Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thumb160x_wii_280x450_88841a.jpg

QUOTE said:
A 38-year-old British woman, once so large she was afraid to have sex with her husband, now parades about her home in sexy lingerie after losing 112 pounds, a dramatic change in physique she credits to a Wii Fit regimen.

Lara Roberts specifically thanked the Wii for allowing her to work out in her home, because she was very self-conscious about visiting a gym or jogging in public. As a result, she went from 252 to 140 pounds in a year.

Note: There absolutely was a dietary component to this change. British tab News of the World says she "ditched the comfort eating," which had surged to nearly 4,000 calories a day until a friend pointed out her nonstop consumption.

"I knew if I didn't do something, chances are I wouldn't live to see my girls grow up," she said.

But while this sounds like the textbook definition of "results may vary," I find it believable. First, it took a full year of getting up at 5 a.m. to work out. That's not a quick-fix miracle program. Second, she recognized fully how her eating habits required a very disciplined change in behavior. And third, she was motivated by concern for her children and she had the support of her family. Shame or embarrassment are powerful feelings, but they can't motivate you without a support network, you'll just give in to defeatism. I also buy the fact Wii Fit appealed to her because it allowed her to work out in private.

The benefits? Lara's become quite the cougar. She says her daughter's male friends have eyes for her, and an appearance on BBC 3's "I'm Hotter Than My Daughter" backs it up.
Source

EDIT: Sorry for spelling error in title. "Woman", not "Women". -.-

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there some story a whiles back about how this guy lost lots of weight playing Wii boxing? Seems like a much more fun method, personally (although Wii boxing is really nothing but some random flailing).

Now we can wait for Nintendo in the UK to start hooking her up with some Wii Fit commercials. She'll be like fucking Jerry or whatever his name is in the Subway commercials.

EDIT: MILF.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now this IS some good advertising for Ninty.

Also, I can't believe how much weight she lost. I mean, she almost looks like a completely different person, now
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Meh. She needed Wii Fit to motivate her? Just use a freaking treadmill or run in the park. No need for a gaming device. Well, it wasn't entirely due to Wii Fit. Her diet changed too.

Ninty should be happy, though.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raiser said:
Lara's become quite the cougar. She says her daughter's male friends have eyes for her, and an appearance on BBC 3's "I'm Hotter Than My Daughter" backs it up.
rofl2.gif

And then in the Feb. NPD numbers Wii Fit is #1. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a lame advertising scheme from nintendo?
who knows, but she didnt lose that from wii fit alone

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
Raiser said:
Lara's become quite the cougar. She says her daughter's male friends have eyes for her, and an appearance on BBC 3's "I'm Hotter Than My Daughter" backs it up.
rofl2.gif

And then in the Feb. NPD numbers Wii Fit is #1. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Why would it, it's always number 1

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Before Weight Loss

She changed her diet. Thats the big thing. Wii Fit just helped her to work out in private. You could do the same with a treadmill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.