Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Wood Firmwares v1.23
Update
wood_firmeware_gbatemp.net_2010.jpg

Carried on the Griffins’ back, swift into the oncoming storm, we rode for freedom of all Templand. Wizards at the ready, men with swords drawn, their eyes ablaze from evening dawn reflections. We carried the hopes of pirates yet to be born, our satchels filled with the latest Homebrew pre-loaded onto ancient R4 Flash Linker devices. So swiftly we yearned for war, so passionately the firmware was applied, that we forgot to kiss our loved ones goodbye.

Change Log said:
Core:
• sav-files timestamp updated on game launch.
• fatfs updated to 0.08b.

Compatibility:
• 'mysims - skyheroes (usa)' fixed.
• 'eigo de tabisutu - little charo (japan)' fixed.
• 'zombie daisuki (japan)' fixed.
• 'kaiju busters powered (japan)' fixed.
• freezing on entering into underground in 'pokemon diamond/pearl/platinum' and freezing on entering into gts terminal in 'pokemon heartgold/soulsilver' on some microsds fixed.
• 'blue dragon - awakened shadow (europe)' fixed.

R.P.G. & R4 Specific:
• microsd reading speed increased. noticeable improvement can be seen at least on sandisk microsdhc cards.

Special Thanks to YWG for the update!

download.gif
Wood R4 v1.23 Download
download.gif
Wood R4iDSN v1.23 Download
download.gif
Wood R.P.G. v1.23 Download
icon11.gif
Wood R4 as .NDS by Coolkill3r
icon11.gif
Wood R4 Bugs and Compatibility thread
icon11.gif
Wood R4 Language File thread

suzannem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the update, would it be possible to fix Around World in 80 Days" it freezes once you get to day 78, having been trying to finish game for months.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
suzannem said:
thanks for the update, would it be possible to fix Around World in 80 Days" it freezes once you get to day 78, having been trying to finish game for months.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Did you ever try backing up and formatting your MicroSD card, then putting fresh firmware files on after?

And I'm talking full format, none of that quick format stuff. With Panasonic SD Formatter, a very effective formatting tool. Most random freezes aren't actually the fault of the firmware, but rather the fault of system files not being properly overwritten or pieces linger creating confusion. It could even be your MicroSD card really. It generally isn't the firmware though with my experience in helping people and owning an Original R4 myself.

Thanks to YWG for a quick update with some nice updates included. I should be able to take full advantage of this in approximately three to five business days when my new 2gb MicroSD arrives.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
suzannem said:
would it be possible to fix Around World in 80 Days" it freezes once you get to day 78, having been trying to finish game for months.of course it possible. there are about 5500 ds releases. if finishing each game take 20 hours, and i will play 4 hours per day, and region dupes will skipped, i finish all games after (5500/3)*20/4/365=25 years.
too long for you, i think. there is another way. it described in 'readme.for.r4.users.txt' file that distributed with each wood release:
QUOTE2. any bug reports must contain a save file (except when the problem happens at the start) and detailed descriptions on how to reproduce the problem. "game 'xxx' sometimes freezes" is not bug report!

suzannem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ywg said:
suzannem said:
would it be possible to fix Around World in 80 Days" it freezes once you get to day 78, having been trying to finish game for months.of course it possible. there are about 5500 ds releases. if finishing each game take 20 hours, and i will play 4 hours per day, and region dupes will skipped, i finish all games after (5500/3)*20/4/365=25 years.
too long for you, i think. there is another way. it described in 'readme.for.r4.users.txt' file that distributed with each wood release:
QUOTE2. any bug reports must contain a save file (except when the problem happens at the start) and detailed descriptions on how to reproduce the problem. "game 'xxx' sometimes freezes" is not bug report!

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another World said:
R.P.G. & R4 Specific:
• microsd reading speed increased. noticeable improvement can be seen at least on sandisk microsdhc cards.

you mean normal micro sd right?

thanks for the update

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
very nice... talking about fast microSD, did wood ever have problem loading castlevania which required fast microSD like from jpn
if you talk about castlevania:Por, it fixed starting from 1.02. if you talk about lags in castlevania:dos intro on slow microsd — it unfixable, but i dont' see any problem here — game fully playable. if you talk about anything else — i know nothing about this. btw my friend finished all castlevanias without any problem.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
amazing update.... thx so much....

but, why the small changelog in games when in fact all the games until now woks with this version? like cabela's dungerous hunt, touch darts, my sims sky heroes.... all working flawless

just curiosity XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person