Won't Save DLC To SdCards

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by GusMing, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010

Won't Save DLC To SdCards by GusMing at 6:07 AM (1,647 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. GusMing
    OP

Newcomer GusMing Member

United States
    I downloaded the new DLC for today and it won't save to the SdCard it says it's write protected and it's like that for all 8 cards I use and i know none of them are locked and you can't delete from them either. My guess is they messed up the store or changed something that i would hope is hackable. Any1 have any insight into this?

2. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    use priiloader.

3. GusMing
    OP

Newcomer GusMing Member

United States
    now what would that have to do with it?

4. Nintendo_Chick

United States
    It's the easiest way to use memory hacks like remove copy protection.

5. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

I have no idea what the above poster is on about.

Can any other apps on your wii write to the SD card, for example can the system menu copy channels/saves or can you use ftpii to copy files onto the SD? If not, sounds like hardware failure in the SD slot.

6. Nintendo_Chick

United States
    I might of miss-read what you said. Does it say your card is write protected, or the DLC is?

7. GusMing
    OP

Newcomer GusMing Member

United States
    yea I can't copy anything from the wii to the cards either but i can install from the cards and all the dlc on them work fine i just can't add or delete anything on them in the wii... pc is fine, so I take it I am screwed. Isn't there a way to download the dlc on a pc?

Oh i can create a backup of my rb2 data with rawksd fine which tells me this is nintendo's doing

8. Make sure they are NOT SDHC. o-o

9. Nintendo_Chick

United States
    4.0 adds SDHC support.

10. trigger_ftu

Member trigger_ftu The FantomPhox

United States
    ok to simplify for thous out there without a bain. rock band 2 was made pre 4.0 that means the SDK used for making the game has the older sd-card driver meaning RB2 has no support for sdhc. will it ever have sdhc compatibility? answer possibly. unless someone creates a hack for the use of sdhc with riivolution or the rawksd devs ever update teh code for a possible sdhc compatibility then yes. but other than that no RB2 will not have sdhc compatibility and seeings red octain has been talking about a RB3 it will have sdhc compatibility if/when it is made or released.

sad thing the wii SDK dev units are 2 nintendo wii's 1 red and 1 green. odd but true.

11. GusMing
    OP

Newcomer GusMing Member

United States
    rb2 was made b4 sdhc support so the game can't use them at all which is why I have 8 cards for the dlc. I am not new to this, i have had the game since it came out and this problem just started yesterday so between the coheed stuff which I had no problems with to this weeks something has changed.

The wii now started to say that my cards and I mean every single card that they are all locked, you know like that switch on the side of them is lock but they aren't, I can modify the cards in homebrew like I can create a backup of my rock band profile to a card with rawksd, also I can change, delete or add whatever on the computer so this has to be something with nintendo. I'm not the only one that I have talked to with this problem just seem to be the only one here with it.

I haven't changed anything, no IOSs, nothing at all between the dlc weeks cause I play rock band 99% of the time.

The worst part of it is if I have the dlc on the wii and start rb again since it fails to write them to the SDcard ater the startup it then also disables the SDcards so I have to then go to the music store delete the Silverchair song, cause that is the only one of the 3 from this week I like and restart again and download it again.

12. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

I'll repeat what I asked before: can you use the system menu to copy savefiles/channels TO the SD card? Forget about rawksd, it has no error checking to make sure it actually wrote successfully [​IMG]

13. GusMing
    OP

Newcomer GusMing Member

United States
    no can't copy anything in the wii and it did make the backup i checked.

14. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Are you sure the backup wasn't already there? Still sounds to me like the little lever inside the SD slot that rests on the write protect switch has broken off.

15. GusMing
    OP

Newcomer GusMing Member

United States
    no i never created one b4. Man if that is so that is depressing and I can't get to it if I took it apart can I?

16. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

RawkSD creates a backup when you install songs if one doesn't already exist, so it might have been there for ages.
    Not sure how much you have to pull apart to get to it, maybe the lever is only bent a little bit and wrapping a bit of tape around the card will make it work.

17. GusMing
    OP

Newcomer GusMing Member

United States
    darn, i put on a few layers of tape till it about jammed with no luck there either but thanks for the suggestions