Wont load any games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pads87, Dec 30, 2010.

Dec 30, 2010

Wont load any games by pads87 at 2:17 PM (593 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pads87
    OP

Newcomer pads87 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Ive got my self a wii and have soft modded it which is working brilliant, since then my brother and friend have wanted me to do theirs aswell, which i have done. My brothers works fine but my friends doesnt.

What it is shes having trouble loading the games from USB Loader GX, basically when you click on a game you want it just freezes and the disk drive blue light keeps flashing until you have to take the power supply out of the wii to restart it.

Ive narrowed it down to be a problem with the hardrive it self because ive tested it on my wii and it does the same to mine and if i put my hardrive in hers it works perfectly. The hardrive is a western digital passport 250gb which is the same one i used to do my brothers but his works.... So im a bit stuck with whats the problem??

also apparently it did work fine for a day or two but now doesnt...

Is it best to some how reformat the hardrive and start a fresh or is their some sort of program to check if its ok??

any help would be muchly appreicated!

Many thanks

Lee

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    try formatting the drive in FAT32

3. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    If you are looking for a tool that can "fix" a WBFS partition or WBFS files, I would suggest you take a look at Wiimm's ISO Tools. From his site:
    -Happy New Year! []D

4. pads87
    OP

Newcomer pads87 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ive tried formatting it to FAT32 but it still doesnt work. I honestly think i have a faulty drive because in the end i decided to delete all the games off and put them back on again to see if that worked but as i tried to put the games back on it took forever and stopped after the third one and said there was an error. I then tried to re format the drive and it wouldnt format it but then i kept trying and it finally did??? so i tried added games again and it wouldnt some times and then it would other times... all very odd so the only thing i can think off is that its a bit faulty

5. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Yeah, that drive looks like it's about to kick it. Try running a drive utility like Spin Rite or maybe see if you can get it replaced under warranty. Sucky situation for sure.

-Happy New Year! []D