Hacking Wondering if the iPlayer can be used like an Acekard

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the iPlayer is not capable of playing NDS ROMs, but it is capable of using DLDI patching. So I was wondering, if DLDI patching can be used, could an app for it be created to run DS games? I know that there is an app only for the iPlayer by darkchen that can emulate GBA games, so if the extra hardware can be used for GBA games, why not DS games?
(I hope this doesnt violate the rom rule or anything, I was just curious about this and had nowhere else to ask
smile.gif
)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I understand the iplayer is physically capable of playing DS games like other slot 1 carts. All it needs is a firmware update to allow it. So it's software not hardware. Anyhows I doubt it will play DS games with the Supercard DSTwo coming out soon as the Supercard team made both carts.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I am wondering is because I know the iPlayer is the only thing capable of playing GBA games from Slot-1 (In the DSi at that too!)
I wanted to buy an iPlayer, but after such a DS emulator has been creted. So, maybe someone can hack the firmware or something? (i dunno, guessing here...)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only way the iplayer can play Ds games if someone modifies the firmware to allow commercial rom loading. The 'iplayer' team arn't going to do it. I doubt someone will hack it considering the amount of work it'll need; think about there's bearly 5000 DS roms and htere's going to be another 1000 or so left in teh DS life cycle. No one is going to do for free especially without a source code.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I just read about the Supercard DSTwo, so if it is released, does that mean darkchen's GBA emulator will work on it? Just like the iPlayer?
(or, does that not matter, because u said it would be with Slot-2?)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Theoretically Darkchen's emulator could work as it looks like their simialir hardware wise i.e the CPU. But until it's released we nobody knows anything. Also I didn't mention slot-2, I'm only guessing you thought that because it's of the title of the SCDS2. No it's a slot one card, a direct successor to the supercard DS one.

Summary: if you want GBA emulation and commercial DS rom support then wait for the SCDS2.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It could be pre-orders but the SCDS2 isn't out yet. I gurantee you that. I'll guess it'll be out March/April at the ealiest with Chinese New Year and fixing any bugs the card may have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.