Lord-D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I buied an R4i (Wood compatible, CN Version) from shoptemp.com.
Today I wanted to upgrade from my 1.21 version that I downloaded form r4ids.cn to 1.22 from filetrip.
I just delated everything except my roms folder and but the new files on my sd card.

But wenn try to load wood it stucks on the Loading... screen. Tried 3 different sd cards, same error.
But back 1.21 from r4ids.cn everything works. What I am doing wrong?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
IIRC WoodR4i Gold (www.r4ids.cn) has to be complied by the team themselves. YWG gives them the source files and they compile it from there.

So woodr4i will always be a day late. That is why the one 1.21 you downloaded from their homepage works and the 1.21 from filetrip doesn't.

Wait until R4i Gold team compiles it's own woodr4.

ezzieyguywuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex658: if this is the case, YWG should clarify his description on the filetrip website. It is misleading, as I too thought I could just drag-n-drop and have a running OS.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ezzieyguywuf said:
Alex658: if this is the case, YWG should clarify his description on the filetrip website. It is misleading, as I too thought I could just drag-n-drop and have a running OS.

well if you do your research, you will find that the r4i gold and the r4idsn use different wood

just read the "READ ME" that is included in every wood r4i firmware
QUOTEimpotant information:
there is a wood r4i gold firmware that is released by R4iDSN team (http://www.r4ids.cn site) since version 1.17. this firmware is produced in
close cooperation between me and the R4iDSN team and gets the same support from me as my other builds.

YWG shouldn't have to hold your hands through everything

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ezzieyguywuf said:

This has been said by AW several times I recall..
YWG provides the fixes/source and R4ids.cn team applies them to the firm.
Go ahead and ask Another World. feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ^^

Wait a bit. you've waited a week or two at most for this fixes another day or two max isn't much
biggrin.gif

ezzieyguywuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee: I did in fact read the readme. I guess to me it was just unclear that what I was downloading was not meant to be used on my r4i gold. It says that there is another firmware, released by the official team, and that its produced is close cooperation with YWG. Call me a stickler, but it doesn't say anything about the necessity of using the official build with my cn card.

Lord-D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RoMee said:
ezzieyguywuf said:

well if you do your research, you will find that the r4i gold and the r4idsn use different wood

there is a wood r4i gold firmware that is released by R4iDSN team (http://www.r4ids.cn site) since version 1.17. this firmware is produced in
close cooperation between me and the R4iDSN team and gets the same support from me as my other builds.

If this is so. Then for which card is the R4iDSN file on filetrip?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Lord-D said:
RoMee said:
ezzieyguywuf said:

If this is so. Then for which card is the R4iDSN file on filetrip?

Haven't you been reading this at all?

it's not for a card. IT'S FOR THE R4iDSN Team.
They will compile their OWN wood R4 from THOSE files YWG gave them. (the R4iDSN filetrip link)

Hope this answers your question. ^^

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll make this a simple as I can

-R4idsn and R4i GOLD is the same team
-they have two flash cart
----r4idsn r4idsn.com
----r4i gold r4i gold
-YWG makes wood for the r4idsn and release it with his regular wood r4
----this r4idsn WOOD firmware will work on the r4idsn cart ONLY
-He than send the r4idsn team a copy of the WOOD R4iDSN firmware
-The r4idsn team than port it over to their other flash cart the R4iGOLD and relase it a day later

that is why WOOD for r4i gold, will be release later or tomorrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all