Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Wood Firmware News!
R4iDSN Official Support!
r4idsn_wood_supported_111510.jpg

I am excited to announce that the Yellow Wood Goblin has started to branch out with official support of the R4iDSN. The R4iDSN is an almost identical clone of the AK2i, speculated to be an unofficially released OEM design. The team who is currently releasing software updates for this card have contacted YWG and asked for proper Wood support. He has agreed and the first release is now available for download. Users many notice that the R4iDSN page currently hosts the R4iDS Gold's unofficial Wood Firmware. No official word has been released on if the R4iDSN team currently manufactures both cards, which could mean possible official Wood support for both kits. We would like to know if your R4iDS Gold runs the R4iDSN official Wood update. Be sure to post your comments, questions, and discussion via the link below.

Additionally, we would like to announce that the release of Wood 1.17 is not far off, and when it is ready GBATemp will be your exclusive news source!

R4 clone makers should pay attention as YWG would like to add the following statement to this news post.
"Support of any R4 clone is possible. I only ask that you contact me and offer testing samples and protocol descriptions"

This statement is for R4 firmware teams and Flash Kit manufactures only, please do not contact YWG and offer to send your R4 clone.

download.gif
R4iDSN Download Page
icon11.gif
R4iDSN Homepage

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its the same wood r4 firmware, but now it officially supports the r4, r4 1:1 hardware copy, and the r4idsn. by this i mean the wood v1.17 firmware will work on all 3 cards. more support might be added if more companies contact YWG and ask for it.

-another world

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
its the same wood r4 firmware, but now it officially supports the r4, r4 1:1 hardware copy, and the r4idsn. by this i mean the wood v1.17 firmware will work on all 3 cards. more support might be added if more companies contact YWG and ask for it.

-another world
That's interesting I guess, that would mean proper SDHC and DSi support for the Wood R4 firmware at last.

I guess YWG must be getting something out of it in return.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
This statement is for R4 firmware teams and Flash Kit manufactures only, please do not contact YWG and offer to send your R4 clone.

This statement suggests YWG is making something out of this. What about all the clones that are no longer updated by their respective teams? R4i Ultra for one? Those teams won't be able to send flash kits. If YWG wasn't making anything, he'd be willing to accept my R4i Ultra for testing...

Not that there's anything wrong with making something out if this, we all know he deserves it! And if he wants my shitty clone, I will send it.

EDIT: Naturally, I tested this on the R4i Ultra, also an AK clone. Of course it doesn't boot in case anyone was wondering.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SixtySixHundred said:
Another World said:

This statement suggests YWG is making something out of this. What about all the clones that are no longer updated by their respective teams? R4i Ultra for one? Those teams won't be able to send flash kits. If YWG wasn't making anything, he'd be willing to accept my R4i Ultra for testing...

Not that there's anything wrong with making something out if this, we all know he deserves it! And if he wants my shitty clone, I will send it.

EDIT: Naturally, I tested this on the R4i Ultra, also an AK clone. Of course it doesn't boot in case anyone was wondering.

the r4i ultra was made by acekard, acekard even coded the 1st menu for it. [email protected] -- even if just for laughs!

you can take the statement to mean whatever you want. the reason i added the last bit is so that every person who wants wood support doesn't flood his PM box offering to send him a card. he also needs the official protocol descriptions from the devs. i don't think most of the normal users can offer that information. if the company is dead and the flash kit updates are dead, users should move on and perhaps pick up the $6 r4 1:1 clone that shoptemp sells.

i can assure you that he is getting nothing for support besides a kit to test with.

-another world

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
SixtySixHundred said:
Another World said:

the r4i ultra was made by acekard, acekard even coded the 1st menu for it. [email protected] -- even if just for laughs!

you can take the statement to mean whatever you want. the reason i added the last bit is so that every person who wants wood support doesn't flood his PM box offering to send him a card. he also needs the official protocol descriptions from the devs. i don't think most of the normal users can offer that information. if the company is dead and the flash kit updates are dead, users should move on and perhaps pick up the $6 r4 1:1 clone that shoptemp sells.

i can assure you that he is getting nothing for support besides a kit to test with.

-another world

Well that just raises more questions... Not gonna ask them though.
I have many more flashkits so I'm not bothered really, just wanted to help those with nothing other than the R4i Ultra. Anywhoo, I'm fairly sure YWG does indeed deserve to get something out if this but it doesn't effect me if he does or not, good luck to him!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoMee said:
I think he should get something for it, they will be making a lot off money off his work
Well actually, it's an open-sourced project so anyone with the know-how could have ported the firmware to the flashcart of their choosing.
What YWG has done is added coded to his own master files, that'll allow each new release of his firmware to work on an additional flashcart, the Acekard RPG, the original R4DS/1:1 clones, and now the R4iDSN.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
RoMee said:
I think he should get something for it, they will be making a lot off money off his work
Well actually, it's an open-sourced project so anyone with the know-how could have ported the firmware to the flashcart of their choosing.
What YWG has done is added coded to his own master files, that'll allow each new release of his firmware to work on an additional flashcart, the Acekard RPG, the original R4DS/1:1 clones, and now the R4iDSN.

He still deserve something more than a flash kit
QUOTE(Another World @ Nov 15 2010, 05:21 AM)
We would like to know if your R4iDS Gold runs the R4iDSN official Wood update. Be sure to post your comments, questions, and discussion via the link below.

yep my R4i gold with the red pcb,works with wood from r4idsn and r4ids.cn

this is pretty cool news, I got an email from them about continuing with wood, but I didn't know they got support from YWG

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Fantastic news!

Wood R4 for R4i rts (or m3 because as I know it has the same author) would be sooooo awesome
biggrin.gif

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the original R4 i'm guessing this doesn't apply to me? Sorry I haven't kept up on my firmware outside of official so is Wood just a guy making his own firmware cause R4 isn't updated often enough? I'm lost. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.