Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
instantberry said:
So i updated my wood by extracting my games and formatting my sd card and then adding wood 1.13 and the ga,es back into the folder, now it says " COULDN'T FIND_DS_MENU.DAT" but it is still in the folder

My guess is you prolly took the wood RPG instead of wood R4 version?

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I didn't realize there were problems with Layton, I'm playing it on 1.12 without any problems, already on chapter 7-8.

Is there gonna be a problem if I don't update (Which I will now
tongue.gif
) ?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
pitman said:
I didn't realize there were problems with Layton, I'm playing it on 1.12 without any problems, already on chapter 7-8.

Is there gonna be a problem if I don't update (Which I will now
tongue.gif
) ?
QUOTECore:
• fatfs core updated to 0.08a.
• libnds 1.4.5 used.
• new window manager. toplevel dialogs draw faster.
• unfortunally some lame groups add introes to games. in some cases introes cause problems. so introes removed.
why not update?
tongue.gif

Twin989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the noob question but how i do install this? im currently using a old version of ysmenu (i think) and would like to move onto wood since i can finally play last window.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Twin989 said:
sorry for the noob question but how i do install this? im currently using a old version of ysmenu (i think) and would like to move onto wood since i can finally play last window.
Delete all the firmware/kernel files currently on your SD card then place _DS_MENU.dat and the __rpg folder directly onto the root of your card. See this thread for a more complete guide - http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide...ting-up-wood-r4

Note that Wood R4 will only work if you have a real R4.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twin989 said:

The simplest to find out if Wood will work on your cart is to download this archive http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k9brebc4d9f3ulb and extract it to your MicroSD card. It's normal Wood 1.13, just as an NDS file so you will be able to run it from inside YSMenu. It saves having to reinstall YSMenu if wood doesn't work.

If that Wood works for you, then you may as well switch to Wood full time replacing YSmenu completely. Just download the normal archive from the 1st post in this thread, or follow my guide.

Twin989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, i managed to successfully install it and it seems to work fine on my old R4 clone (M3 DS Simply).

Sherlock Holmes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, could someone please tell me how to install this on M3 real(or if that is even possible)?
I tried googling to see if anyone was having the same trouble as me. When I put it in my sd card, I get a message of "no system found found" and I can't load anything. Sorry if this is a frequently asked question, but I swear I did look for the answer before posting here. I tried using a few guides(even the one suggested here) but it didn't work for some reason.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sherlock Holmes said:
Oh. I read someone saying that it worked on the m3, I must have misread it then. My bad.

It works on the M3 DS Simply, because underneath the shell it's actually an identical copy of the R4.

The M3 Real on the otherhand is a completely seperate cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one