You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
*snip*

And now you can see how it goes with the Wood releases: a person who enjoys solving problems for people who are thankful because they (including me) thought their card was sort of dead.

Wood is a heaven sent creature. He has the right attitude. Can we donate some money to him anywhere? He deserves it. *snip*

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
*GASP* I hope YWG will do keep continuing this project. i think i
wub.gif
him now..
shy.gif

Thanks you for Wood R4. You gave hope to us damned R4 users who thought the firmware will never be as good as this one is
smileipb2.png

ifenix said:
WOW.
Great new.
I hope it works on R4SDHC
sadly.. it wont

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I boot it for the first time and get greeted by a skin as about as needy for attention as a watermark abusing deviant artist.

The LEAST you could do is have the default skin put important relevant information on the topscreen without making an interface with your names puked all over it.

Edit: Wait, was the last version like that too? I didn't replace my globalsettings.ini last time.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is a gbatemp exclusive, if it wasn't for gbatemp this project would not be public. this is something that all forum file traders forget to mention. you have no idea how much work was put in to get the rights to release the r4 firmware! if you don't like that skin, simply pick another.

-another world

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
this is a gbatemp exclusive, if it wasn't for gbatemp this project would not be public. this is something that all forum file traders forget to mention. you have no idea how much work was put in to get the rights to release the r4 firmware! if you don't like that skin, simply pick another.

-another world
Oh believe me, I'm VERY thankful for the firmware and appreciate the work you guys put into it, but you're giving off the wrong image by doing this. This is on the same level as attention grabbing intros on scene releases.
Not the small images that are easily skipped, I mean the obnoxious ones that don't let you play the game for a good minute.

Just try and imagine this, A customer decides to buy an R4DS from Shoptemp, not knowing much about the ways of flashcarts, and decides to order the "Premium Flashing and Updating service", their R4DS arrives complete with a pre-loaded microSD, containing some nice homebrew, and Wood R4 1.08.

The first thing they see when they turn on the DS is something so desperate and needy for attention, that they might not like what they see.

Look all I'm saying is you should review how you want to have the skin displayed, I advise not watermarking every possible graphic, but instead putting a heartfelt or helpful message on the top screen.
Have it default to a "First run" skin and include a standard "GBAtemp" skin without all the watermarking on it.

Unless the file traders are deliberately trying to stop you from getting credit where credit is due, then this shouldn't be a problem right?

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: off-topic, uncalled for, rude, grow the hell up please.

I believe the edit of my post was unjust. It was very much on topic and I think the person who it's aimed at deserve such a mention.
I think it's not good for this community to just remove posts done by people with a very good reason. Does this forum (still) believe in freedom of speech??? This was not mindless babbling.

*I hope this comment will not be removed*

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
berlinka said:
QUOTE said:

I believe the edit of my post was unjust. It was very much on topic and I think the person who it's aimed at deserve such a mention.
I think it's not good for this community to just remove posts done by people with a very good reason. Does this forum (still) believe in freedom of speech??? This was not mindless babbling.

Websites are a private function and are not bound by the laws of free speech.

Just sayin'

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
RupeeClock said:
berlinka said:
QUOTE said:

Websites are a private function and are not bound by the laws of free speech.

Just sayin'
Yes but this forum has always been a good place where people could speak out. I don't have that feeling anymore.

And to stay on topic (because I don't want to go against the rules) I think the new Wood release is great! I'm playing Jam with the band right now!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
berlinka said:
QUOTE said:

your post contained slander, contained swearing, and other childish remarks. your words were off-topic because the people you mentioned have nothing to do with wood firmware, and the flash kits you mentioned are not supported by wood firmware. there are sections of this site for everything you feel you need to share with the public, make use of one that is designed for such remarks

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning