Hacking Wonderfully bricked my PSP today

DoctorEvil8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm usually not a moron, but today I am. Was planning on removing Infinity and doing some CFW playing, but ran the wrong app (Infinity Firmware Flasher) and my PSP boots no more. (Model 1001) Green light for about 30 seconds, then turns off. Screen does nothing.

From what I can read online, Pandora battery sounds like my only option, but the only one I can find is $80. It would be cheaper just to buy a new PSP.

Has anyone tried non-pandora battery methods with success? Like I mentioned earlier, green light only stays on for about 30 seconds.

DoctorEvil8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can unbrick with Despertar del cementerio + Pandora

If you have a friend with a PSP 1K, you can easily create a Pandora battery

I bought a second PSP 1001 today. Did the Magic Memory Stick and softmod Pandora battery. The system is back to normal. I think I will keep this second system in case I have any more dumb ideas. :)

RedL

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm usually not a moron, but today I am. Was planning on removing Infinity and doing some CFW playing, but ran the wrong app (Infinity Firmware Flasher) and my PSP boots no more. (Model 1001) Green light for about 30 seconds, then turns off. Screen does nothing.

From what I can read online, Pandora battery sounds like my only option, but the only one I can find is $80. It would be cheaper just to buy a new PSP.

Has anyone tried non-pandora battery methods with success? Like I mentioned earlier, green light only stays on for about 30 seconds.
For anyone getting this again, I had a similar issue lately after multiple flashings (6.60-PRO, 6.61-Infinity,...cannot recall in which orders). The console would "turn on" (lights on, etc..) but not boot. I fixed it by holding start while turning it on, then promptly installed a stock firmware.

Reactions: zfreeman

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't even heard of infinity. Been so long since I used my PSPs, that when I unpacked them from my most recent move, BOTH batteries were swollen and cracked. I am so lucky that every single thing I own didn't go up in flames :O.
Edit: But apart from being dead, I'm pretty sure there is no problem with my Pandora battery. Always kept it separate in my laptop case along with the memory stick.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: chocoboss

DoctorEvil8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people installing Infinity on 1000s? What's the benefit?

I did this out of habit. I owned a 2000 and 3000 before and used Infinity. Now I have 1000 and just did Infinity like I did before.

Since the brick, and reading up on it, I see Infinity is not necessary for 1000. Not using Infinity anymore for my two 1000 systems.

Reactions: Deleted User

m4rc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have a fat model, you don't need infinity (which is bugged as hell).
You should install 6.61 ME or PRO.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Im warning everyone that its buggy and from time to time it causes bricks but people say I used it for X amount time nothing happened. Im not saying it will happen necessarily does it worth the risk?

I prefer to downgrade to 6.20 for permahack and people upgrade from 6.20 t0 6.60 which I dont have any idea why.

RedL

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why are people installing Infinity on 1000s? What's the benefit?
I think I recall doing this because the official French eboot for FF8 wasn't booting up on 6.60PRO, or something like that. Was supposed to be fix in PRO-C3 but even this one wasn't working.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im warning everyone that its buggy and from time to time it causes bricks but people say I used it for X amount time nothing happened. Im not saying it will happen necessarily does it worth the risk?

I prefer to downgrade to 6.20 for permahack and people upgrade from 6.20 t0 6.60 which I dont have any idea why.
Bricking only happens during installation. User error will usually be: not updating to 6.61 beforehand, a plugin interfering, or using the wrong update eboot. As long as the user wipes everything from their SD card, there's nothing to cause problems.

6.60 is usually for plugin compatibility. Also, I think a 6.20 PSP and a 6.60 PSP can't connect through ad hoc. That's why I updated, before knowing what downgrading was.

Reactions: Alexander1970

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Bricking only happens during installation. User error will usually be: not updating to 6.61 beforehand, a plugin interfering, or using the wrong update eboot. As long as the user wipes everything from their SD card, there's nothing to cause problems.

6.60 is usually for plugin compatibility. Also, I think a 6.20 PSP and a 6.60 PSP can't connect through ad hoc. That's why I updated, before knowing what downgrading was.

I have one 6.20 and a 6.60 PSP go both on LME and they connect without problem and also 6.20 can run anything (maybe except a few PSX titles) 6.60 can run.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I was using Pro B-9 or 10.
C2 is the latest (although it has a bug where legitimately-purchased PSX games don't work, which the Yoti mod fixes), and while 6.20 can run everything, on a 1000 or early 2000 the best method is the cIPL flash as you can still use 6.61 plugins instead of having to rely on the ancient ones for 6.20. On a late 2000 and 3000 Infinity is generally the best, its code is much better than the 6.20 coldboot exploit and it has the potential to also be able to unbrick the console in certain situations (although nobody ever made software to actually unbrick you...). On a Go, Infinity breaks Pause and not all consoles can downgrade to 6.20, so I'd recommend just sticking with Fast Recovery. Personally, I've been using Infinity with Pro C2 Yoti mod (and a while ago I used LME) on my 3000 and have never had any issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.