to discuss any one part of the card, their business plan, or the development process. i can only assume this because your comments appear to have been made from someone who is extremely misinformed and who base their comments on what they read on forums.

-another world

6. MrShawnTRods

MrShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Haha, I am sure he was another anti-R4 guy [​IMG].

People does not seem to like the brand "R4" because of 1000 clones. But I am sure every penny spent on the ones that are Wood compatable is worth it [​IMG].
    YWG releases the updates faster than any flashcart team or any other firmware.

7. kineticUk

kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Thanks ywg great to keep seeing these updates. Love this firmware.

Id also like to add that I'm also a big fan of the r4igold.. the hate is bullshi*, its annoying to read but im not bothered.

I bought the r4igold not long before xmas, because I wanted another flashcart to use in my DSi but wanted to continue using wood (Having used the firmware for a long time on my DS lite with my trusty acekard RPG). I didn't want to get another ak2i because I think the build quality is shit (hit and miss, normally misses.. got one of four with no problems yet) and am a bit too old to understand the hating on r4, boring ass "we hate noobs" thing that went along with using that card. Sounds f-in pathetic and not cool at all. Its not cool at all imo, if I can help someone I'd try.

I don't believe for a second that the "haterz" have ever seen or used an r4igold. The only negative(s?) is there hasn't been/isn't going to be an update for it so it can run on the 3DS (I'd have to get the new version hardware and pay for it) and it has r4 in the name if that bothers you (first DS cart I ever had was the original r4, I still have it and it still works perfectly now and it runs wood...what?). I wish the r4ids.cn team would reconsider releasing a working update for the old cards eventually just to give the haterz less ammunition while improving their own reputation but nevermind.

3DS version is cheap enough and the new hardware is better (thanks for the info ywg). If I was gonna buy a 3DS (Not now. More DSi homebrew/hacking ftw) I would probably buy their card again. Running wood firmware on well built hardware in all nintendo (3)DS(i) systems. The only thing that could kill it.. same as most carts, if the team does a runner we're donald ducked.

The build quality of the r4igold is "quality" imo and with wood you get a clean firmware, that does what it should and does it very very well. It may not have all the "special" features or glitz some other firmwares have but it is (for various other reasons and imo) the best ds mode firmware currently and its still being improved/updated. I have been very happy since getting my r4igold and the team fixed the one issue I have had with the card (about 1 week after I sent them an email). Because of the build/wood, this cart is better than any of the ak2's and ak2i's I've had and it compares to my rpg as far as I'm concerned (which I love for the same reasons. Build quality and wood firmware).

If you wanna continue with the r4(igold) hate ting then just continue but note haterz fail.

You'll be happier if you use one.

8. perkele

perkele GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    More than 200 million speak Portuguese, that's more than Russian, Japanese or German.

9. sniperdmaa

sniperdmaa Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Yes, it is a language. Brazilian Portuguese.

10. Schicksalsheld

Schicksalsheld GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Anything new related to the SourceCode????

11. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r GBAtemp Fan

12. thelibra

thelibra Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am just wondering... is WOOD compatible with R4Gold if i want to play DS games on my 3DS?

13. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    Wood works on the 3DS (on a supported flash cart).

14. Lilith Valentine

Antarctica
    Did you attempt to read the thread? It's still locked

15. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    Do woodr4 work on a R4iLL??

16. Lilith Valentine

Antarctica
    Nope, YSmenu does though

17. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    u_u thank u man!

18. thelibra

thelibra Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the hard work! I have a question tho... and it's a bit complicated:

I just got an Acekard2i ... i am wondering if i can use Wood with it for my 3DS (for nds games). Wood just seems a lot less confusing than the program that Acekard2i comes with!

19. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

1. No you can't.
    2. What the hell's wrong with using AKAIO?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmwares,